It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rugby (League and Union).
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:30 am 

Jesus Christ, that's frustrating. Corey Parker 0/4 and we lose by 2. Fucking damnit.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:19 am 

yeah manly out of jail, they should all shout parker a beer for winning it for them.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:59 pm 

it will be interesting to see how QLD use Inglis in the upcoming SOO series, if they drop him back to the wing in defence on 4th and fifth, they'll have a kick return option of Inglis and slater, plus he is good under the high ball, im sure Meninga will want to utilize his size speed and strength. some stats this year show in the last seven games he has played at fullback, av 152 metres p.g , 12 line breaks, 52 tackle busts, five tries, and in origin, 12 tries from 15 games. A scary prospect for NSW.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:45 pm 

Any points Inglis scores for Queensland should not count. He is from NSW.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:11 am 

MintCondition wrote:
Any points Inglis scores for Queensland should not count. He is from NSW.

im with you on that, hes born and bred NSW, and played there until 16, i argue this with QLD'ers all the time, their six straight should be null and void and stripped like the storms premierships. i personally think the criteria should simply be where you played your first game of rugby league eg as a junior, no bullshit loopholes, no choice from the player.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:49 am 

I heard no complaints when Tamou played for Australia.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:57 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
I heard no complaints when Tamou played for Australia.

i was going to mention that, in fact i was against tamou's selection, and now he will get picked for NSW, and if anything probably should be playing for QLD, its not entirely the players faults, its the system and rules. another thing im against is taking away a game to melbourne, there is talk of an annual game there? wtf, QLD should have the melbourne cup every couple of years then and NSW the Cox plate or grand prix, there is no reason to have it there, if we want to showcase the event take a game to the US, melbourne can get fucked.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:29 am 

The talk of taking the game to the US now is even more ridiculous. What do QLD and NSW mean to the average American? Absolutely nothing, that's what. Whoever would pay to take it to the US would be losing a lot of money given the amount they'd have to pay to get the event (to compensate for the fact the game would be played in the morning on Australian tv).

Melbourne love getting the origin because half the crowd probably travel down from NSW and QLD to go to the match, meaning their economy gets a nice little boost every time.

And Tamou playing for Australia was ridiculous too...but there's always going to be guys eligible for both countries and because state of origin isn't open to NZ representatives this sort of thing will continue to happen while SOO is considered the pinnacle above test rugby league.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:00 am 

yes the US is ridiculous as well, i was more or less saying you may as well take it there, but not literally. sure melbourne would get the benefit of at least a 50% travelling crowd base and economy benefits etc, but its not theirs is to get, its about QLD and NSW not the highest bidder, it's basically rugby leagues showpiece events, its almost like holding three NRL grandfinals possibly even more with the interest and ratings. the new NRL commission has to stop this from happening, but who knows they may be behind it?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:40 am 

so NSW have picked their 17 squad, its not A bad side, some good selections some im not sure about, the side is:

1. B stewart
2. uate
3. jennings *
4. J morris
5. Hayne*
6. carney
7. pearce
8. Tamou
9. farrah
10 gallen (c)
11 bird
12 lewis
13. G Stewart

14 buhrer*
15 williams
16 merrin*
17 creagh*

the * have question marks over the selections, buhrer isn't a bad pick for his utility value but is it too soon?, ben creagh im not a fan, and hes failed at origin level every time and has been a cat, so im not sure why he is there, hayne on the wing is a token selection in hope he will do something, but on the wing he cant do much anyway so... jennings picked from windsor wolves is interesting, cant see why he should be picked on form and his current attitude. good to see big T REX in i hope he is pissed off and takes it out on QLD. not picking merritt "again" when NSW needs points is dumb, but what do you do...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:01 am 

I thought Sharks might win.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:08 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
I thought Sharks might win.

i thought they were a big chance too, melbourne were due for a loss, when gallen was out i was unsure and didnt tip them, goes to show that sharks are a possible top 4 team this year?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:22 am 

Broncos, Storm, Cowboys and Sharks for me. No order.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:10 am 

Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
Broncos, Storm, Cowboys and Sharks for me. No order.

there is still a long way to go anything can happen, manly might challenge for top 4 too, cowboys will depend on their away form and thurston's fitness.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:22 am 

Hunt looks very promising for the Souths.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 43  Next