DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1007 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Sports
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:28 am 

Yeah I know I'm just thinking ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 pm 

Yeah, I made some changes on my bench because I have a few guys banged up.

The big thing was I changed my kicker and defense since they combined for -1 points.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:49 pm 

Eric J wrote:
Any advice on who to pick up for D? I have the Chargers who play the Pats next week...

I have the same predicament, i'm a Pats fan so I hate having to root against them. I picked up Denver defense, McFadden ran all over them but this week they're facing Dalton/Gradowski so I think they'll do alright, plus Benson is no McFaddon. I think Dumervil might play also and Von Miller is still getting up to speed, so they should help. I don't put much faith into defenses unless I have a premier one (Green Bay, Baltimore, Pitt, Jets, Phily etc.), after that defensive production and valuation seems to come down to matchups and luck (San Francisco got the most points week one and I wouldn't call them an elite defense)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:52 pm 

Let's say B Lloyd is out this week, and Ben Tate gets the start (both of these situations are pretty unclear at the moment). I need to fill my RB2, WR2, and Flex spots with the following players to choose from (with opponents):

RBs:
Tim Hightower (ARI)
DeAngelo Williams (GB)
Ben Tate (@MIA)
Brandon Jacobs (STL)
Marshawn Lynch (@PIT) <--not really considering this, he sucks dick

WRs:
Steve Smith (GB)
Kenny Britt (BAL)
Chad Ochocinco (SD) <--not considering him either, at least not until Tom Brady remembers who he is

I have some thoughts but I'd like to hear outside opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:06 pm 

Taking a big risk with my squad for this weekend's games by playing all of my Chelsea players and benching Young and Anderson from Manchester United.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:08 pm 

Thanks to my policy of no Chelsea, City or Liverpool players, matches like this never cause a dilemma for me. Plus, I think the Rooney/Nani combo will come up with the goods again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:21 pm 

IamtheLaw382 wrote:
Going into Week 2, I'm thinking I'll pick up the Texans for my defense. Should I dump the Giants for them and risk not getting them back (is that even a concern) or should I drop one of my bench guys ? Still thinking about getting Jordy Nelson...maybe drop Brandon Jacobs for him. Advice?

I'd stay away from the Texans defense. They were made to look good by the Colts but I think they could actually have a bad week. But I wouldn't really worry about losing the Giants either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:23 pm 

chicken sandwich wrote:
Eric J wrote:
Any advice on who to pick up for D? I have the Chargers who play the Pats next week...

I have the same predicament, i'm a Pats fan so I hate having to root against them. I picked up Denver defense, McFadden ran all over them but this week they're facing Dalton/Gradowski so I think they'll do alright, plus Benson is no McFaddon. I think Dumervil might play also and Von Miller is still getting up to speed, so they should help. I don't put much faith into defenses unless I have a premier one (Green Bay, Baltimore, Pitt, Jets, Phily etc.), after that defensive production and valuation seems to come down to matchups and luck (San Francisco got the most points week one and I wouldn't call them an elite defense)

Their run defense is atrocious though and they lost some of their best players. They may be the worst defense in the league and I think Benson can run on them heavily so I'd be careful.

And San Fran had the double special teams TD luck.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:24 pm 

jumpman8828 wrote:
Let's say B Lloyd is out this week, and Ben Tate gets the start (both of these situations are pretty unclear at the moment). I need to fill my RB2, WR2, and Flex spots with the following players to choose from (with opponents):

RBs:
Tim Hightower (ARI)
DeAngelo Williams (GB)
Ben Tate (@MIA)
Brandon Jacobs (STL)
Marshawn Lynch (@PIT) <--not really considering this, he sucks dick

WRs:
Steve Smith (GB)
Kenny Britt (BAL)
Chad Ochocinco (SD) <--not considering him either, at least not until Tom Brady remembers who he is

I have some thoughts but I'd like to hear outside opinions.

Don't start RBs against Pitt unless they are studs. Pretty unappealing but I'd start Britt and then Hightower and Smith.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:25 pm 

Anyhow dropped Collie (for obvious reasons) but there weren't a lot of pickings so I just ended up taking Early Doucet (wanted Sproles because I think he's got a lot of use in NO but no big deal really). Still not particularly fond of my bench outside the law firm on New England.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:55 pm 

I ended up dropping the Giants and taking the Lions for this week. I believe I'm starting Hightower in my flex this week. Other options are Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Shonn Greene, Brandon Jacobs, and Joseph Addai. This is probably my biggest match of the season so I'm anxious (also my first ever fantasy matchup).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:59 pm 

corrections wrote:
chicken sandwich wrote:
Eric J wrote:

Their run defense is atrocious though and they lost some of their best players. They may be the worst defense in the league and I think Benson can run on them heavily so I'd be careful.

The San Fran special teams touchdowns were exactly what I was referring to. Defenses are such a crap shoot that I really have no idea how to approach them, on Yahoo Atlanta is projected as putting up the most points but theyre playing Phily. I might just go with Houston, Cleveland or Washington.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:41 am 

IamtheLaw382 wrote:
I ended up dropping the Giants and taking the Lions for this week. I believe I'm starting Hightower in my flex this week. Other options are Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Shonn Greene, Brandon Jacobs, and Joseph Addai. This is probably my biggest match of the season so I'm anxious (also my first ever fantasy matchup).

Hightower is definitely your best bet there. I like the Lions as a defense (after all they are the defense I picked).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:42 am 

chicken sandwich wrote:
corrections wrote:
chicken sandwich wrote:
Eric J wrote:

The San Fran special teams touchdowns were exactly what I was referring to. Defenses are such a crap shoot that I really have no idea how to approach them, on Yahoo Atlanta is projected as putting up the most points but theyre playing Phily. I might just go with Houston, Cleveland or Washington.

Eesh I don't like any of those matchups. I'd go with the defense you think has the most special teams upside.

Actually sorry forgot Cleveland was playing Indy this week. In that case I like that matchup (and I think Cleveland has the most special teams upside.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:58 am 

Picked up the Bucs D against the Vikings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1007 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 68  Next