DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boxing.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:30 am 

Reported the Audley Harrison has had a 'significant portion' of his fee withheld from the Haye fight prior to an investigation by the authorities. Haye is also to be investigated following his 'betting' claims and retractions

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:49 pm 

yawn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:07 am 

Well done Carl Froch, what a great performance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 pm 

Glenn Johnson will be a much sterner test for Froch. And Ward will stop Abraham.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:19 am 

I agree, Ward is the best in the division

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 am 

In his last three fights, we've seen Ward fighting outside (Kessler), fighting inside (Green), and fighting dirty (Bika). Johnson has an established career going back to the Hopkins fight. All the question marks now are surrounding Froch and Abraham.

Can Froch fight with the same kind of discipline when he is getting hit back repeatedly by Johnson? Johnson won't just stand there and take shots. He will be going after Froch.

Can Abraham start fighting in the 1st round of the Ward fight the way he used to in the 5th or 6th? Abraham has power even at 168. But he's gotta throw the punch before it can land. He can't afford to give away rounds against Ward.

I was thinking Ward-Johnson in the S6 final, but now Froch has added a new twist.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 am 

KING KHAN!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:58 am 

Nick-ola wrote:
KING KHAN!!

Nick

Exciting fight. I got back from a party at 3:30am and found a great internet stream and watched live. When Maidana went down under those 2 great body shots in the 1st, you thought it was all over, but what a fight after that. Scoring looked about right, but jeez, Maidana is a hard man. And maybe now, we can worry less about Amirs chin. He took a huge one in the 10th but still didnt go down. The scoring gave Amir the 11th, evern though he looked not have fully recovered. Up until that 1 punch, Khan looked pretty much in control, but you have to be concerned that he was not more convincing, especially with Bradley/Alexander and Mayweather touted as next 2 fights !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:00 am 

Seeker,

Maidana rematch possible do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:44 am 

Nick-ola wrote:
Seeker,

Maidana rematch possible do you think?

I'm sure he'll want one, but no way is the Khan management going to let that happen before Khan has stepped onwards and upwards. I've not heard anything about a contractual rematch, so I guess Maidana may have to wait for a while.

Maybe he can fight the loser of the upcoming Bradley/Alexander bout and get a mandatory challenge down the line. If I was Khan, I would want to stay clear of Maidana for quite some time. He looks to have granite in his chin and his fists.

I was pondering that a mixture of Khan and Maidana in 1 fighter would be really useful

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:57 pm 

True that, Seeker.
Also, Cortez is getting a bit of criticism for stopping Maidana fighting inside a la the Hatton-Mayweather situation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 am 

Nick-ola wrote:
True that, Seeker.
Also, Cortez is getting a bit of criticism for stopping Maidana fighting inside a la the Hatton-Mayweather situation.

Doesnt surprise me - He had some success with those short uppercuts, especailly when he had Khan backed up against he ropes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:38 pm 

Maidana landed that bomb after taking some heavy duty punishment for 9 rounds. I wonder what the result could've been had he landed it when he was fresher.

IMO Khan needs a softie to stay busy, then he should fight the Bradley-Alexander winner. Khan will have an even bigger height advantage in that match, but both are much faster and slicker than Maidana.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:51 pm 

dmille, how did you score the fight? and do you think Maidana is the biggest puncher in the 140 division?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:00 pm 

Nick-ola wrote:
dmille, how did you score the fight? and do you think Maidana is the biggest puncher in the 140 division?

115-111, I had it 8-4 but scored both the 1st and 10th rounds as 10-8.

The biggest puncher at 140 is either Maidana or his countryman Lucas Matthysse. Hmm, a softie for each of them, then a $howdown in Bueno$ Arie$?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next