It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 348  Next
 Post subject: Re: NFL.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:20 pm 

corrections wrote:
vankush wrote:
I can't imagine a worse feeling as an NFL head coach then turning to your bench and telling Trent Edwards to start warming up.

I can. Turning to your bench and telling Todd Collins to come in. Of course the absolute worse would be turning to your bench and telling Curtis Painter to come in.

:lol:

At least Painter, Moore, and Clausen haven't proven that they can't become good quarterbacks. Neither Edwards or Collins are ever going to play better than they have before.

Edit: Granted, Peyton's loss is much more traumatic to his team than Garrard.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:35 pm 

so the pats beat the ravens in a good old fashioned football game. time for me start giving them superbowl aspirations. dint think it would be possible this year but they could do it. Jets are tough though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:17 pm 

vankush wrote:
corrections wrote:
vankush wrote:
I can't imagine a worse feeling as an NFL head coach then turning to your bench and telling Trent Edwards to start warming up.

I can. Turning to your bench and telling Todd Collins to come in. Of course the absolute worse would be turning to your bench and telling Curtis Painter to come in.

:lol:

At least Painter, Moore, and Clausen haven't proven that they can't become good quarterbacks. Neither Edwards or Collins are ever going to play better than they have before.

Edit: Granted, Peyton's loss is much more traumatic to his team than Garrard.

Yeah with Peyton it's more Peyton going down and the massive drop off that is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:16 pm 

Kenny Britt >>>>>>>>>> Eagles

Even better, the majority of those catches were poor throws by KFC. I don't think I've ever seen a 200+ yds and 3 td on only 7 catches, much less by a guy who sat out the majority of the first half.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:55 pm 

Steelers!! :parrot:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:22 pm 

By the way, I think I put together the worst fantasy week of all time

Drew Brees - played his worst game of the year
Mendenhall - played his worst game of the year
Ryan Matthews - played his worst game of the year
Deion Branch - played his worst game of the year
Eddie Royal - played his worst game of the year
Dexter McCluster - my MVP, only played his 3rd worst game of the year
Tony Gonzalez - played his second worst game of the year
James Anderson - played his second worst game of the year

It's actually quite remarkable. I still have the Packers D/ST, Mason Crosby, and Vikings HC to play. I'm at 49 points right now, and I just want to break 50.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:26 pm 

So, how 'bout them Broncos?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:58 pm 

I guess Oakland remembered to eat their Wheaties this morning.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:35 pm 

thejew wrote:
I guess Oakland remembered to eat their Wheaties this morning.

And the Broncos looked like they got food poisoning. What a butt kicking.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:36 am 

After the GB/Minn game last night I don't think you could have guessed who won the game because all they did was surround Brett Favre with cameras watching him walk around the field.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 pm 

First post here. I read some mixed opinions here on Favre back in the old forum and after the game last night, their was someone on another forum that criticized Packer fans for booing Favre during last nights game. This excellent post here is from a Packer fan in response:

There are so many reasons to justify the boos, I'll go over a short list of them off the top of my head:

1) His retirement fiasco every year hurts his team. The Packers were sick of it and when he did retire, they moved on. Even when he wanted to return, they said they'd hold an open competition. He cried.

2) He is not the great person a lot of people thought he was back when he donned the green and gold. We (as Packers fans) learned a lot about his character as we endlessly discussed him and read articles written of him through this mess. Because he kept appearing in the media, he became more than just a football player. He allowed us into his life. Unfortunately, we founds things that were far off what his image portrays him as. He's cheated on his wife and these off field things show he's not a "stand up guy".

3) Ted's okay with trading him. In doing so, he doesn't allow Brett to choose his location because his preferred destination allows him to play us twice. Ted and Mike both knew Favre could still play, but figured Aaron could play at an equal level. Correct assumption. Rather than accept the fact he signed a contract and made the move to retire, he cries.

4) He offered to help Detroit the week before they played us. Says a lot about what he thought of Green Bay and what he wanted to happen to that organization. So why should we like him?

5) The man is as selfish as any in the league. Players may not always be judged on their character, but when you put on a show every offseason, you're essentially welcoming people into your personal life. I'm sure the decision is hard for him every year, but why is it only he that does this? I haven't seen this out of anyone else, have you?

6) He asks for his release from NY because he no longer plans on playing. What does it turn out to be? A scheme to go join the Vikings. People don't talk about this enough, but this was one of the most classless moves he has ever shown. He wants out of NY, so he gets it by faking this retirement garbage again, but ALSO asking them if they can release him so he can retire a FA. Soon after, he joins the Vikings. Had he stayed in NY, where they have said they would have welcomed him back, the reception whenever he next came to Lambeau would have been much milder--probably cheer heavy. Fans inside NY would have likely cheered him.

7) This is a man who unlike many veteran players, offered NO help to Aaron Rodgers. That's fine and all from a personal standpoint, but certainly not as a teammate. Ties back into him being incredibly selfish.

8) And if that doesn't tell you enough, Favre wasn't even man enough to return a PHONE CALL from Aaron Rodgers (last season or the one before, I forget). Rodgers said he didn't expect him to. Well that speaks volumes as well.

So after all this, why is it that he didn't deserve to be booed in a Vikings uniform? If he returns to Lambeau retired or as a free agent AND THEN if he's booed, I could possibly see some of the angles here. For now though, he deserves every ounce of punishment he's getting from Packers fans because in recent years, he's shown no respect to our organization and quite frankly, he has proven that much of his image while in GB was fraudulent as well.

I'll respect the man for his play in GB, but I'm not treating him as if he's above everyone else. He lost a lot of respect from me because of what I've heard and seen from him as a person. That compounded on the idolizing when he was in GB and is doing so with the hate right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:42 pm 

nathan wrote:
So glad the Panthers had a bye this week. It will be the only week they don't lose all year.

Until yesterday. Did you forget they were playing the Niners this week?

Signed...
A Niners fan :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:54 pm 

Has anyone noticed there aren't any good teams in the NFL anymore? save maybe the jets and steelers, all the other teams suck balls.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:25 pm 

On the bright side the NFC West is looking strong as ever.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:19 pm 

That Vikings/Packers game was painful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 348  Next