DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 155  Next
 Post subject: Re: NHL.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:50 pm 

thejew wrote:
corrections wrote:
thejew wrote:
Shockingly, the Rangers don't look that bad without Gabby in the lineup. Dub and Callahan seem to be picking up the slack pretty well lol.

I will be at the Stars Pens game on Wednesday. I'll be sitting behind the Pens bench about 8-10 rows back between the center line and the neutral zone faceoff dot.

Awesome! Have fun rections, We have Letang, Malkin, Staal and Michalek out with injuries for that game, so these are the forwards you'll be facing:

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Comrie - Letestu - Kennedy
Cooke - Talbot - Asham
Rupp - Adams - Godard

Should be a cakewalk for the Stars. That forward line-up rivals the 05-06 Blues for the worst lineup I've ever seen.

Fuck I wanted to see Malkin and Staal live. Anyhow my good friend from lawschool will be at the game too (sitting elsewhere) and he's a huge Pens fan so I hope I can fuck with him during the game. And I'm taking a date too so I hope she enjoys it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 pm 

Holy fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 pm 

thejew wrote:
Nesquik wrote:
Sidney Crosby

1 amazing center + 11 grinders =/= good team. Focus your defense on stopping Crosby, and bam, you more than likely have a shutout. He can then pass it to Dupuis who will precede to slapshot it both high and wide, or pass it to Kunitz who will try to drive the puck and goaltender into the net at once, or put it right in the goaltender's chest.

I was refering to Crosby and the fact that the St. Louis Blues team you mentioned didn't have someone like him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:38 am 

Nesquik wrote:
thejew wrote:
Nesquik wrote:
Sidney Crosby

1 amazing center + 11 grinders =/= good team. Focus your defense on stopping Crosby, and bam, you more than likely have a shutout. He can then pass it to Dupuis who will precede to slapshot it both high and wide, or pass it to Kunitz who will try to drive the puck and goaltender into the net at once, or put it right in the goaltender's chest.

I was refering to Crosby and the fact that the St. Louis Blues team you mentioned didn't have someone like him.

That is true. The Blues didn't even have a 20 goal scorer that year if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:04 pm 

Corrections, you will always remember that you got to see Crosby get into a fight... and win :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 pm 

I saw Malkin, Michalek and Letang in that game. You lied.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:25 pm 

thejew wrote:
Corrections, you will always remember that you got to see Crosby get into a fight... and win :lol:

Right after Morrow beat the shit out of Letang. I appreciate Crosby manning up but I hated the fact that all four penguins who fought had visors and didn't ditch their helmets before they started fighting. That was a pussy move. And I loved in the Morrow fight that he held Letang from him, unstrapped his helmet and threw it off, and then beat the shit out of him. I was also impressed with Jamie Benn fighting twice. All around beatdown (and you had Malkin).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:28 pm 

Oh and my date was awesome. She knew the game really well and was enthusiastic and enjoyed being there. Really made the tickets worth it. Now hopefully this continues.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:49 pm 

Congrats on Morrow for fighting the dude with the hand injury.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:05 am 

corrections wrote:
thejew wrote:

Right after Morrow beat the shit out of Letang. I appreciate Crosby manning up but I hated the fact that all four penguins who fought had visors and didn't ditch their helmets before they started fighting. That was a pussy move. And I loved in the Morrow fight that he held Letang from him, unstrapped his helmet and threw it off, and then beat the shit out of him. I was also impressed with Jamie Benn fighting twice. All around beatdown (and you had Malkin).

If anything Morrow is the pussy out of the bunch. This was Letang's first game back from a hand injury, do you expect him to be throwing punches? He didn't even want to fight, Morrow was just trying to get him to injure himself. Cowardly play on Morrow's part, from a guy I actually respect.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:06 am 

Nesquik wrote:
I saw Malkin, Michalek and Letang in that game. You lied.

Malkin and Letang were game-time decisions are weren't expected to play, but they ended up playing. Michalek is recovering from an injury and I thought he'd still be out, guess not. You didn't see Staal on the ice though :wink:

At least I wasn't completely wrong :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:32 pm 

thejew wrote:
corrections wrote:
thejew wrote:

If anything Morrow is the pussy out of the bunch. This was Letang's first game back from a hand injury, do you expect him to be throwing punches? He didn't even want to fight, Morrow was just trying to get him to injure himself. Cowardly play on Morrow's part, from a guy I actually respect.

From what I saw Letang started it (and he had cheap shotted someone earlier in the game). I know it's his first game back but if you cheap shot someone you've got to be prepared to fight.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:45 am 

Malkin needs to go. Two years ago he looked like one of the best players in the NHL (well, he looked like THE best that year). His point production fell off last year down to 77 (was 113 the previous year). He's currently on pace for 57 points. He's lazy on D, turns the puck over entirely too much, has a lazy work ethic and never bothers to work on the things he's bad at, terrible on faceoffs, and dekes entirely too much when he gets the puck. He's played too poorly for someone that's an $8.7 million cap hit. A change of scenery is needed for him. I think arranging a trade with Columbus would suffice. Malkin & Comrie for Filatov, Voracek, a prospect (preferably Maksim Mayorov) and a 1st round pick. Malkin is a franchise player and a 1st line center, the only problem is we already have that in Crosby. He deserves his own team.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:22 pm 

He was on pace for 94 points last year and just because he hasn't been good the first 12 games doesn't mean you should trade away a player with skill level that any franchise is only bound to run into every 20 years or so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:43 pm 

Nesquik wrote:
He was on pace for 94 points last year and just because he hasn't been good the first 12 games doesn't mean you should trade away a player with skill level that any franchise is only bound to run into every 20 years or so.

Oh please, everyone uses the "he got hurt" excuse. If he was so injured then why did he play in some meaningless tournament in Russia during the offseason? And instead of bettering himself like Crosby did (referring to how he worked on his faceoffs and shooting during the offseason), Malkin has been regressive the last season and into this season, and has shown little no work ethic at all. He hasn't worked during the offseason to improve his defensive play, or his passing which has looked dreadful as of late, or his faceoffs. He's got all the talent in the world but he's lazy and refuses to better himself. Meanwhile he's taking up the 2nd largest cap hit in the NHL, and because of that we have 3rd and 4th line grinders playing wing on our first and 2nd lines. There isn't room for him in Pittsburgh anymore, and we need to move on. And frankly his attitude on the ice shows that he doesn't want to be here anymore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 155  Next