DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:38 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 4884
Location: http://thesportingview-kes.blogspot.com/
Stephen Maguire (Sco) v Judd Trump (Eng)
Ding Junhui (Chn) v Neil Robertson (Aus)
Ricky Walden (Eng) v Shaun Murphy (Eng)
Marco Fu (HK) v Mark Allen (NI)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:25 am
Posts: 51
Hope Stephen Hendry enjoys his retirement, growing up he was my favourite player and probably the greatest player ever to pick up a Snooker Cue. 72 titles, 36 Ranking titles, 7 World Titles, 775 Century breaks, 11 Maximums, 9 years as World number one and over 100 finals reached. Legend. :tiphat:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:28 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 4884
Location: http://thesportingview-kes.blogspot.com/
He was never my favourite, in fact I wanted him to lose against whomever he was up against simply because I found his domination tedious (as I do with domination in any sport aside from if Tottenham Hotspur were to win championships year in year out), but as with most sportsmen who age and wane, I then found myself rooting for him late in his career. As you say, Mark, marvellous career.

Hope Ronnie wins this year, but he's already fallen behind to Robertson, and even though that's after only 1 session, I worry. Ronnie is a great front runner but not the sort to come back even from an early deficit against a capable opponent.
I'd like Matthew Stevens to win it, if Ronnie gets knocked out. He's come very close before, had years in the wilderness and is now back playing well. In short, he's paid his dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:25 am
Posts: 51
I think Ronnie, will win the World Championships again after his win against Neil Robertson, he looks to be on form again and playing fine Snooker, would like to see Matthew Stevens win the title though, i knew he and Paul Hunter were friends but i didn't realise they were so close. Apparently he was a Pallbearer at his funeral and his Best man, that along with the death of his Dad is a good enough reason for any players form to suffer for a while. I hope this is the beginning of Matthew Steven's form turning around as he really is a talented Snooker player.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:55 am 
Online
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:23 am
Posts: 2683
Location: Portsmouth, Portsea Island, UK
Lol John Higgins. Can't say I'm not happy to see one of the sourest players ever whimpering out on the first round.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 1088
Avery_Island wrote:
Lol John Higgins. Can't say I'm not happy to see one of the sourest players ever whimpering out on the first round.


With you there - Never could stand that cheating 'Wizard of Washed-up'

The rise and rise of Mark Davis is pretty amazing as he is improving and rising up the rankings at the age when most of the other guys are slipping down !!

Maguire's in deep doo-doo as well - Excellent !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:41 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 4884
Location: http://thesportingview-kes.blogspot.com/
The Seeker wrote:
Avery_Island wrote:
Lol John Higgins. Can't say I'm not happy to see one of the sourest players ever whimpering out on the first round.


With you there - Never could stand that cheating 'Wizard of Washed-up'

The rise and rise of Mark Davis is pretty amazing as he is improving and rising up the rankings at the age when most of the other guys are slipping down !!

Maguire's in deep doo-doo as well - Excellent !!!


:lol: Are they Rangers fans?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 1088
Nick wrote:
The Seeker wrote:
Avery_Island wrote:
Lol John Higgins. Can't say I'm not happy to see one of the sourest players ever whimpering out on the first round.


With you there - Never could stand that cheating 'Wizard of Washed-up'

The rise and rise of Mark Davis is pretty amazing as he is improving and rising up the rankings at the age when most of the other guys are slipping down !!

Maguire's in deep doo-doo as well - Excellent !!!


:lol: Are they Rangers fans?


The demise of our Northern Brethren has not gone un-noticed !!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 4884
Location: http://thesportingview-kes.blogspot.com/
The Seeker wrote:
Nick wrote:
The Seeker wrote:
Avery_Island wrote:
Lol John Higgins. Can't say I'm not happy to see one of the sourest players ever whimpering out on the first round.


With you there - Never could stand that cheating 'Wizard of Washed-up'

The rise and rise of Mark Davis is pretty amazing as he is improving and rising up the rankings at the age when most of the other guys are slipping down !!

Maguire's in deep doo-doo as well - Excellent !!!


:lol: Are they Rangers fans?


The demise of our Northern Brethren has not gone un-noticed !!


I mistook you for sirjock for a moment, hence the Rangers question! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 2906
ronnie's back :godbless:

"My mood has been up and down like a whore's drawers, but I've had a great time coming back" :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:36 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 4884
Location: http://thesportingview-kes.blogspot.com/
Absolute bloody hero. He hit the most century breaks in a final as well as breaking Stephen Hendry's record for most centuries ever at the world championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 4884
Location: http://thesportingview-kes.blogspot.com/
Ronnie O'Sullivan scored 556 points without reply in his QF win at the Master's. There is no finer sight in sport than Ronnie at the table in full flight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 2906
absolutely incredible


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:43 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 4884
Location: http://thesportingview-kes.blogspot.com/
This break is sublime:



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Snooker/Pool/Billiards.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 2906
Thank you Ronnie - "In the year when England won the Ashes in 2005 and cricket was broadcast by terrestrial television on Channel 4, eight sessions of snooker over the year attracted a larger audience than the peak viewing figures at any point during that Ashes series"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:

DigitalDreamDoor.com   

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

DigitalDreamDoor Forum is one part of a music and movie list website whose owner has given its visitors
the privilege to discuss music and movies, and has no control and cannot in any way be held liable over
how, or by whom this board is used. If you read or see anything inappropriate that has been posted,
contact webmaster@digitaldreamdoor.com. Comments in the forum are reviewed before list updates.
Topics include rock music, metal, rap, hip-hop, blues, jazz, songs, albums, guitar, drums, musicians...


DDD Home Page | DDD Music Lists Page | DDD Movie Lists Page