DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 231  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 20797
pave wrote:
are the Mavs still on vacation from the 2011 finals? lol first they let Chandler walk, Dirk shows up out of shape (although i don't blame him at all, he earned the right to make one mistake), they get Vince Carter of all people, they seemed to not even care about Odom tanking, they barely even tried to impress Deron Williams and now they let Jason Terry walk too. talk about a bad year.

corrections, how you feeling? lol


Well I was on vacation the whole time. I'm feeling better now because Deron Williams got suckered by Brooklyn when there was no chance they could ever get Howard. Collison trade was a good trade and they got some decent pieces but still disappointing. Had they never let Chandler walk they'd definitely be in better shape.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:54 pm 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 20797
pave wrote:
people are actually saying Nash isn't worth 3 years around 36 mil... maybe he would be overpaid in the third year, but that's a bargain right now. 12 mil a year for the 5th best PG in the league?

meanwhile its perfectly reasonable to give Jeremy Lin 4 years 40 million lol. are you kidding me? he's gonna come back to earth hard next year.


Only problem is Nash in LA might not be as much use if Brown calls out the plays and especially if Kobe still insists on having the ball in his hands a lot of the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 20797
Paulie wrote:
seriously made my day when my friend told me. Nash-Gasol has been a dream of mine for a long time. and omfg outside shooting on the Lakers?!? what a novel thought. couldn't be happier.


Until you get to crunch time when it will be Kobe holding the ball while the other players stand around. It certainly makes you better than the flotsam you've run out recently but you're still extremely vulnerable to the fast point guards.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:56 pm 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 20797
Paulie wrote:
pave wrote:
i'm still hoping for a Howard for Bynum trade. because a Nash/Kobe/Pau/Howard grouping would be insane. 4 of the top 15 players in the league on the same team lol.


I wasn't very hopeful cuz I thought he'd end up with the Nets, but apparently there are "talks" that the Rockets would be open to facilitate a Bynum-Howard trade, which is seemingly the only way a trade for Howard would get done. plzzzz plz even though Dwight is annoying. What a crazy combination and contrast of personalities that would be.


He was never ever going to end up with the Nets. Their package for him sucked and he has no ability to sign there after he leaves so he can't force Orlando's hands.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:35 pm
Posts: 2329
corrections wrote:
pave wrote:
people are actually saying Nash isn't worth 3 years around 36 mil... maybe he would be overpaid in the third year, but that's a bargain right now. 12 mil a year for the 5th best PG in the league?

meanwhile its perfectly reasonable to give Jeremy Lin 4 years 40 million lol. are you kidding me? he's gonna come back to earth hard next year.


Only problem is Nash in LA might not be as much use if Brown calls out the plays and especially if Kobe still insists on having the ball in his hands a lot of the time.


I think kobe has been wanting some legit help for a whole now. Nash is a proven guy that Kobe will trust I trust


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 4882
corrections wrote:
pave wrote:
people are actually saying Nash isn't worth 3 years around 36 mil... maybe he would be overpaid in the third year, but that's a bargain right now. 12 mil a year for the 5th best PG in the league?

meanwhile its perfectly reasonable to give Jeremy Lin 4 years 40 million lol. are you kidding me? he's gonna come back to earth hard next year.


Only problem is Nash in LA might not be as much use if Brown calls out the plays and especially if Kobe still insists on having the ball in his hands a lot of the time.

yeah hopefully kobe's needs will limit nash's effectiveness at getting others involved, i hope i hope


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 4882
corrections wrote:
Paulie wrote:
seriously made my day when my friend told me. Nash-Gasol has been a dream of mine for a long time. and omfg outside shooting on the Lakers?!? what a novel thought. couldn't be happier.


Until you get to crunch time when it will be Kobe holding the ball while the other players stand around. It certainly makes you better than the flotsam you've run out recently but you're still extremely vulnerable to the fast point guards.

like tony parker, go spurs. if the lakers don't get dwight then i think it's still 1) okc 2) sa 3) la


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:42 pm
Posts: 2947
Location: RACK EM
I don't think Kobe will have a problem sharing the ball with somebody he knows is a highly competent creator/great shooter. Sorry but uh I don't see Kobe lobbying hard for the Lakers to trade for Nash if he planned on drastically limiting Nash's potential positive impact by sitting on the ball. Don't get me wrong, I know it's Kobe, and he's been the same for 16 seasons, but the situation is without precedent; 38-year-old Steve Nash will easily be the best backcourt partner Kobe's ever had. I believe at this point, Bryant just wants rings, and is more willing than ever to make the concessions necessary to attain them. Whatever, even if he isn't and everything is turrible, I'm still drooling over the idea of a Nash-Gasol PnR.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:22 pm
Posts: 4882
i think you're probably right


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:26 am 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 20797
Paulie wrote:
I don't think Kobe will have a problem sharing the ball with somebody he knows is a highly competent creator/great shooter. Sorry but uh I don't see Kobe lobbying hard for the Lakers to trade for Nash if he planned on drastically limiting Nash's potential positive impact by sitting on the ball. Don't get me wrong, I know it's Kobe, and he's been the same for 16 seasons, but the situation is without precedent; 38-year-old Steve Nash will easily be the best backcourt partner Kobe's ever had. I believe at this point, Bryant just wants rings, and is more willing than ever to make the concessions necessary to attain them. Whatever, even if he isn't and everything is turrible, I'm still drooling over the idea of a Nash-Gasol PnR.


I just mean Nash without the ball in his hands most of the time is limited in what he can do for your team. He still brings the shooting but using him as a spot up option is a waste of his talents. I think it very hard for Kobe to unlearn the ball dominating habits of a lifetime. Some interesting lineups when they don't share the court though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:37 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:51 pm
Posts: 8061
Location: the undiscovered country
Kobe has been begging for a legit PG for pretty much the entirety of the second half of his career, including in the past Jason Kidd, Chris Paul and now Nash. i've heard Kobe talk about getting Nash, and he genuinely seemed like he was relieved to now be a finisher rather than a creator. he mentioned getting easier shots several times. i really think he's got his eye now on preserving his body and getting easier baskets.

plus i think he's consumed enough with getting a sixth ring to tie Jordan that he'll do pretty much anything.

my bigger worry is Mike Brown, because i've literally never seen a Mike Brown team with a competent offense. but that got masked because LeBron would bail him out. and i just don't know if a coach would be willing to say "here, its your team, do what you want" to a player. i've only seen it done once in any sport, and that was with Peyton in Indy. i don't see Mike Brown giving over the offense to Nash like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 pm 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 20797
pave wrote:
Kobe has been begging for a legit PG for pretty much the entirety of the second half of his career, including in the past Jason Kidd, Chris Paul and now Nash. i've heard Kobe talk about getting Nash, and he genuinely seemed like he was relieved to now be a finisher rather than a creator. he mentioned getting easier shots several times. i really think he's got his eye now on preserving his body and getting easier baskets.

plus i think he's consumed enough with getting a sixth ring to tie Jordan that he'll do pretty much anything.

my bigger worry is Mike Brown, because i've literally never seen a Mike Brown team with a competent offense. but that got masked because LeBron would bail him out. and i just don't know if a coach would be willing to say "here, its your team, do what you want" to a player. i've only seen it done once in any sport, and that was with Peyton in Indy. i don't see Mike Brown giving over the offense to Nash like that.


I look forward to Nash bailing out some really uncreative pick and rolls with a bunch of other guys standing around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:42 pm
Posts: 2947
Location: RACK EM
Glad Jordan Hill is coming back, and I like the Jamison signing a lot. Instantly the best bench player, but that speaks more to how shitty the Lakers bench has been.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:47 am 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 20797
Paulie wrote:
Glad Jordan Hill is coming back, and I like the Jamison signing a lot. Instantly the best bench player, but that speaks more to how shitty the Lakers bench has been.


I hate the Jamison signing for you. He can still put up points on occasion but he's always been a bad defender and now might be the worst defensive player in the league. He's also is not particularly efficient anymore and needs high volume to put up his points. Jordan Hill works though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 4515
the timberwolves are now officially my new favorite team... if they were awesome to watch last year with love and rubio, they'll be twice more so this year with andrei3000.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 231  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:

DigitalDreamDoor.com   

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

DigitalDreamDoor Forum is one part of a music and movie list website whose owner has given its visitors
the privilege to discuss music and movies, and has no control and cannot in any way be held liable over
how, or by whom this board is used. If you read or see anything inappropriate that has been posted,
contact webmaster@digitaldreamdoor.com. Comments in the forum are reviewed before list updates.
Topics include rock music, metal, rap, hip-hop, blues, jazz, songs, albums, guitar, drums, musicians...


DDD Home Page | DDD Music Lists Page | DDD Movie Lists Page