DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boxing.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 pm 

Cuban heavyweight Odlanier Solis steps up in class tonight against Ray Austin. Time for Olympians Solis and Povetkin to put up or shut up. Are they Biggs and Harrison or are they the successors to Lennox and Wlad?

Then tomorrow, Hopkins vs Pascal for 175 lb supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:08 am 

dmille wrote:
Cuban heavyweight Odlanier Solis steps up in class tonight against Ray Austin. Time for Olympians Solis and Povetkin to put up or shut up. Are they Biggs and Harrison or are they the successors to Lennox and Wlad?

Just seen the result of the Solis v Austin fight, WTF happened? Who was winning? More details someone please.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:14 pm 

sirjock wrote:
dmille wrote:

Just seen the result of the Solis v Austin fight, WTF happened? Who was winning? More details someone please.

Solis dominated him. Austin was floored in the fifth and he was badly hurt in the 10th. Austin clinched and then the bell rang. Austin pushed Solis over the ropes and they both almost fell out of the ring. They got to their feet and Austin hit him. Instant DQ.

But at 6'1-1/2" and only 17 fights, there is no d@mn way he can come in at 260 and have a chance of beating either Klit brother. What the hell are his people thinking letting him enter the ring in that kind of shape? He needs to drop a minimum of 15 lbs. or it's Vitali-Arreloa all over again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:27 pm 

114-112 Hopkins, 113-113 & 114-114 in Quebec = Home cooking! He got up from two KDs to sweep the last nine rounds.

MY score: 115-111 Hopkins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:29 pm 

I've gotta catch the replay of that one. How is he still going at his age!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:34 pm 

Nick-ola wrote:
I've gotta catch the replay of that one. How is he still going at his age!
There is the type of fighter that comes along once in a lifetime. But Hopkins is the type that comes along once.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:42 am 

Jeez another disasater for the Heavyweight division last night

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:21 pm 

How to duck an opponent: 'I will fight him --- for 100 million dollars!'

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6397 ... y-pacquiao

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:56 pm 

sirjock wrote:
Jeez another disasater for the Heavyweight division last night

As you saw from my earlier post, I didn't think Solis had much of a chance to begin with. Some amatuer legends never make the full transition to the pros. Hell, Jorge Luis Gonzalez showed me more. Solis' management showed me what they thought of him by letting him fight out of shape. It was Haye-Harrison all over again. Cash in on that gold medal before it's too late.

The Klits are big & hard-hitting, but more importantly they are very expericenced guys. Vitali has 44 fights, Vlad has 58. Some guy defeats one or two fringe pretenders and all of a sudden someone thinks they're ready for a title shot?

Their next fights are set to be against Tomasz Adamek (Vitali) and David Haye (Wlad). While both of them are smaller than the Klitschkos and will be major underdogs, victories are not out of the question. FACT: neither Klitchsko has ever come out on top in a WAR.

Vitali fights in a stiff, robotic fashion which could be a problem against the fast and slick Adamek. Tomasz is confidence and experienced. The first three rounds will be the key to this fight. If Adamek is on top 3-0 or 2-1, Vitali is in trouble.

Haye is also quick and skilled, but the problem for Wlad's that he's an explosive puncher. Everyone seems to have forgotten Wlad's fight with Corrie Sanders. The "Hayemakers" will land early and once again the first three round will tell the tale. Wlad gets hurt and it will either be all over or we'll be looking at a potential FOTY candidate.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:52 am 

Hey dmille you stopped at Lightweight, c'mon man post the rest of your lists inc p4p, i've got mates waiting to see them lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14 am 

So uh, my main man Yuriorkis Gamboa looked awesome this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:42 pm 

MY top 10 welterweights of all time plus honorable mention

1 Ray Robinson
2 Ray Leonard
3 Emile Griffith
4 Mickey Walker
5 Carmen Basilio
6 Thomas Hearns
7 Jose Napoles
8 Kid Gavilan
9 Luis Rodriguez
10 Tommy Ryan

Honorable mention: Wilfred Benitez, Jack Britton, Pipino Cuevas, Oscar DeLaHoya, Mike Gibbons, Billy Graham, Harry Lewis, Ted Kid Lewis, Felix Trinidad, Joe Walcott, Holman Williams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:42 pm 

sirjock wrote:
Hey dmille you stopped at Lightweight, c'mon man post the rest of your lists inc p4p, i've got mates waiting to see them lol

I thought that no one was reading the thread, plus I've been busy...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:49 pm 

Paulie wrote:
So uh, my main man Yuriorkis Gamboa looked awesome this weekend.

Time for Gamboa, Juanma and Chris John to sh!t or get off the pot...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:49 pm 

dmille wrote:
sirjock wrote:

I thought that no one was reading the thread, plus I've been busy...

I understand, the thread has been really tired recently. But keep the lists coming, they produce some great arguments/discussions in my local whem i'm home.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next