DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martial Arts.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 am 

BlueTrain wrote:
wow. alves weights at around 197 when he walks into the cage, that can't be healthy.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/2/283 ... -few-hours

no fucking way

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:49 pm 

BlueTrain wrote:
dang that armbar was nasty, like i said i think rousey is on a different level physically and athletically to the other women out there similar to the way cyborg was. Cyborg/Rousey would be a fight id love to see too.
i wouldn't... because i like rousey a lot but i think cyborg would handle her. unless ronda gets more well-rounded in the next year and drastically improves her standup technique...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:59 pm 

:ugh: aaahhhh....

yeah, the tap was invented for a reason...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:04 pm 

big country will drop down to 205 if he gets 100k likes on his facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/RoyNelsonUFC

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 am 

wait, how the heck is he going to do it if he's become the guy that welcomes enormous brazilians from strikeforce?!? anyway, i'm excited about the fight.... i don't think bigfoot will have his way with nelson like werdum did... especially seeing as how cormier destroyed silva, i think nelson may pull it off too. i hope he does... two tiny chubby guys get revenge for what he did to the third one last year... :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 am 

assuming injuries dont ruin it ufc 146 will be ridiculous

del rosario vs gonzaga
mir vs cain
big country vs bigfoot
jds vs reem

big country seems to be getting the akiyama treatment, i was expecting them to pit him against a beltran or morecraft type fighter but he's got a tough fight in bigfoot. though im not 100% on bigfoot, he doesn't have any big wins apart from fedor and arlovski who weren't at their best at the time and he didnt good against cormier.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:22 am 

Anyone catch the season premier of TUF? I'm not into reality tv at all but the latest episode was just fighting and it was quite exciting i thought. The karate guy that trained with anderson silva looked incredible in his fight, the chute boxe bjj trainer looks like the guy to win it though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:09 pm 

BlueTrain wrote:
Anyone catch the season premier of TUF? I'm not into reality tv at all but the latest episode was just fighting and it was quite exciting i thought. The karate guy that trained with anderson silva looked incredible in his fight, the chute boxe bjj trainer looks like the guy to win it though.

Great episode. Got bad ratings. Didn't like how there was no commentating, but the guy who was talking in between fights was boring. Funny how Dana couldn't not cuss for a couple hours. Impressed by Lawrence, BJJ guy from Pride, and Karate guy. Will be almost as good as the upcoming season in Brazil. this is the first time the show is out of the United States!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:11 pm 

George wrote:
wait, how the heck is he going to do it if he's become the guy that welcomes enormous brazilians from strikeforce?!? anyway, i'm excited about the fight.... i don't think bigfoot will have his way with nelson like werdum did... especially seeing as how cormier destroyed silva, i think nelson may pull it off too. i hope he does... two tiny chubby guys get revenge for what he did to the third one last year... :evil:

I saw that Cormier Silva fight live here in Cincinnati and Silva was unimpressive. I will be pulling for him, however, because he has a lot of medical bills he has to pay for gigantism. :sad:
With a loss I hope Nelson will get pulled down to LHW and actually matter in terms of contention. But he may not even be top 10 down there who knows

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm 

sorry last post for now. just look at how bad the reffing was here on friday night. this should have been stopped WAY earlier. not like some regional mma promotion either, this was on MTV2 for all to see.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:19 am 

yeah that was a horrible stoppage, it could of been stopped at least 10 seconds earlier. you also have to think that the corner should of thrown in the towel too, i don't know why they'd let their fighter get punished like that. thats an almost career ending loss right there too given joe warren's age especially after his fight was another brutal knockout.

also news came out that rampage will fight his last fight under the ufc banner against shogun, not sure what event it will be at yet but that will be a true slobber knocker. i think (and hope) that rampage will get up for that fight too as the first fight was one of rampages worst losses.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:22 pm 

i don't see how rampage deserves a fight with shogun, but whatever... i guess ufc is milking him for what he's worth before he's gone.

btw, mikro's final fight came and went without notice in the mass media.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:27 pm 

Shogun is coming off two losses as well and they both wanted the fight. I think it makes sense to me. I saw the mirko fight, it wasn't bad, ray didnt seem to take it too serious though. He spends most of his time training other fighters i believe these days and is arguably just as past his prime as mirko.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:54 pm 

come on... shogun's coming off of only one loss, and you can't compare his loss and rampage's.

as for mirko... of course sefo is past it... and of course there was no feasible way mirko would lose his final fight - in zagreb, of all places.

anyway i think i'm starting to have mma withdrawals... realized yesterday i had never actually watched fedor vs big nog III, so i watched it... what a pair of studs... and what a pleasure to see them in their prime... fedor was bouncing around like a lightweight (and i think big nog said that fedor is by far the quickest heavyweight he'd ever fought)... i don't know how their careers would've been different had fedor and mirko cut weight and fought guys their own size... i don't think they'd lose their quickness advantage, but would gain a lot in terms of power advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:32 am 

No kidding, I mean Fedor's punching power was uncanny even compared to other heavyweights. Mass destruction against light heavyweights.

I love Rampage and Shogun, but yeah, Rua all the way. I'd love to see him persevere and rise to the top once again, perhaps somehow impaling Bones along the ascent :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next