DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 110  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tennis.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:31 pm 

ignatious wrote:
you don't think Djoko could make it a long physical match if he wanted to?

Well he won't be doing it now given that he lost.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:18 pm 

I was backing Murray to beat Djoko, simply cause if there's anyone who's insanely motivated this Olympics, it's that dude. Im giving him a far better chance to beat Roger than I did at the grand slam, but I still think Rog is gonna win, simply cause it's best of 5, and not 3.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 pm 

I'm glad Murray won because I think Del Potro has a far better chance at getting the bronze over Djokovic than over Murray. Murray plays that slice-n-dice game that can just totally ruin Delpo's rhythm and result in tons of errors. Djokovic can extend rallies and move Delpo around, but he also will give Del Potro more consistency and more rhythm. I imagine he'll be too tired to put up much resistance against Djokovic, though.

And I'll take Federer in four again for the gold, though I wouldn't be too surprised at a Murray win. Federer was nervous in the Wimbledon final until he won that second set, and so far in the Olympics he's looked even more nervous. He's gotta come out sharp and not give Murray the chance to take a big lead like at Wimbledon because I don't think Andy will fade much this time around.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:26 pm 

I think Murray will win. Federer's ground game wasn't great against Del Potro and he's going to need it to be much, much better against Murray given his returning ability.

I think if Federer plays his best he'll win but I'd be surprised if he did given his form going into it. Federer may have already played his final in this tournament.

Conditions will be a factor though. If it's wet and the final played under the roof I'd tip Federer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:23 pm 

Yeah, I've heard it's supposed to rain on Sunday. Good news for Federer to say the least.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:00 am 

that was the major problem against Potro, outdoor conditions, amazing how much that matters in a Federer or Nadal match....I still wonder what could have happened in that match against Rosol if the roof was open.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:18 pm 

Very windy conditions are a leveller though and some players can be great in it one day and terrible in it another. Surprisingly Federer has done quite well in very windy conditions. I think the biggest advantage he gets out of indoor is the lower bounce rather than anything to do with wind vs no wind.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:44 pm 

plus, i think he just gets his measurements perfectly right for some reason. He really becomes far more aggressive and goes for his shots in indoor conditions

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:32 am 

Serena's a damn bulldozer !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:37 am 

She must be the best female server ever, surely.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:10 am 

and the ugliest ever. as much as its ingrained to root against the brits would be great to finally see murray win gold here

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:48 am 

Nah I'm sick of the Brits winning. Though I think he'll probably do it. He could win two golds in one day with the mixed doubles as well. That would just be too much.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:55 am 

haha yeah that would be too much. mixed doubles tennis, another farce. bronze in that event is literally no more valuable than the reputed $3 cost of the medal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:05 am 

There's only like 3 or 4 rounds in the whole mixed doubles competition as it is.

And that medal is worth the same on the medal tally as a gold in the marathon or the 100m sprint.

Murray's looking a good chance though. The way he's going (a set and a break up, Federer making plenty of errors) he'll have the singles wrapped up pretty quickly in 3 sets and be pretty fresh for the mixed doubles final everyone's dying to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:11 am 

Del Potro up a set and a break. :eek: Djokovic is just looking awful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 110  Next