DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3988 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 266  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 am 

So unbelievably excited that two Vanderbilt players were drafted by two of the most inept franchises around!

Oh well, at least there's Atlanta.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:13 am 

pnoom wrote:
So unbelievably excited that two Vanderbilt players were drafted by two of the most inept franchises around!

Oh well, at least there's Atlanta.

Three drafted though so cool. Hopefully they can be traded out of there. Golden St. does do a good job identifying talent in the draft. They're just terrible at the other shit. Cho should eventually get Charlotte in shape if Jordan let's him run the basketball operations.

Now the only problem is Vandy won't be very good this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:43 am 

I am excited at the prospect of Taylor and Ezeli potentially starting right away. Though Charlotte also got MKG, so maybe not...

Either way, Kemba, MKG, and Taylor will make me desperately want to root for Charlotte. I do have a soft spot for them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:20 am 

looking back through the last few drafts, decided to make a Power Rankings based only on players taken in the last 5 drafts (taking into account only what team they are currently on, not where they were picked):

1. Oklahoma City Thunder: Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Serge Ibaka, Eric Maynor, Perry Jones III... this should be obvious, even with Durant being from the draft before my cutoff. three of the top 15 players from the last 5 drafts are here, along with a sleeper in Perry Jones and a solid player in Maynor.

2. Minnesota T-Wolves: Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Derrick Williams, Micheal Beasley, Nikola Pekovic, Chase Budinger, Wesley Johnson, Anthony Randolph... even with all the bad picks, they'd have 2nd place on quantity alone. 2 studs (Love/Rubio), 2 trade pieces (Williams/Beasley), and a solid starter and role player (Pekovic/Budinger). not bad.

3. New Orleans Hornets: Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon, Austin Rivers, Xavier Henry, Al-Farouq Aminu, Greivis Vasquez... having the number 1 pick and stealing a great choice at number 10 this year catapulted them up to 3. everyone keeps talking about Davis as if he's Garnett and Duncan combined (really? lol). even if he's half that, he'll be a top 10 NBA player.

4. Chicago Bulls: Derrick Rose, Omer Asik, Taj Gibson, Marquis Teague... Asik and Gibson are great defenders and Teague that late could be a steal, but this is all about having Derrick Rose.

5. Los Angeles Clippers: Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe... again, this is about one man. "you might say this defies the laws of gravity, but ya know, Blake never studied law."

6. Indiana Pacers: Roy Hibbert, Paul George, George Hill, Tyler Hansbrough, Darren Collison... it doesn't seem like they have as much talent as the couple teams below, but this was basically the entire rotation of a 2nd round playoff team (with Granger and West added, but Granger was a shell). idk how they did it, but they did. <3 Paul George.

7. Sacramento Kings: DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, Thomas Robinson, Jimmer Fredette, Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Thornton, Terrence Williams... the deepest group on this list, except only one of them is a true blue chip guy (and he's crazy). i still think he's gonna be the 2nd best center in the league next season.

8. Cleveland Cavs: Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Omri Casspi, Dion Waiters... does having Kyrie Irving make up for wasting two straight number 4 picks?

9. Denver Nuggets: Kenneth Faried, Ty Lawson, JaVale McGee, Danilo Galinari... tell me i'm overrating them, but Faried and Lawson are for real.

10. Washington Wizards: John Wall, Bradley Beal, Jan Vesely... depends on if Wall takes a big step forward and Beal is as good as people say.

honorable mentions: Celtics (Bradley and maybe Sullinger if his game translates?), Warriors (Curry, Thompson and Barnes), Jazz (Kanter, Burks, Favors, Hayward), Pistons (Knight, Monroe, Drummond, Daye).

sad day for the Bobcats (despite getting Gilchrist). tough to not only have the worst team in the league but also not even be in the top half of the league in young talent lol. i like the Walker/Gilchrist combo though. maybe i underrate their current young core: Henderson, Gilchrist, Walker, Augustin, Mullens, lol. no, they suck. even though i like all those players individually as like end of the rotation players on good teams.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:50 am 

Damian Lillard bout 2 go HAM.

and with that comment out of the way, I retire from talking about the NBA for the summer. I don't feel like continuing to pretend I watched more than two college basketball games this year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:13 pm 

yeah i'm done talking about draft prospects that i've only seen on youtube lol

as for free agency, i hate how the media overrates age while ignoring production. i understand after about 33 that age is going to be a factor every year. but i keep hearing people talk about "Miami can get some great role players like Ray Allen or Steve Nash." bitch, role players? Steve Nash, right now, is more valuable than Bosh is. he's a top 20 player in the league, and by my count the 5th best player at his position (1. CP3, 2. a healthy Rose, 3. D-Will, 4. Westbrook, 5. Nash, 6. Rondo). after years of leading the league in eFG%, the Suns dropped to top 5 after Amare left, and were 9th last year. think about that, this team got gutted of every talented player they had, rolled out there with a lineup of Gortat, Hill, Frye, Dudley and Shannon Brown and had a TOP 10 OFFENSE. Steve Nash is incredible for anyone who actually pays attention. he just needs some talent around him.

another example is Kevin Garnett. some people are actually surprised he's earning over 10 million the next few seasons. are you kidding me? this is another top 20 player whose individual stats have gone down so people ignore his value. he's the defensive anchor and vocal leader of that team (i would go so far as to say he's the third most valuable defensive player in the league behind Howard and Chandler) and still the best individual defensive player at his position. if he actually left Boston, Rondo and Pierce would have to fight for an 8th seed. i'm serious. everybody underrates the impact Garnett has on this team. they really need a true center beside him though.

i just hate seeing two top 20 players get underrated because they are getting older. "old" is a relative term in the NBA. what was "old" 10 years ago is now not. that 34-39 window is now not seeing as steep a drop off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:44 pm 

Although Ray Allen would be a role player on Miami (not that there's anything wrong with that).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:15 pm 

pave wrote:
yeah i'm done talking about draft prospects that i've only seen on youtube lol

as for free agency, i hate how the media overrates age while ignoring production. i understand after about 33 that age is going to be a factor every year. but i keep hearing people talk about "Miami can get some great role players like Ray Allen or Steve Nash." bitch, role players? Steve Nash, right now, is more valuable than Bosh is. he's a top 20 player in the league, and by my count the 5th best player at his position (1. CP3, 2. a healthy Rose, 3. D-Will, 4. Westbrook, 5. Nash, 6. Rondo). after years of leading the league in eFG%, the Suns dropped to top 5 after Amare left, and were 9th last year. think about that, this team got gutted of every talented player they had, rolled out there with a lineup of Gortat, Hill, Frye, Dudley and Shannon Brown and had a TOP 10 OFFENSE. Steve Nash is incredible for anyone who actually pays attention. he just needs some talent around him.

another example is Kevin Garnett. some people are actually surprised he's earning over 10 million the next few seasons. are you kidding me? this is another top 20 player whose individual stats have gone down so people ignore his value. he's the defensive anchor and vocal leader of that team (i would go so far as to say he's the third most valuable defensive player in the league behind Howard and Chandler) and still the best individual defensive player at his position. if he actually left Boston, Rondo and Pierce would have to fight for an 8th seed. i'm serious. everybody underrates the impact Garnett has on this team. they really need a true center beside him though.

i just hate seeing two top 20 players get underrated because they are getting older. "old" is a relative term in the NBA. what was "old" 10 years ago is now not. that 34-39 window is now not seeing as steep a drop off.

Yeah Garnett I understand why because people still find defense hard to observe but I don't get Nash. He'll be a fine consolation price if the Mavs don't get D Will.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:12 am 

i wish the spurs needed a point guard because nash would fit right in, and then he would get his ring.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:30 pm 

are the Mavs still on vacation from the 2011 finals? lol first they let Chandler walk, Dirk shows up out of shape (although i don't blame him at all, he earned the right to make one mistake), they get Vince Carter of all people, they seemed to not even care about Odom tanking, they barely even tried to impress Deron Williams and now they let Jason Terry walk too. talk about a bad year.

corrections, how you feeling? lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 pm 

Rondo-Bradley-Terry is some badass backcourt depth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:24 pm 

people are actually saying Nash isn't worth 3 years around 36 mil... maybe he would be overpaid in the third year, but that's a bargain right now. 12 mil a year for the 5th best PG in the league?

meanwhile its perfectly reasonable to give Jeremy Lin 4 years 40 million lol. are you kidding me? he's gonna come back to earth hard next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 pm 

congrats Paulie!

Nash/Kobe/Pau/Bynum vs Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Ibaka next season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:58 pm 

damn, now how can i root for nash and against the lakers? i can't! nooooooo.

steve has not only been the best but the most unselfish player I ever played with. I only wish him the best. He deserves everything. Steve Nash has made many players millions. Only fitting to trade to a team that has a chance to win the ship and pay what he deserves. -- jared dudley

spurs, thunder....lakers....my new favorites?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:45 am 

seriously made my day when my friend told me. Nash-Gasol has been a dream of mine for a long time. and omfg outside shooting on the Lakers?!? what a novel thought. couldn't be happier.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3988 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 266  Next