DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing right now?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:53 pm 

Octodad and The Witcher 2.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:22 pm 

Rock of Ages on XBox 360. Download the demo. It's ridiculously entertaining. Imagine Marble Madness crossed with Warcraft crossed with Terry Gilliam cartoons.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:22 pm 

Finished Mass Effect 3 and GODDAMN, does it even really count as an RPG anymore? I played it on hardcore this time around, so I wouldn't breeze though it like with ME2 and found the combat to be much more enjoyable because of it. However, almost everything else the series was previously known for has been hastily thrown out the window in favor of a more generic and straightforward sci-fi action experience (i.e. like Halo). The character choices which previously decided the direction of the story are little else than script edits here. I can see why people were so pissed about the ending (despite the fact that it's pretty obvious they're gonna do another one). (Un)Fortunately, I played this on the PS3 and the other two on 360, so from the get-go none of my previous decisions mattered.

So in short, as far as your generic sci-fi action games go, this is the best you're gonna get, but it's no longer the series I fell in love with. Exploration is a waste of time since the environments all take the form of either devastated war zone or generic space station (like Halo), almost makes you wonder why they didn't just scrap the space map and implement a level by level progression narrative. The spacey-drone music I loved so much has been replaced by a generic epic orchestra (like Halo). There's only a handful of bosses (like Halo). *sigh*

Also, does anyone else think it's really fucked up that not only do they make the multiplayer mandatory (cause you gotta have that extra thirty seconds of cutscene at the end), but you need to buy it new in order to do it?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:26 pm 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
Been playing Fifa 11 for Xbox lately. I was complete dogshit at it for the first few weeks, but I'm starting to win a game or two online now and [i]man[i] is this game addicting.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:26 pm 

why aren't you playing fifa 12? playing a fifa game with outdated graphics and squads and no ultimate team is no fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:58 am 

This is why I wish EA would go bankrupt. Do you guys have no conscience? No issues with them reskinning the same exact fucking game year after year with only minimal changes and updates? And pricing it like a brand new AAA title every single time instead of making it reasonably priced DLC? Yeah I see the practical financial reasons for why EA does it, it doesn't mean YOU have to support them, you fucking tools.

You know what I call people who spend 60 dollars on the same game year after year, a game that only takes a year to be considered outdated and not fun anymore? SUCKERS. I've got Madden 2002 and I see no reason to get another one, I don't give a fuck that the roster and graphics are outdated and unless you're completely obsessed with living out the fantasy of playing as your favorite team as it exists right now, neither should you.

Look, I don't so much mind that EA do this and run what is basically the biggest scam in video game history so much as the monopoly they have created by obtaining all the sports licenses, resulting in them having no competition, and turning the sports genre into such a stagnant waste of potential, a blackhole where no creative ideas can possibly escape. It makes FPSs seem like a wonderland of imagination by comparison.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:10 pm 

what are you talking about? FIFA 12 is a much different game than FIFA 11, in ways more than just squads and graphics. Like I said the ultimate team mode is more than enough of a reason to spend the extra money on a new game. I would agree with you if we were talking about Madden, but FIFA is made an entire different division of EA that actually cares about it's product and actually releases a solid game. FIFA is a very good football game that EA improves drastically each year, unlike Madden. You're speaking out of your ass here boobs.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:28 am 

No, fuck you, it's all the fucking same bullshit. YOU are ruining the video game industry by encouraging this fucking bullshit. So fuck you, fuck EA and fuck everyone who likes their games.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:36 pm 

boo boo wrote:
This is why I wish EA would go bankrupt. Do you guys have no conscience? No issues with them reskinning the same exact fucking game year after year with only minimal changes and updates? And pricing it like a brand new AAA title every single time instead of making it reasonably priced DLC? Yeah I see the practical financial reasons for why EA does it, it doesn't mean YOU have to support them, you fucking tools.

You know what I call people who spend 60 dollars on the same game year after year, a game that only takes a year to be considered outdated and not fun anymore? SUCKERS. I've got Madden 2002 and I see no reason to get another one, I don't give a fuck that the roster and graphics are outdated and unless you're completely obsessed with living out the fantasy of playing as your favorite team as it exists right now, neither should you.

Look, I don't so much mind that EA do this and run what is basically the biggest scam in video game history so much as the monopoly they have created by obtaining all the sports licenses, resulting in them having no competition, and turning the sports genre into such a stagnant waste of potential, a blackhole where no creative ideas can possibly escape. It makes FPSs seem like a wonderland of imagination by comparison.

Yikes ! Pirated games ftw, I buy my games for $5 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:02 am 

boo boo wrote:
No, fuck you, it's all the fucking same bullshit. YOU are ruining the video game industry by encouraging this fucking bullshit. So fuck you, fuck EA and fuck everyone who likes their games.

you're embarrassing yourself

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:35 am 

Reading a post like that from boobs is like curling up in a warm, fuzzy blanket.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:47 am 

That post isn't as much of a troll as you're probably thinking it is.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:07 pm 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
chicken sandwich wrote:
why aren't you playing fifa 12? playing a fifa game with outdated graphics and squads and no ultimate team is no fun.

The answer is pretty simple. 4 of my friends (all of whom also have Xbox Live) have Fifa 11 and none of us have Fifa 12. I don't follow int'l football (or any team other than Seattle Sounders FC, honestly) closely enough to care about squad updates. And I haven't really been into graphics since we kept track of how many bits a console had.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:09 pm 

Team Fortress 2 is fun... :whistle:

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:12 pm 

European Son wrote:
Team Fortress 2 is fun... :whistle:

Yes it is. Super fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 58  Next