DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 261  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA.
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:29 am 

what a game, very exciting to watch Durant and Westbrook take over like that

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:41 pm 

Paulie wrote:
being a laker fan rules this postseason

Almost as much as being a Lakers fan last year amiright? :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:16 am 

oh man that was a nail biter. i didn't want their win streak to end at the hands of the clippers. i'm surprised they won. they looked really sloppy and just outplayed for a while.

the clippers may have only committed one turnover in the second half, but they were really lucky it wasn't a lot. i counted at least 5 times in the fourth quarter alone when chris paul lost control of the ball in traffic and sent it bouncing into space, and a clipper just happened to be there every time until his turnover in the final minute. that was a ridiculous string of lucky bounces. and not to mention is and-1 off the top of the backboard. man that was frustrating.

but hey, come on over to texas okc. it'll be a great series.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm 

is lebron's game last night one of the best playoff performances ever?* 40-18-9 and close to 60% from the field. it's an arbitrary cutoff for sure, so there may be a lot of games that are similar like 35-20-11 and what not, but as for those cutoffs, it hasn't been done since elgin baylor in 1961 when there was less defense, faster pace, smaller players, and i don't think it was a playoff game. down 2-1 and without bosh lebron had probably his greatest best playoff game (not saying a lot at this point. but the 25 straight points against the pistons in 2007 (i think) was ridiculous too). he got wade back into a rhythm with a ton of setups, and didn't get very much help from anyone else. thoughts?

*not greatest or most momentous. there are plenty in the finals that are way greater. but all around brilliant and pretty great considering the circumstances, the stat line, and i forgot it was also a road game.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:08 pm 

LeBron is a stat stuffer.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:50 pm 

Slifer the Red Dragon wrote:

Meaning what exactly? He was the only thing who kept them alive through the first half.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:33 pm 

isn't that a.....good thing? that lebron, always getting rebounds and scoring points. what a phony.

it's not like he piles it during routs in the fourth quarter. the guy hardly played in fourth quarters because the heat blew out so many teams during the season. he played fewer minutes than his career average but with his highest efficiency ever. i don't see how he's more of a stat stuffer than any other star in the league. he's less of one than most.

and he is the reason the heat won yesterday. if he deferred on offense more, or said "here udonis, you take this rebound, i've had too many tonight," they would be worse team.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:09 pm 

Jess wrote:

isn't that a.....good thing? that lebron, always getting rebounds and scoring points. what a phony.

it's not like he piles it during routs in the fourth quarter. the guy hardly played in fourth quarters because the heat blew out so many teams during the season. he played fewer minutes than his career average but with his highest efficiency ever. i don't see how he's more of a stat stuffer than any other star in the league. he's less of one than most.

and he is the reason the heat won yesterday. if he deferred on offense more, or said "here udonis, you take this rebound, i've had too many tonight," they would be worse team.

Yeah he's pretty good.

What a bitch. I hope Granger mushroom stamps him on his way to the rim in Game 5.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:31 pm 

i HATE to admit this, but Russell Westbrook has pretty much been the MVP of the playoffs. looks like i was just plain wrong. he's going to feast on Tony Parker the same way. that's gonna be a good series.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:01 am 

pave wrote:
i HATE to admit this, but Russell Westbrook has pretty much been the MVP of the playoffs. looks like i was just plain wrong. he's going to feast on Tony Parker the same way. that's gonna be a good series.

Tony Parker is going to be a bit of a struggle for him I think (remember Parker scored 42 on him earlier this year). Westbrook struggles the most with guards who can match him for speed and shoot. Going to be quite a series though. I'd still say Spurs in 6. OKC is the second best team in the NBA right now but the Spurs look too damn good.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:14 am 

i can't decide if i'm more excited about spurs/thunder or the battle of blackwater. so fucking pumped for sunday night and that awesome parallel.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:29 am 

Let' go Spurs v. Pacers

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am 

Westbrook is amazing!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 pm 

this is just the best

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 pm 

any prediction for game 7 celtics-sixers? I'll say celtics because the extra day rest may mean more for them than the sixers. But as a celtics fan, i'd be nervous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 261  Next