DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Sports
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:55 pm 

tough break, liam. i locked up a playoff spot two weeks ago, and am stumbling my way to the finish line. i hope my team stops sucking come next week

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 pm 

Adrian Peterson being out really fucked me this week. Michael Bush finally had a bad game and Deangello Williams decided to not get the TDs this week (there were no other options). With all that Harvin blew up for me today and Finley, Jennings, Akers, and Manning all had great days. I've still got my defense to go (San Diego) and I've got the second high score in the league. Unfortunately I'm trailing by 3 to our 11-1 team who has Brees and Graham going tonight. Unless San Diego goes absolute beast mode tomorrow and New Orleans gets shut down (both unlikely) I can basically close the book on my season. So unless I get real lucky it will mark the 6th out of my 7 losses in which I went up against the high score of the week. The only one who has been scored on more is the poor 2-10 guy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:56 pm 

damn thats tough luck man. i had the opposite effect where i had the least points scored against me this season. i still like my team heading into the playoffs though. my wr situation isnt too great but reggie bus and chris johnson are gonna be the keys to my playoffs. the ravens having the colts and browns in the playoofs should also help me greatly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:21 pm 

I have Forte on both my teams.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:42 pm 

Well, a terrible week 13 and the loss of Forte puts me in a deep hole. Need a fairly miraculous week 14 to move on in the playoffs. Don't have much choice but to take a big gamble on Saine this week at RB (someone with a higher waiver priority beat me to Marion Barber a few weeks ago). Have a decision to make at WR though, 3 out of these 4 guys:

Brandon Lloyd
Steve Smith
Roddy White
Jeremy Maclin

Maclin is only a factor if he's playing, but if he is I might start him over Lloyd. The Seahawks should be able to cover him pretty well seeing as there's no point defending any of the Ram's other receivers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:56 am 

id go with lloyd, white, and Smith no matter if Maclin is playing or not.

Who should I go with: Knox vs. Den, Crabtree vs. Ari, D-Jax vs. Miami, Manningham vs. Dal (pending whether or not he plays)

I realize this is not the best situation but im definitely going with colston even though he hasn't put up big numbers fantasy-wise he still gets at the least 50 yards a game and if he does connect for a TD that's good points. But i have a bunch of toss ups for that second receiver spot. D-Jax I think is too flaky to start. Knox has been fairly good of late but who knows what'll happen with Denver's D. Manningham's knee is hurt, other wise he'd be getting the nod. Crabtree seems klike my best option because he's the number 1 receiver there but even though hes number 1 his QB is still Alex Smith so hes not gonna get the ball thrown to him a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 am 

Who do I start at RB this week between CJ Spiller, Michael Bush, and Blount? I mainly can't decide between Spiller and Blount, but I'm also nervous that the Raiders will fall behind early against the Pack and Bush won't get many carries.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 pm 

Pick 2? I'd go with Spiller and Bush. Blout is just so damn unpredictable. At least Bush's poor outing last week was against a real run defense, not the fuckin Panthers. Spiller should have no problem tearing up SD and Bush will get in on the passing game even if the Raiders fall behind early. Especially with the Raiders' receivers all banged up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:54 am 

^What I was thinking. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:23 pm 

CJ Spiller is still available in our league. Thinking about dropping Brandon Lloyd, or maybe Antonio Gates for him (I have Jermichael Finley as well). Thoughts? I've also been dragging the useless bodies of Darren McFadden and Andre Johnson through the entire season. Our league is done week 16. Could drop either of them. Spiller is looking like a pretty good play.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:09 pm 

Eric J wrote:

eh, I dunno though. Part of the reason Blount did nothing last week was the Panthers scoring 1000 times. Kinda doubt that will be the case with the Jags.

And I think I'm gonna start Maclin over Lloyd. Lloyd has got Feely's backup (oh lord), Tom Brandstater, throwing to him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:42 pm 

jumpman8828 wrote:
Eric J wrote:

eh, I dunno though. Part of the reason Blount did nothing last week was the Panthers scoring 1000 times. Kinda doubt that will be the case with the Jags.

And I think I'm gonna start Maclin over Lloyd. Lloyd has got Feely's backup (oh lord), Tom Brandstater, throwing to him.

Jaguars have a great defense. Wouldn't start any inconsistent RB against them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:02 pm 

Sigh. Forte last week, DeMarco Murray this week. At least I have Jones on my bench to go next week if Murray is out. Currently up by 14. He's got Nicks and Witten playing now, I have B Lloyd going tomorrow night. All I have to say is, thank you Jaguars D!!

edit: yep, looks like he's done. :sad:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 am 

I lost by .22 points... :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:35 am 

semifinals. my oponent and i are expected to get the same amount of points. hope im making the right decision playing the falcons def over the ravens. ravens have been great for me this year and have dug me out of a lot of holes but the matchup is just so much more favorable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 979 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 66  Next