DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rugby (League and Union).
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:26 am 

cowboys havent got a great record playing in sydney, but they are a very dangerous side just the same. basically the season starts again now, whoever is on and does'nt choke will win, every team in the eight now on their day and playing at their best can win it, it should be a killer finals series, the fullbacks will have a massive impact on results i think. barba, slater, inglis, stewart, bowen, the top 5 teams have the best five fullbacks in the game and probably the best array of talent ive seen in the no1.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:56 am 

Hoffman's been incredibly average this year. Personally, I think Beale, Copley and Maranta have outperformed him. Not entirely sure how I feel about Corey Norman. I like him, but the Broncos' attack recently has been so mediocre, I feel a lot of the responsibility lies with him. They're running lines that just aren't working. Wallace has been his usual underrated self and Hodges is always consistent. Props have been decent, too. Just lacking that big playmaker. Losing Civoniceva, Beale and Te'o next year, so I really wouldn't mind seeing them go after a big player.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:50 am 

i think you'll see a different broncos in the semis they have to step up. they have been flat for weeks and look tired and out of ideas, hoffman has lost confidence after some head knocks then a suspension, he was going well but has lost it, beale may be a better option at fullback, norman has been inconsistent and made some dumb plays of late, earlier in the year things were going his way and he got some lucky tries also his kicking game was better, they have to stick with him now you cant change halves this time of year. thaiday looks lethargic and may be carrying an injury, so does petro and hannant you wouldnt think origin would affect them that much but it must have.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:21 am 

Good performance by the Dogs. Just far too strong for their opposition in the second half.

Manly proved how they're easily the grubbiest team again tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:10 am 

manly are grubs and matai's a lunatic. broncos exit, Cowboys are a dangerous team, i didnt watch the souths storm game, looked at the stats later and it was even, souths had more offloads same missed tackles and line breaks, seems like storm look their chances in the first half. manly v cowboys and souths v raiders or sharks next week im predicting the major semis to be dogs v souths and cowboys v Storm with dogs v storm GF. but a dogs v cowboys isnt out of the question, souths just cant seem to step up to these big games lately, but i live in hope...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:36 am 

Souths played pretty poorly. Slater and Hoffman played brilliantly for the Storm, who were their usual clinical self.

Broncos exiting is what I expected, really. Couple moments when I thought it'd be close, but they were too few. On a positive note, they played a decent second half. Don't understand why Hodges wasn't promoted to fullback earlier. Did it in 06 and won the premiership. Can't say I think Cowboys will get any further. Feel like they won't be in form playing Manly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:28 pm 

funny you say that about hodges, that was my thought a few weeks back when they were struggling, hes big, strong, fast and safe generally, he would play a similar game to GI at the back and would be dangerous and give them more spark in attack. hoffman has had no confidence for a while and should have been dropped.
next year they should trial hodges at fullback and see how he goes and perhaps put alex glen in the centres, broncos are a couple of quality backs short particularly with beale leaving, norman hot and cold and hoffman out of form,what they really need is thurston he'd make a huge difference to that side, (he'd make a difference for any side), but you know what i mean.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:33 am 

Raiders' attack is just brilliant. Really hoping they go far these finals.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:46 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Raiders' attack is just brilliant. Really hoping they go far these finals.

they are playing good football, of course i hope souths stop them this week but if they win, i'll be on them for sure, a real dark horse atm.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:44 am 

cowboys got some bad descions against them last night which were vital to the result, the foran knock on which led to oldfield second try was a disgrace and simpkins should be made to walk down the main street of townsville nude and pelted with hot meat pies. manly got some decisions against them too, but not nas game changing, its the bloody incompetence of refs thats annoying everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:25 am 

I thought Cowboys would go down against Manly, but not like that. The refs have made some awful calls this final series. Can't see how it'll go unpunished.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:33 pm 

rabbitohs advance disposing of the raiders in fine fashion, they had plenty of ball and completed 81% of their sets which helps. massive game against the bulldogs next week it could be a sellout 80,000. i hope there is no controversy just the better team winning, which of course i hope is the mighty rabbitohs, i might even go down to sydney for the game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:54 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79LaIL6x5d0

this never ceases to be hilarious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:06 pm 

mal isnt full of shit and couldnt pretend like most politicans, yeah its classic, stick to coaching mal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:26 pm 

Mal might not be the 8th immortal but he'll always be immortal for that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 42  Next