It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 156  Next
 Post subject: Re: NHL.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:05 am 

Went to the Flames/Blues game tonight. Being a Canucks fan living in Calgary is awesome, had an enjoyable evening.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 am 

Paulie wrote:
Before the lockout I was in love with the Blues and really hated the fucking Stars. They were so stacked. Can't forget about Lehtinen and Langenbrunner, and Sydor and Zubov in the back. I

Definitely can't forget about Zubov. I'd argue he's one of the five best defensemen from the nineties (everyone remembers his offensive contributions but people always forget just how good he was on the backline). I trust you remember the Modano OT goal in 1999 to send you guys home. That was a pretty damn good blues team. Just had the misfortune of playing in the same conference with the Stars, Wings, and Avalanche.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:08 pm 

not as surprised as everyone else that rick nash is still in columbus...not a problem at all with his justification for asking for the trade:

I was informed by management that there was a rebuild, a reshape, of the team, and I personally felt I could be a huge part of that, toward bringing assets in. I think that was in my view that was the best thing for the team, the organization, and personally for my career.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:27 pm 

As the only CBJ fan here (that includes in Columbus), I have no problem trading Slick Rick. Of course, I'd love to see him stay and win here, but that isn't really fair to him. If we manage to trade him before the draft and pick up another 1st round pick, that could give us three chances to fuck up our draft choices.

Can't wait for the All Star game! ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 am 

can we get a 100 greatest list for nhl players?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 pm 

1. Tiger Williams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:13 pm 

:thumb: :lol:

wendel clark v. tiger williams....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:03 am 

the blues just cashed in their best game of the year. totally dominated san jose. shot well all night, worked the puck up quite a bit, barely let san jose have the puck, controlled play on the boards, hit hard all night, penalty kill was so good you'd swear there were five on the ice, etc etc etc. very happy with tonight's game. and san jose didn't handle it well at all. fuck those cunts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:51 am 

kosherrock wrote:
the blues just cashed in their best game of the year. totally dominated san jose. shot well all night, worked the puck up quite a bit, barely let san jose have the puck, controlled play on the boards, hit hard all night, penalty kill was so good you'd swear there were five on the ice, etc etc etc. very happy with tonight's game. and san jose didn't handle it well at all. fuck those cunts.

Indeed San Jose are a bunch of cunts. And fortunately those cunts are fading fast. They've lost basically all of their margin error against Dallas.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:35 pm 

once the 3rd was halfway over, it got real nasty. clowe was the biggest asswipe on the ice followed by murray with his crushed adams apple and thornton of all people. perron was given a bullshit slashing penalty after taking a stick to the face, boarded and taking cheap half cross checks to the square of his back during one fucking shift (the same shift he was called for slashing). game was called horribly. clowe came up to jackman, after someone else was trying to slam his face into the ice, swipes his helmet off from the back, drops his gloves and no call. bunch of goons...couldn't skate and couldn't intimidate despite the cheap shots. as i said, didn't really matter. the way the blues were playing the refs couldn't have done enough for san jose.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 am 

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... AQ&dur=487

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm 

blues continue to play awesome hockey. so glad mcdonald is back. not a big guy but god damn can he carry the puck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:02 pm 

Stars continue their exceptional play as well. After a tightly checked first period they took Vancouver behind the woodshed. It is not lost on me that Dallas didn't have a clue how to beat Vancouver last year with basically the same roster. Gutzlan has been a massive upgrade of Crawford coaching and I think the team is finally starting to really get his defensive system. Still too many shots given up but a lot of the shots given up are relatively harmless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:35 pm 

i've been meaning to check out more of dallas...i've been meaning to check out more of the pacific tbh. the league may be able to dump phoenix after this year and apparently the kings are starting to get their act together. from everything i've heard that's the squad your stars should be looking out for...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 pm 

kosherrock wrote:
i've been meaning to check out more of dallas...i've been meaning to check out more of the pacific tbh. the league may be able to dump phoenix after this year and apparently the kings are starting to get their act together. from everything i've heard that's the squad your stars should be looking out for...

Perhaps given the San Jose fallback. Dallas does struggle to win in LA but the Kings don't scare me all that much even having gotten Carter. They still really struggle to score.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 156  Next