DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 91  Next
 Post subject: Re: College Football.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 pm 

SanTropez wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:
For contenders will I'll throw Oregon, USC, Michigan, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Georgia out there.

Dream on

This year, Michigan was a reasonably above average team masquerading as an 11 game winning squad.

Their schedule was softer than Scott Mitchell's underbelly and they won the Sugar Bowl with 184 total yards.

They'll be preseason top 10 and if they survive the schedule, they will be in the title game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:39 pm 

lonewolf371 wrote:
SanTropez wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:
For contenders will I'll throw Oregon, USC, Michigan, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Georgia out there.

Dream on

This year, Michigan was a reasonably above average team masquerading as an 11 game winning squad.

Their schedule was softer than Scott Mitchell's underbelly and they won the Sugar Bowl with 184 total yards.

They'll be preseason top 10 and if they survive the schedule, they will be in the title game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're preseason top 5. The polls love UM.

BIG "if" on your second part as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:58 pm 

SanTropez wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:
SanTropez wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:

Dream on

I wouldn't be surprised if they're preseason top 5. The polls love UM.

BIG "if" on your second part as well.

Every title contender has that "if".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:01 pm 

Mizzou is winning the title next year

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:10 pm 

Paulie wrote:
Mizzou is winning the title next year

Returning 11 of 22 starters sets you guys up nicely.

What would you do if that actually happened?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 pm 

I think the Ducks have a decent shot at making the national championship next year. They made a clever move and went back to scheduling easy non-conference games nobody wants to see. The toughest game will definitely be at USC. I also think UW is better than people give them credit for. Other than those two, I like the Ducks chances to go undefeated, even if they lose LaMichael James. Although young, anyone who watched the Rose Bowl saw that De'Anthony Thomas is probs faster than him anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:02 pm 

batman wrote:
I think the Ducks have a decent shot at making the national championship next year. They made a clever move and went back to scheduling easy non-conference games nobody wants to see. The toughest game will definitely be at USC. I also think UW is better than people give them credit for. Other than those two, I like the Ducks chances to go undefeated, even if they lose LaMichael James. Although young, anyone who watched the Rose Bowl saw that De'Anthony Thomas is probs faster than him anyway.

Yeah, De'Anthony Thomas is a crazy motherfucker.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 pm 

there is an nfl scout who grades de'anthony thomas an "a" prospect for the pros. apparently that never happens to freshmen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 am 

lonewolf371 wrote:
SanTropez wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:

Dream on

San Trop is right. Not only will they not survive the schedule but they'll be waiting in line behind the top SEC team and an undefeated Oregon or USC. Probably any undefeated Big 12 team too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:48 am 

kosherrock wrote:
there is an nfl scout who grades de'anthony thomas an "a" prospect for the pros. apparently that never happens to freshmen.

and the best part is that he just decided to come to Oregon with no financial motivation whatsoever!

:ninja:

anyway, this was dope

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:34 am 

corrections wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:
SanTropez wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:

Dream on

San Trop is right. Not only will they not survive the schedule but they'll be waiting in line behind the top SEC team and an undefeated Oregon or USC. Probably any undefeated Big 12 team too.

Not a chance on the Big 12. Michigan will start higher than any Big 12 team. And they can take care of the SEC problem in the first game of the season. Michigan will start highly-ranked and with their schedule, they basically control their destiny in getting to the title game. That's pretty much the definition of a contender.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:37 pm 

Yeah but they aren't Texas or an sec school. That and they're Michigan :tongue:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:29 pm 

Led for your Head wrote:
Yeah but they aren't Texas or an sec school. That and they're Michigan :tongue:

zOMG pwned.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:57 pm 

The buckeyes strike again!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:58 pm 

lonewolf371 wrote:
corrections wrote:
lonewolf371 wrote:
Dream on

Not a chance on the Big 12. Michigan will start higher than any Big 12 team. And they can take care of the SEC problem in the first game of the season. Michigan will start highly-ranked and with their schedule, they basically control their destiny in getting to the title game. That's pretty much the definition of a contender.[/quote]

But they won't go unbeaten and have very little real chance of actually going unbeaten. Their 11 wins this year masked a team that was at best good and at worst above average.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 91  Next