DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 91  Next
 Post subject: Re: College Football.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:58 am 

Saw that coming. LSU to the big 12, please? I can't believe Alabama landed Saban. Life isn't fair :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:16 am 

SanTropez wrote:
I don't remember the exact point in the game this happened (second half), but LSU ran an option that was executed so poorly I actually laughed out loud.

Well pretty much every option they ran was lol worthy. It was like they'd never practiced it before.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 am 

BCS officials meeting today to discuss format changes.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... at-changes

Four Big Ten teams ranked the final poll. Head-to-head matchups decided the order in the AP poll, while the coaches mysteriously reversed the order.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:22 am 

Coaches poll:

9. Michigan
10. Michigan State

This makes me a sad panda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:10 pm 

this is interesting:

it is alabama's schedule and where each team's offense ranks in country in ypg. i wonder how oklahoma state would have done against them, or any team with a prolific offense.

Arkansas (29) Only legitimate offense on their schedule
Miss St (84)
Penn St (95)
North Tx (96)
Vanderbilt (98)
Auburn (100)
Tennessee (104)
Florida (105)
Miss St (114)
Kent State (115)
Georgia Southern FCS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:53 pm 

Jess wrote:
this is interesting:

it is alabama's schedule and where each team's offense ranks in country in ypg. i wonder how oklahoma state would have done against them, or any team with a prolific offense.

Arkansas (29) Only legitimate offense on their schedule
Miss St (84)
Penn St (95)
North Tx (96)
Vanderbilt (98)
Auburn (100)
Tennessee (104)
Florida (105)
Miss St (114)
Kent State (115)
Georgia Southern FCS

Watching that defense last night (with over a month to prepare) I'm very sure OK St. would have done very little. I'm also sure Trent Richardson would have run all over them. LSU was really a pretty good option team all season and used it well against Bama in the first game. When Bama was prepared? Shit nothing. I think OK St. might score 2 TDs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:17 am 

USC is gonna be so damn good this year. shit sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:16 pm 

i know, i'm disappointed too

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:06 pm 

On the plus side, Pac-12 play should be more exciting this year. I just don't like the idea of the Ducks having to play them two times (once in the season, once for the pac 12 title)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 pm 

batman wrote:
On the plus side, Pac-12 play should be more exciting this year. I just don't like the idea of the Ducks having to play them two times (once in the season, once for the pac 12 title)

Don't worry. A Lane Kiffin team with expectations will choke.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:41 am 

Ha, yeah it is kinda funny how quickly the expectations have piled up on them. First nobody is talking about them, and then all of the sudden everyone is sure they're one of the best teams around. For the record, I include myself in this assessment. I did not think about them at all until they beat the Ducks. Little did I know they beat almost everyone else they played too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:48 am 

Well they helped foster that opinion by getting blown out by ASU early in the season and barely beating Minnesota.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:14 pm 

I just took a closer look at USC's stats:

Started out a little weak. The first 3 or so games, they were pretty mediocre, then things picked up in a hurry. Early loss to ASU, then a triple OT loss to Stanford 2/3 of the way through the season. Then a win against Oregon leading to a season ending beatdown of UCLA 50-0.

Matt Barkley passed for 39 tds with 7 ints, to go with 3500 yards and a rating of 161.

Their leading reciever (with almost 1300 yards and 15 tds) was a sophomore. Their second leading receiver was a freshman (1143 yards and 11 tds).

Their leading rusher was a junior (1005 yards, 6 tds, 6.9 yards/carry). Second leading rusher was a senior and had over 500 yards rushing, so his departure could lead for more carries for the other guy.

The USC offense next year is going to be incredible!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:34 pm 

nick saban is a bigger scumbag than i thought:

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/01/15/nick-saban-tells-star-atlanta-rb-to-wait-until-next-year-to-sign-with-alabama/

basically this kid was alabama's 7th commitment of the 2012 class and committed back in february. he tore his acl in september, and at the time saban said of course he would honor his scholarship offer even though he would be rehabbing his knee for most of the year.

JUST KIDDING says saban the other day. now that signing day approaches and alabama has over-recruited (like always) they find they have 26 commitments and only 25 scholarships to hand out. solution? tell the injured kid who's been committed for almost a year that he can't have a scholarship this year. saban told the kid he was their 26th commitment and that that was one too many, so he would have to wait until next year, like it was totally cool, when the kid was the 7th. i can't believe this isn't against ncaa rules. it's immoral and should be cheating. once you've handed out your scholarships and you have the commitments you shouldn't be able to keep accepting more commitments under the guise of there being available scholarships. because then saban gets to pull this bullshit and basically just keep whoever he wants and pull scholarships from whoever he wants; in this case it's whoever can contribute immediately. no one's scholarship is safe. they're at the mercy of whether or not saban thinks he can get a better potential player to fill a scholly spot at any point in time. all he has to do is accidentally offer and accept too many players and then say "woops here's a bullshit excuse i'm just a fallible person it's so humbling to admit that let's still be friends i'm sorry (not really) you understand right lol."

i remember this kid from westlake high who's heart failed during a game his senior year. he never played another down of football because he could've died. he was already committed to texas. mack brown honored the scholarship even though he knew this kid would never step foot on the field. he didn't keep recruiting just in case some hotshot 5-star said he wanted to play for texas, and then only honor the scholarship when it was clear he didn't have a better use for it. he fucking honored it for four years without a second thought.

fuck nick saban.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 pm 

Most of the SEC does this, but Alabama and Saban are the worst offenders. It's been going on for awhile, just takes stories like this for it to become a hot topic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 91  Next