It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Major League Baseball Players
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:13 pm 

You're on my block list so usually I don't have to deal with any of your posts, though I admit I was too curious to resist this time. Food for thought:

1986-1999 Barry Bonds, presumably pre-roiding, per 162 games: 8.7 WAR/.288/.409/.559/.968/163 adj ops+/37 hr/106 rbi/118 runs/116 walks/38 sb (77.7%)/2.0 defensive wins above replacement. 3 time MVP, 8 gold gloves.

Willie Mayz, career, per 162 games: 8.5 WAR/..302/.384/.557/.941/155 adj ops+/36 hr/103 rbi/112 runs/79 walks/18 sb (76.6%)/1.5 defensive wins above replacement. 2 time MVP, 11 gold gloves.

Even before his performance went Ruthian, Bonds was Mays-esque, and already one of the top 5 or so greatest overall players ever.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:18 pm 
Paulie wrote:
You're on my block list so usually I don't have to deal with any of your posts, though I admit I was too curious to resist this time. Food for thought:

1986-1999 Barry Bonds, presumably pre-roiding, per 162 games: 8.7 WAR/.288/.409/.559/.968/163 adj ops+/37 hr/106 rbi/118 runs/116 walks/38 sb (77.7%)/2.0 defensive wins above replacement. 3 time MVP, 8 gold gloves.

Willie Mayz, career, per 162 games: 8.5 WAR/..302/.384/.557/.941/155 adj ops+/36 hr/103 rbi/112 runs/79 walks/18 sb (76.6%)/1.5 defensive wins above replacement. 2 time MVP, 11 gold gloves.

Even before his performance went Ruthian, Bonds was Mays-esque, and already one of the top 5 or so greatest overall players ever.

I still think Mays beats out Barry Bonds and what about Ty Cobb? Shouldn't he be considered at least?

Why am I on your block list? What have I done to you? I get along with everyone as long as they aren't an ass towards me and I don't criticize the shit out of people's opinions. I get along with everyone at the other forum I use. I don't lose sleep over people here hating on me but wow....If i'm such a major problem then why aren't any moderators warning me? I'm willing to give people that hated me a chance to bury any problems with each other and just move on and talk about music/sports/movies and just chill out.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:30 pm 

Toki Wartooth wrote:
I strongly disagree with Bonds being # 2 and if you don't change it then this list will forever be a joke. Sorry to be mean. I wouldn't have him in the top 5. He's a douchebag. Without steroids he could/should be in the top 10 but fuck not top 5. It's his own goddamn fault for cheating so don't take it out on me for knocking him down a few spots.

BEFORE YOU CALL ME ANOTHER BONDS HATER...he was my FAVORITE player in the 90's and 2000 but I don't give a shit who you are, if your a hitter and you take steroids then your a douchebag asshole who should be severely punished or banned from playing in the MLB. He should be in the Hall of Fame but he shouldn't be the all-time home run king or single season home run record holder.

He hit more home runs as he got older, he was visibly BIGGER than before. Steroids DID help him play better and don't deny it. All 3 players that passed Roger Maris' season record tested positive for steroids.

I realize that Ruth is the greatest when you go by criteria or whatever but he wasn't dominant on defense. I would suggest you put Willie Mays at # 1. He was GREAT on both offense and defense and didn't need steroids to help him hit home runs when he played in one of the toughest ballparks to hit home runs.

660 home runs, over 3,000 hits, 12 gold gloves, and he's an MLB champion. Come on now, he beats Bonds. Of course Ruth had the biggest impact so I'm not saying he shouldn't be # 1 but at least consider Mays to be at the top for 5 minutes.

I'll settle with Mays at # 2 though. Get Bonds out of the top 3 for the love of god. Ty Cobb would be rolling in his grave!

dumbass, dumbass, dumbass.
Everybody used steroids in Bond's prime (2000-2004), so that means EVERYBODY would have had his numbers. Guess what? THEY DIDNT!!!

Also, Bonds was better at stealing bases, more home runs, more runs scored, most walks, most MVP's. Record for highest SLG% and OBP in a single season. Mays wasn't good in the post-season, and Bonds wasnt the best either, but Bonds was excellent in the 2002 World Series.

Dude, fuck off. That whole steroids argument is just terrible. Think of a different argument.

Also Bonds is equal to Mays in fielding, this is the truth.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:39 pm 
BayPineapple wrote:
Toki Wartooth wrote:
I strongly disagree with Bonds being # 2 and if you don't change it then this list will forever be a joke. Sorry to be mean. I wouldn't have him in the top 5. He's a douchebag. Without steroids he could/should be in the top 10 but fuck not top 5. It's his own goddamn fault for cheating so don't take it out on me for knocking him down a few spots.

BEFORE YOU CALL ME ANOTHER BONDS HATER...he was my FAVORITE player in the 90's and 2000 but I don't give a shit who you are, if your a hitter and you take steroids then your a douchebag asshole who should be severely punished or banned from playing in the MLB. He should be in the Hall of Fame but he shouldn't be the all-time home run king or single season home run record holder.

He hit more home runs as he got older, he was visibly BIGGER than before. Steroids DID help him play better and don't deny it. All 3 players that passed Roger Maris' season record tested positive for steroids.

I realize that Ruth is the greatest when you go by criteria or whatever but he wasn't dominant on defense. I would suggest you put Willie Mays at # 1. He was GREAT on both offense and defense and didn't need steroids to help him hit home runs when he played in one of the toughest ballparks to hit home runs.

660 home runs, over 3,000 hits, 12 gold gloves, and he's an MLB champion. Come on now, he beats Bonds. Of course Ruth had the biggest impact so I'm not saying he shouldn't be # 1 but at least consider Mays to be at the top for 5 minutes.

I'll settle with Mays at # 2 though. Get Bonds out of the top 3 for the love of god. Ty Cobb would be rolling in his grave!

Everybody used steroids in Bond's prime (2000-2004), so that means EVERYBODY would have had his numbers. Guess what? THEY DIDNT!!!

Also, Bonds was better at stealing bases, more home runs, more runs scored, most walks, most MVP's. Record for highest SLG% and OBP in a single season. Mays wasn't good in the post-season, and Bonds wasnt the best either, but Bonds was excellent in the 2002 World Series.

Dude, fuck off. That whole steroids argument is just terrible. Think of a different argument.

Dumbass? wow that's a revolutionary word to insult someone. I've never heard that word in my entire life.

Bonds was already a great player which is why he had better numbers than everyone else. Bonds along with all those other players disrespected the game of baseball and the great players that came before them and you can't deny that. He has the record for SLG and OBP because of steroids dude. How can a player explode for 73 home runs at the age he was? That record will never be broken without the help of steroids.

Quit awarding and praising cheaters so highly. I already said he can be in the top 10 (don't know where) but not 2nd!!!

You don't need to tell me Bonds was a great outfielder because I said he was my favorite player but I would take Mays over Bonds as an outfielder.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:50 pm 

Toki Wartooth wrote:
BayPineapple wrote:
Toki Wartooth wrote:

Dumbass? wow that's a revolutionary word to insult someone. I've never heard that word in my entire life.

Bonds was already a great player which is why he had better numbers than everyone else. Bonds along with all those other players disrespected the game of baseball and the great players that came before them and you can't deny that. He has the record for SLG and OBP because of steroids dude. How can a player explode for 73 home runs at the age he was? That record will never be broken without the help of steroids.

Quit awarding and praising cheaters so highly. I already said he can be in the top 10 (don't know where) but not 2nd!!!

You don't need to tell me Bonds was a great outfielder because I said he was my favorite player but I would take Mays over Bonds as an outfielder.

He is not a cheater. Steroid use is so overblown. Sure, it makes you stronger, but at the end of the day everybody used it, even pitchers. It all canceled out.

Okay, just pretend he didnt do steroids, and you looked at his numbers. Would he deserve a #2 ranking???

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:57 pm 
BayPineapple wrote:
Toki Wartooth wrote:
BayPineapple wrote:
Toki Wartooth wrote:

He is not a cheater. Steroid use is so overblown. Sure, it makes you stronger, but at the end of the day everybody used it, even pitchers. It all canceled out.

Okay, just pretend he didnt do steroids, and you looked at his numbers. Would he deserve a #2 ranking???

Not everyone in baseball at that time used steroids or more people would of been on that list they had. He is a douchebag cheater and they always deny using which makes them even more of a douchebag. Look at Manny Ramirez running off like a coward.

They are cheaters and so is Bonds but yes he is one of the all-time greats. Pitchers using steroids is a bit of a joke, I don't see how steroids can help you pitch better.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:45 pm 

just stop. please just stop.

Bonds>Mays.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 pm 
Master of the Universe 2008

I hate both of you. You two are going to make me stop caring about this sport

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:57 pm 

Chemical Ali wrote:

cry me a river
but seriously, who do you think is better, and give me good reasoning, Bonds or Mays?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:03 pm 
Master of the Universe 2008

Probably Barry Larkin.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:06 pm 

Chemical Ali wrote:
Probably Barry Larkin.

???
Okay...

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:10 am 

Toki Wartooth wrote:

Well, that's probably because Ty Cobb was racist.

Anyway, I think Mays > Bonds, but I really don't care enough.

Where does everyone think Pujols should rank?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:30 am 

Somewhere in the top 25 probably, maybe behind Mike Schmidt and Rickey Henderson and ahead of Joe Morgan and A-Rod. Kind of conservative 'cause it's still early yet in his career.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:50 am 

I'm not sure I'd put him over A-Rod just yet. Steroids are one thing against A-Rod, but I'd still give Rodriguez the slight edge. But assuming he ends up greater than A-Rod, will that make Pujols the greatest Latin American player of all time? (I'm not counting Ted Williams, because he's only part Mexican and was born in the states).

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:41 am 
Chemical Ali wrote:

Then don't comment on this list anymore. Sick of you idiots hating when all I'm doing is trying to make a DDD list better. Go to another forum and hate somewhere else. I don't give a fuck about your shitty attitude. :facepalm:

Stat wise on offense....Ty Cobb is the most amazing player ever.

Pujols over A-Rod probally. My opinion.

I'd rather be a racist than a cheater pgm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next