DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boxing.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:05 am 

I think Chisora is promoted by Frank Warren who was not in favour of him taking Wlad - by the sound of it Chisora pushed for it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:18 am 

dmille wrote:
The Seeker wrote:
Calm down a little!!

Never said you got anything wrong and being a yank has nothing to do with anything. You mentioned Audley's record and I was just pointing out that Harrison's 20/25 record is not as good as it sounds on the face of it.

I should calm down? Is that before or after you insulted my intelligence?

You said that his record didn't tell the whole story and that he started his career fighting no-name opposition. Wow! Harrison must be the most unique fighter of all-time. And to think that all this time, I believed that was true of nearly every fighter.

You sure that Mike Middleton wasn't a world class heavyweight when Audley fought him? You mean to say that Derrick McCaffery isn't a Lonsdale Belt holder, based on his sterling record as a professional?

I follow the careers of all Olympic champions that turn pro very closely. Not just Americans and not just heavyweights. I was disappointed by Michael Carruth and am looking to see what happens with James DeGale (I think he is being pushed too fast). Yeah, see there, I've heard of both of them...

And since you're a Brit, help me out here. What the hell are Chisora's people thinking, matching him with Wlad when he only has 14 fights? Are they just going for the quick payday? Do they honestly think he has a chance with so little experience?

I never insulted your intelligence. You took what was intended as constructive part of a discussion and read into it something that was never intended. You may an encyclopaedic knowledge of boxing, but since then have acted like an obnoxious individual. I though I had something to offer as I saw all of those BBC fights and the media reactions to them at the time. You also seem to have a hang-up on the Brit/Yank thing for some reason. Well, my original post mentioned being a Brit because this is all Brit championship fight and its a big thing for us.

If all this upset you then so be it, I cant help your sensitivity

As for DeGale, I never fancied him. Didnt see the Dilks fight, but the media said he looked good. I'm sure Warren will not let him go much beyond the british title for a while yet. Maybe a while down the line Kessler or Froch may be targets as they ease towards their mid 30's

Chisora - No Idea - Seems mad to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:34 pm 

The Seeker wrote:
As for DeGale, I never fancied him. Didnt see the Dilks fight, but the media said he looked good. I'm sure Warren will not let him go much beyond the british title for a while yet. Maybe a while down the line Kessler or Froch may be targets as they ease towards their mid 30's

The man only has 8 fights, it's way too early to be thinking about him being matched up against Froch or anyone of that level.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:26 am 

dmille wrote:
The Seeker wrote:

The man only has 8 fights, it's way too early to be thinking about him being matched up against Froch or anyone of that level.

Agree completely - Well he has the british title fight in December (and Paul Smith is no slouch) but even if he wins, I cant see Warren opening him up to that next class of opponent for 2-3 years. Problem may be that one gets the impression that DeGale really fancies himself and is pretty arrogant, so he may get impatient.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:15 pm 

Glen Johnson vs Allen Green

Johnson is my fave hard luck boxer, based on all the draws and controversial decisons he has dropped. I just hope he isn't weakened by making 168.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:58 pm 

Glen Johnson KO8 Allen Green

Johnson shows why he is still a force even at 41. Green shows why he wasn't invited to the super six in the first place.

Juan Manuel Lopez TKO8 Rafael Marquez

Lopez was too young and too strong for the proud Marquez

Post subject: 118 lbs.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:52 am 

MY top 10 Bantamweight of all-time plus honorable metion

1 Eder Jofre
2 Terry McGovern
3 Manuel Ortiz
4 Panama Al Brown
5 Rueben Olivares
6 Carlos Zarate
7 Fighting Harada
8 Pete Herman
9 Owen Moran
10 Harry Jeffra

Honorable Mention: Jose Becerra, Orlando Canizales, Jimmy Carruthers, Jeff Chandler, Khaosai Galaxy, Sixto Escobar, Joe Lynch, Memphis Pal Moore, Charles Bud Taylor, Kid Williams

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:01 pm 

Can't believe Harrison lasted only 3 rounds against Haye. Useless bastard.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:10 pm 

Haye TKO3 Harrison

A fight that made Tyson-Seldon look competitive! Harrison's nickname was never more appropriate...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:26 pm 

Haha, he has many, "Audrey", "Ordinary", "A-Farce", "Fraudley". Bless him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:12 am 

Sodacake wrote:

I can't believe it took Haye 3 rounds to beat that big joke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:54 am 

sirjock wrote:
Sodacake wrote:

I can't believe it took Haye 3 rounds to beat that big joke

He claims he had money on round 3....which is interesting because in a lot of sports that would be some sort of match fixing!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:01 am 

Pac-man is god.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:05 am 

Surely Mayweather vs Pacquiao has to happen?? Might be the fight to bring boxing back to life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:07 pm 

Pacquiao W12 Margarito

That was getting ugly at the end. What Manny did to Oscar's eye, he did to Antonio's entire face. That fight should have been stopped anytime after the 8th or 9th round...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next