DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martial Arts.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 pm 

Disappointed but not surprised in a way. It's just too difficult to be that muscular at 6'5 without juice, he looks like a pro bodybuilder basically. On a lighter note hopefully they give the title shot to mark hunt, how friggin awesome would that be. Though i'd imagine mir will get the next shot i think hunt has a better chance against jds.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:25 pm 

Jones/Evans primetime ep 1. can't wait for the fight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:03 am 

looks like fedor's next victim will be rolles gracie.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 am 

eugh what a waste of time, the only guy outside of bellator and the ufc that would be a decent fight for fedor would be todd duffee at this point. he really needs to ditch m1 and get over to a decent organization instead of crushing cans for the remainder of his career.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:09 pm 

i think at this point duffee qualifies as a can, too.

why wouldn't he sign with bellator? are they totally against copromoting, too? not that their heavyweight roster particularly inspires respect...

and the chances of fedor ditching m1 are about as good as pope benedict ditching the catholic church.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 pm 

duffee is a good fighter in my opinion, he was killing russow until you know.. and losing to overroid is nothing to be ashamed of. he's got good boxing and great takedown defence, he is just cursed with a glass jaw.

fedor could sign with bellator, i dont know bellator is still a small show compared what fedor can do in russia under m1. yeah i doubt fedor will get rid of them but i (and everyone else) wish he would..

edit: really looking forward to the ufc card tomorrow too, its been too long. not many big names but lots of great stylistic matchups and its free.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:26 pm 

BlueTrain wrote:
duffee is a good fighter in my opinion, he was killing russow until you know.. and losing to overroid is nothing to be ashamed of. he's got good boxing and great takedown defence, he is just cursed with a glass jaw.

fedor could sign with bellator, i dont know bellator is still a small show compared what fedor can do in russia under m1. yeah i doubt fedor will get rid of them but i (and everyone else) wish he would..

edit: really looking forward to the ufc card tomorrow too, its been too long. not many big names but lots of great stylistic matchups and its free.

heard it so many times but it never fails to make me laugh :lol: I've liked what I've heard from Cigano regarding the whole situation. Class act.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:21 am 

http://espn.go.com/extra/mma/preview/_/ ... 61/match/1

my god... jon's career takedown defense is 100%... :eek:

though, if rashad implements his gameplan well, that might well change tomorrow...

ps: fedor's june opponent is finally confirmed to be pedro rizzo, a chump who hasn't fought in two years and is 8-8 in his last 16 fights... yay...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:07 pm 

Hardly surprising that stat, it was shocking at the time when he controlled a wrestler of ryan bader's caliber on the ground the way he did. I'd be surprised if rashad got him down and kept him there for any length of time but i wouldn't be surprised at all if jones took rashad down.

I don't like to rag on pedro rizzo he was once a great fighter but fedor fighting him is a near waste of time, the only purpose it serves is a knockout win for fedor in front of his hometown crowd.

Btw Shinya aoki is fighting eddie alvarez on the upcoming bellator card, should be a great fight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:36 pm 

yes... i wasn't necessarily ragging on rizzo himself but on m-1's choice... i'd have been more interested to see fedor against someone more relevant like rolles gracie or bobby lashley... or even duffy...

btw, do you know what's happening with kharitonov? ufc doesn't seem interested in signing him (for some reason)... i think along with fedor, he's the best heavyweight outside of ufc... (barnett and cormier excluded because they should be in the ufc by the end of the year)

agreed on alvarez/aoki... should be awesome... though i think i'd be shocked if eddie loses again.

btw, another amazing fight on tomorrow's ufc card should be rory mcdonald vs che mills... both guys are absolute studs... (though rory seems to be more well-rounded)

edit: i see now...
http://www.rt.com/sport/kharitonov-mill ... oscow-342/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:35 am 

so mir vs jds has been confirmed as the main event for ufc 146. i have cigano by ko in the first. i don't see any other outcome than a jds ko victory, its just a horrible match up stylistically for mir. so that leaves cain without a fight, im guessing werdum will step in for that.

George wrote:
btw, do you know what's happening with kharitonov? ufc doesn't seem interested in signing him (for some reason)... i think along with fedor, he's the best heavyweight outside of ufc... (barnett and cormier excluded because they should be in the ufc by the end of the year)

sergei likes to fight in kickboxing which is something that the ufc won't allow, he recently fought for the united glory promotion (against a total bum) in kickboxing. that seems to be his focus at the moment, id like to see him in the ufc too though. speaking of sergei, have you seen this article detailing his beef with aleksander emelianenko? its pretty funny. http://www.cagepotato.com/internet-beef ... elianenko/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:22 am 

Certainly understandable, but it's a pretty disappointing decision. Not only was JDS-Overeem a great matchup, but Mir-Cain was pretty much just as good! Drat. Frustrating.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:53 pm 

meh!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:03 am 

I enjoyed the fight personally, it had its slow periods but there were some exciting moments like the second round though i know you're not a jones fan paulie. What's scary about the fight is that jones showed that he has a good chin in addition to all the other natural gifts he has, he got hit with a couple of hard shots but walked through them easy enough. Hendo has been confirmed as the next opponent for jones but i honestly don't see hendo beating him unless he lands a huge haymaker in the first couple of minutes or so, hendo will bring an exciting fight out of jones at the very least though.

I felt sorry for schaub, the guy out landed big ben like 10 to 1 in that fight (even in that last exchange he got more shots in) but the guy is cursed with one of the worst chins i've ever seen. The hominick fight was frustrating as i felt he was a much better striker than his opponent yet he kept getting cracked by those haymaker shots, the same feeling i had watching cro cop later in his career when he kept getting knocked out by lesser fighters. I thought rory mac might have a fight on his hands after watching the first minute or so but once he got the takedown he just smashed mills, he should be fighting top tier guys like diaz, condit and kos now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:30 pm 

Yeah my 'meh' was solely because I really don't like Jones- it wasn't a bad fight by any means. The first 7 or so minutes were pretty great even, with Rashad parrying away all those kicks and punches with relative ease (and style!), moving his head and using his speed well. Jones just relentlessly attacks every level of the body, and with his size and strength advantage, it doesn't take long before his opponents to start breaking down. All it took was for Evans to get caught a few times to stun him and slow him down, and basically for the last 2/3 of the fight Rashad was relegated to a pretty uncreative. Evans seemed to catch a second wind when he took his break after the second round, had some swag and confidence again despite getting worked in the prior round, then he ate a few of those short elbows and his expression changed drastically. It was a quite disheartening to see for someone rooting against Jones! Whatever, credit to Jones, he's obviously in a class of his own. Now I'm holding out hope for someone who is willing to commit to his strikes and be aggressive with his combos. I mean, you're just going to get picked on if you stay at range and put no real pressure on Jones, and it's likely you'll take as much damage on the outside as you would if you came in anyway. Idk, what do you guys think re:matching up/gameplanning against Jones? I know Hendo's chin is godlike and his right hand lands with the force of a thousand bull elephants, but I fear for anyone's safety if they don't have the speed and quickness to at least partially evade Jones total body attack. Shogun comes to mind :(

After that disgusting elbow Schaub landed to Rothwell's *eye*, I thought for sure the end was near for Rothwell. Alas, those big shots behind the ear can drop pretty much anyone if they land. RIP Schaub.

Both Michael and Rory McDonald looked great. If Che Mills can be matched up against some guys more inclined to stay on their feet, look out. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next