DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Street Fighter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:49 am 

Curiosity wrote:
Yeah basically every western game protagonist looks the same, I can agree with that. Basically every single one has the same f*cking attractive mid-30's white male with scruffy hair and stubble look. But every Japanese game character looks like f*cking David Bowie.

Not really, but if they did that would actually be fucking awesome.

Most of the examples shown in that thread are the later FF games, and I've already stated that I'm not really a fan of Nomura's artwork.

There's anime style artwork that I really like, like Street Fighter's. And there's anime style artwork I don't really care for like the 3D Final Fantasy games.

I like a lot of anime style visuals, but some things can be less appealing to me. I'm certainly not the closedminded jackass that you are to just write off the whole fucking thing.

Get out of this fucking thread btw.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:57 am 

Curiosity wrote:
Yeah basically every western game protagonist looks the same, I can agree with that. Basically every single one has the same f*cking attractive mid-30's white male with scruffy hair and stubble look. But every Japanese game character looks like f*cking David Bowie.

Are you saying Cammy and Vega look like David Bowie? IMO, they're fairly creative character designs, with the addition of the traditional clichés of course (big boobs, pretty face and ridiculously muscular upper body). Also, in newer designs they dabble somewhat with the traditional models in fairly interesting ways. One of the suggested Ryu models for SFIV had him looking very gorrila esque, which is kinda funny, and not at all stereotypically of Japanese video games for a protagonist.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:54 pm 

Curiosity wrote:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371406

Proof.

Holy Shit.....makes me respect Bowie even more....I mean WOW.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:56 am 

I don't know what happened, I use to be the king at Street Fighter II, even if it was the SNES version. I just attempted to beat it and I figure I lost about $10 if I were playing the arcade, except that the arcade doesn't lower the difficulty every time you lose, so I feel even worse. I only got to Vega before I made the misguided decision to hit the bathroom and let the game over screen time out.

EDIT: Went back and beat it despite having a terribly blistered thumb, I estimate I only lost $8 this time. But dude, Bison was easy as fuck, the guy has no defense tactics.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:39 pm 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
that_guy wrote:
EDIT: Went back and beat it despite having a terribly blistered thumb, I estimate I only lost $8 this time. But dude, Bison was easy as fuck, the guy has no defense tactics.

Ironic for a character whose every special move begins with holding Back.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:49 pm 

Cruz wrote:
that_guy wrote:

Ironic for a character whose every special move begins with holding Back.

Yeah, he wasn't really using any of his special moves, either. He only did the psycho-rush (or whatever it's called) once, other than that he was acting like Vega, trying to jump around the whole time. But unfortunately he wasn't as nimble as Vega and I was able to trap him in the corner and beat on him mercilessly. I don't understand, I remember Bison being one of the hardest final bosses ever, but he was a total bitch. And I didn't have the difficulty turned down or anything, it was at 4 out of 7 (the default difficulty).

Sagat was a jerk, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:34 am 

I played the new street fighter recently...the boss Seth is a bastard, hate that thing where he sucks you up in....and then this 'immortal' sorta thing he has going....relied on Sagat to beat him, who btw, is so damn badass....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:02 pm 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
Yousha wrote:
I played the new street fighter recently...the boss Seth is a bastard, hate that thing where he sucks you up in....and then this 'immortal' sorta thing he has going....relied on Sagat to beat him, who btw, is so damn badass....

Yeah, Seth totally ruins that game for me. "Easy" should be easy.. like for beginners. Then when you get the hang of the game, you up the difficulty. Seth is impossible for me no matter what.. And it's not like he's just challenging, he's a cheap son of a bitch with unblockable moves.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:06 pm 

If you have a hard time beating him, use Zangief and the triple punch move he has. You can beat the whole game on the hardest difficulty with the move and decent timing.

As for Seth, he feels impossible at the start, but it's all about learning what moves work and when they work. When you have that down you can basically go straigth from easy to very hard (or whatever the last difficulty was called). Sagat was nerfed with the release of SSFIV, btw, if that's the one you were playing. He's still good, though, and an easy character to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:03 am 

Zangiefs piledriver is so damn awesome...I came close to beating Seth with him, but just couldnt ...... Sagat worked great...I have the 1st release, no idea which that is....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:10 am 

Cruz wrote:
Yousha wrote:

Yeah, Seth totally ruins that game for me. "Easy" should be easy.. like for beginners. Then when you get the hang of the game, you up the difficulty. Seth is impossible for me no matter what.. And it's not like he's just challenging, he's a cheap son of a bitch with unblockable moves.

:lol:

it was like Samurai Showdown 5 with this really irritating final boss who transformed into this weird idiotic monster like creature .....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:57 pm 

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks Sagat should have been the final boss of SFII, he was always the toughest motherfucker to beat.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:59 pm 

Shuure wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Are you saying Cammy and Vega look like David Bowie? IMO, they're fairly creative character designs, with the addition of the traditional clichés of course (big boobs, pretty face and ridiculously muscular upper body). Also, in newer designs they dabble somewhat with the traditional models in fairly interesting ways. One of the suggested Ryu models for SFIV had him looking very gorrila esque, which is kinda funny, and not at all stereotypically of Japanese video games for a protagonist.

Yeah, the over the top anime style designs is one of the most appealing things about fighting games for me, when they start looking boring and bland like splinter cell characters or whatever the whole genre will have jumped the shark for me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:30 pm 
Master of the Universe 2008

Will you be playing marvel vs capcom 3?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:37 pm 

I don't own a PS3 but I'm fucking buying it anyway so I can play it at my brother's house.

So hells yeah.

If Dante gets added to the roster I hope he's not gonna have that stupid emo fag design from the upcoming game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next