DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rugby (League and Union).
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:05 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Hunt looks very promising for the Souths.

yeah he went ok, unlucky to have a try disallowed, made plenty of metres, you know hes a QLDer? :cool: hes mainly a half or 5/8 and has been going well for the north sydney bears / souths feeder club. great win today too, golden point over the dragons, always sweet beating them.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:45 pm 

So are you queensland losers feeling nervous yet?

You're going to get smashed.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:58 am 

You NSW fans already prepared for another year of disappointment?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:28 am 

MintCondition wrote:
So are you queensland losers feeling nervous yet?

You're going to get smashed.

:lol: i wish i could feel your optimism, though if this so called "flu" is in their camp NSW are a chance and there is a ready made excuse there. the key to NSW is to play a fast expansive game on the edges, they have speed and skill there, NSW cant match QLD in the forwards,they cant really match them in the backs either, but its their only chance they must score at least 24 points if they are any hope. im predicting a big game from carney/pearce and the Stewart's.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:34 am 

QUEEEEEEEENNNNSSSSSLLAAAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDD

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:40 am 

So how much did the referees cost?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:45 am 

How much have you paid for them in the past?

So typical for a NSW fan to whinge. We still would've won the game had that try been disallowed.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:54 am 

Anyway, I thought Tate was deserving of Man of the Match. I was uncertain about him before this game, but he was just great.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:03 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:

So typical for a NSW fan to whinge. We still would've won the game had that try been disallowed.

not sure what that means quinn what in the past? besides inglis' ridiculous try decision there were a number of fortunate things that went QLD's way, QLD 1st try was when NSW had 12 men, 2nd was off a bullshit penalty against bird for a great tackle, i have doubts over thaidays so called grounding for stewarts try, hayne was taken out under the posts by cronk which is a penalty any day in NRL, farrah was held up in the first half by a an inch. NSW were all over them at times and looked the better team.
anyway QLD won that's all that matters in the end, NSW can take plenty from that game and will be netter game two.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:04 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Anyway, I thought Tate was deserving of Man of the Match. I was uncertain about him before this game, but he was just great.

i agree, he defused every bomb, went close to scoring and was solid, Myles was ok i guess but man of the match?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:19 am 

John G wrote:
Quinnsy Lohan wrote:

i agree, he defused every bomb, went close to scoring and was solid, Myles was ok i guess but man of the match?

Really don't understand why NSW kept kicking to him. Pretty dumb. As far as your doubts are concerned, would they be doubts had NSW committed them? Or would you be celebrating without any second thoughts? I thought Inglis's try could've gone either way, and even if it had been disallowed, we were still ahead on the scoreboard. There were times NSW were looking the better team, but they had no stamina at all. You look at their possession rate early on (good bit greater than Queensland's) when they were at their most attacking, and all they could muster was 4 points. They just weren't good enough tonight as a team. On that note, I didn't think QLD played particularly well, either. With a few exceptions, both the forwards and backs were pretty lethargic.

Bird's also a fucking wanker and I hope he's hospitalized.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:41 pm 

The awarding of the Inglis try is the worst decision I've ever seen. If they're going to say that's not a knock on they may as well say it's not a knock on every time a player has the ball knocked out of their arms in a tackle. Ball security is obviously meaningless now in rugby league.

If that happened in the field of play it would be a knock on every day of the week. You never know what would have happened if NSW had only been 2 behind with 7 or 8 minutes to play. That decision ruined the game. It can't be a great advertisement for rugby league in Melbourne if the game ultimately gets decided by a decision 99% of people don't agree with and/or don't understand.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:35 pm 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:

Example?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:23 am 

Hang wrote:
Quinnsy Lohan wrote:

Example?

For real? So, in Origin's complete history, the ref has only been neutral or in favour of Queensland?

I'll post videos if I can when my net's not capped. I can barely even get on DDD.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:28 am 

MintCondition wrote:
The awarding of the Inglis try is the worst decision I've ever seen. If they're going to say that's not a knock on they may as well say it's not a knock on every time a player has the ball knocked out of their arms in a tackle. Ball security is obviously meaningless now in rugby league.

If that happened in the field of play it would be a knock on every day of the week. You never know what would have happened if NSW had only been 2 behind with 7 or 8 minutes to play. That decision ruined the game. It can't be a great advertisement for rugby league in Melbourne if the game ultimately gets decided by a decision 99% of people don't agree with and/or don't understand.

You're right, you can't know what would've happened. Queensland might've become more inspired (being the champs they are) because the try had been disallowed and went on to score even more. You can argue possibilites all you want, but the fact of the matter is even without those 6 points awarded as a result of that try, Queensland would've won. It wasn't an upset victory. Regardless, we'll see in the next two games who the better team is.

And as for all the whining about the ref, were QLD awarded a penalty when Thurston was punched in the head? Seen no mentions of that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 41  Next