DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 110  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tennis.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:16 pm 

Tudwell wrote:
Federer did such a good job at drawing Djokovic out wide with angles. He didn't try to hit through him and go for winners. Instead he forced errors and served very well.

Murray's return really, really impressed me today. Tsonga's got a great serve, and Murray was slapping it back for winners like it was nothing. Granted, Federer will serve-volley less than Tsonga, so it'll be harder for Murray to win points outright on the return, but it won't make Federer's life easy either.

I'm taking Federer in 4.

Both of those semis showed some great quality of play from the winners from what I saw.

The finals were ridiculously high in quality early. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the end but when I turned it off was when Murray disintegrated anyone. And Federer's winner in the second set? Fucking unbelievable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:49 pm 

Federer looked like he was playing ping pong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:07 pm 

well done hewitt, good to see him make the final of the ATP, hes had a run of injuries and punch of knockers saying he should retire etc, hope he wins it and has form leading into the US open. come on!....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:10 pm 

Nadal's pulled out of the Olympics citing tendinitis.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am 

Tudwell wrote:

that's pretty old news, I was devastated though. Another one for Fed ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:52 am 

Whoa, the bottom half of the draw is stacked! I think we might see something like a Federer-Tsonga final. Murray has such a bad history of recovering after slam final losses, and Wawrinka is far from an easy first round opponent. And Djokovic has a terrible draw. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go out against Roddick in the second round.

Federer has an absolute cakewalk. All the strong grass-courters are on the bottom.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:54 am 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
Yousha wrote:
Tudwell wrote:

that's pretty old news, I was devastated though. Another one for Fed ?

There's a buzz in the tennis community that Rafa's juicing and he didn't wanna be subject to the Olympic Committee's more stringent substance-testing policy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:25 am 

I doubt that's true. He entered and won it last time when he was a better player than he is now. Besides, if he is on something he's rich enough to have all the latest undetectable stuff.

Can't really see Djokovic losing to Roddick even on grass. If Roddick circa 2005/6...or 2009 Wimbledon final Roddick shows up then sure, maybe...but I doubt it.

With best of 3 sets there's always chances of big upsets though. Just look at who Federer lost to in 2004 and 2008. And I mean he was down 2 sets to 0 in Wimbledon this year against Bennetau. And a couple of years ago was the same against Falla who is his first round opponent in this event.

Federer has got to be the favourite for sure, but I think there are a few more potential winners than you have in a slam. Any of the big servers are a chance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 pm 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
Thought some of you other tennis fans might find this interesting. A player named Brian Battistone came to our tennis tournament this weekend. Remarkable because, one he used to be ranked in the Top 100 in the world, and two because he uses a two-handled racket.

Two Handles are Better than One

(All of this footage was taken this week at the tennis club I work at)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:23 pm 

Donald Young has lost 15 matches in a row. :ugh:

Maybe he'll beat Spadea's record of 21 straight losses.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 pm 

Tsonga over Raonic 25-23 in the third. Yikes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:37 pm 

Tudwell wrote:
Tsonga over Raonic 25-23 in the third. Yikes.

damn !!!

also, 6 2 6 1 against Roddick ! Damn. Nole's pissed !!!

Fed's gonna need to be knocked out before the finals if he is to lose this. Dont see him losing in the finals.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:58 am 

This Federer-del Potro match is insane! :eek:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 am 

Incredible! 19-17 in the 3rd to Federer. He served for it at 10-9 too but got broken back to love! Eventually though he finally took a chance. Del Potro wasn't quite able to pressure Federer's serve as much as Federer did his in that 3rd set. Del Potro was incredibly clutch at times to stay in it. And Federer's serve kept him in it in the 2rd set and earlier on in the 3rd when Del Potro looked the more likely winner.

Given their respective matches at Wimbledon I'm guessing Federer will hope that Djokovic comes through. That's not to say Djokovic will be any easier to beat, just that their match at wimbledon had a lot of short points and was less physical than the match with Murray.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:38 pm 

you don't think Djoko could make it a long physical match if he wanted to?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 110  Next