DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rugby (League and Union).
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:54 pm 

lol Wales. I've never seen so much butthurt on Facebook as I did last night (and today). It doesn't help that I was the only one out of anyone I knew backing France. The question I asked myself was "why should I support Wales?" and other than "because they're not France" I couldn't think of any good reasons.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:59 pm 

Mitch NZ wrote:
lol Wales. I've never seen so much butthurt on Facebook as I did last night (and today). It doesn't help that I was the only one out of anyone I knew backing France. The question I asked myself was "why should I support Wales?" and other than "because they're not France" I couldn't think of any good reasons.

My newsfeed was absolutely filled with people whining about how France didn't deserve the win and that Wales was the better team. Every time someone commented on a status saying anything remotely opposite to the group mentality they got torn a new one. And nobody even gives a shit about Wales.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:07 pm 

But if NZ beats Aussie then loses to France, the amount of racism that will show up on my FB will put both the KKK and Hitler to shame.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:21 pm 

bloody france. one man up most of the game, a completely dominant lineout and they still can't score a try. Wales, even considering they had only 14 players didn't play anywhere near as well as they did last week, which just shows how bad France were because they really struggled for possession or territory. There's no doubt Wales should have won the match, can't believe they missed all those kicks.

If France don't play about 100% better next week they'll get hammered. Probably the worst team to ever make a rugby world cup final and I thought England of 2007 would never lose that title.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:58 pm 

MintCondition wrote:
bloody france. one man up most of the game, a completely dominant lineout and they still can't score a try. Wales, even considering they had only 14 players didn't play anywhere near as well as they did last week, which just shows how bad France were because they really struggled for possession or territory. There's no doubt Wales should have won the match, can't believe they missed all those kicks.

If France don't play about 100% better next week they'll get hammered. Probably the worst team to ever make a rugby world cup final and I thought England of 2007 would never lose that title.

Absolutely, France suck, Wales showed a lot of spirit, and really shouldn't have been a man down, that was an impulse decision and with no consultation from any other offical. Wales also lost their most experienced prop with injury,plus one penalty goal went an inch under the bar, and their try conversion looked like it hit the inside of the upright and went in. I agree that France must be one of the worst finalist ever and i hope they get smashed, they've got nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:18 pm 

The thing about the French is with everyone ripping into them like this they're likely to play well next week.

I think the conversion hit the outside of the post. The try scorer could have got closer to the posts as well. So close with that one and the last penalty. I was sure the last penalty was going to go over once I saw it was straight. Last week the same kicker got one from 50 into the wind...he must have not hit it perfectly yesterday.

Australia vs NZ is going to be great. I don't think it'll be a very open game but I'm expecting extreme intensity and I'd love it to be close. Make or break game for Quade Cooper as well as the centres we've picked don't have great passing games (excellent defensively though) - without Barnes at 12 and Beale at 15 he's basically got all the playmaking responsibility.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:04 am 

Yeah ABs! First final in 16 years!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:33 am 

Machine Head wrote:
Yeah ABs! First final in 16 years!

AFT! Well done they played well, they'll kill france.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:01 am 

Yeah well done NZ. Outplayed us in every area of the game. Thought our team selections and game plan was wrong, but at the end of the day I don't think it would have made a difference to the outcome.

NZ should smash France, but that's been the case in previous world cups too and France have pulled off the upset. I have a feeling they'll play well and give NZ a decent game. But the All Blacks do look set to break the hoodoo. Not as flashy as some AB's teams of the recent past, but they're better. Completely ruthless. Israel Dagg is a star.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:13 am 

The wallabies have played a lame style the whole tournament, one try in the last three games? its all blamed on cooper's form but the forwards have been ordinary , basically dominated, the game plan was non existent too. Its as if they haven't played together, no cohesion and no execution in the back line, anyway thats Deans fault and coaching staff.
The rugby league test was an awesome display of slick rugby league by the kangaroos, and how good was lockyer? he played all over Marshall, after the elbow to the face i thought he might struggle but he set up three tries in 13 mins after that, champion player. The kangaroos back line had so much speed skill and slick execution.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:49 am 

Hype everywhere tonight for the final. I'll be backing France all the way :godbless:.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:55 am 

the hell for? definitely rooting for the kiwis, the poor bastards need it. someone at the pub last night was also telling me male suicide rates go to all time highs in nz during the wc finals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:12 am 

the french are actually playing great entertaining footy here, great game so far

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:48 am 

rockvirtuoso wrote:
the hell for?

Eh, I'm no nationalist, and usually apathetic when it comes to sport. But it's hard not to get involved when it's a world cup at home, and it's fun to support an underdog. Great game from the French too, pretty sure all of NZ was terrified for those last ten minutes. Probably a good thing the French lost though, my girlfriend was gonna blame me if the French had won.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:57 am 

it was a pretty good game and i thought the french put up a real fight and were unlucky to lose in the end.
at least the suicide rates in NZ will drop after the result, and a few people that have done it tough for a while will have some joy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 43  Next