It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 576  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football (Soccer).
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:26 pm 

Is it me or do Barca seem petrified every time Chelsea gets anywhere near their goal?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:37 pm 

Torres you are a scholar and a gentlemen. I think that just justified your £50 million price tag. :biggrin:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:40 pm 

Well done Chelsea, even though i can't stand them as a football club, they did superbly with 10 men and although they may have had luck at times they deserved it and were a credit to English football. Well done Chelsea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:42 pm 

Never in doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:43 pm 

:smile:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:47 pm 

I can't believe what I just witnessed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:53 pm 

3 shots on target - 3 goals?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:03 pm 

That was an absolutely fantastic game of football.

Surely Fabregas is on thin ground now? Been clear he's not been good enough for Barca for a while now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 pm 

It's not that drastic, but he is in a poor vein of form. I'm sure it'll work out for him in the end.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:32 pm 

Forgie, I've taken up my position in the stocks. Ready the rotten tomatoes.

Brilliant goal from Torres it has to be said. When your confidence is as low as his must have been and you have all the time in the world to mull over how you're going to put the ball in the back of the net it's a great effort to actually do so. And how about Ramires' finish? Didn't think he had that in him!
Terry's just an utter moron.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:34 pm 

It's not his individual form, Georgi. He's obviously a good player, it's that he doesn't fit for Barca at all and they keep having to change their system to fit him in.

It's akin to the infamous Asprilla tranfer for Newcastle in the mid-90s, obviously a good player, but he just doesn't work in that side and the more they shift round the team to try and fit him in the more they lose.

Barca were so much better playing 4-3-3 with Xavi and Iniesta playing in the central midfield in recent years, but it seems they have to change all that to try and fit Cesc in, he's obviously nowhere near as good as Xavi and Iniesta and all this trying to haggle to fit him in is damaging for them imo. I think they just need to drop him and accept he's a squad player who should be back up for Xavi or Iniesta, but shouldn't be playing alongside them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 pm 

0 in 8 for Messi v Chelsea? We've found his kryptonite.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:52 pm 

Avery_Island wrote:
It's not his individual form, Georgi. He's obviously a good player, it's that he doesn't fit for Barca at all and they keep having to change their system to fit him in.

It's akin to the infamous Asprilla tranfer for Newcastle in the mid-90s, obviously a good player, but he just doesn't work in that side and the more they shift round the team to try and fit him in the more they lose.

Barca were so much better playing 4-3-3 with Xavi and Iniesta playing in the central midfield in recent years, but it seems they have to change all that to try and fit Cesc in, he's obviously nowhere near as good as Xavi and Iniesta and all this trying to haggle to fit him in is damaging for them imo. I think they just need to drop him and accept he's a squad player who should be back up for Xavi or Iniesta, but shouldn't be playing alongside them.

I think but for Villa's injury and Pedro's loss of form, that's how they would have used Fabregas. I don't agree that he doesn't fit in their side - he's a La Massia product and I think he can slot into their midfield 3 just fine. But this floaty forward thing that he is at the moment isn't really making best use of him I agree. I think Pep is maybe overdoing it with the midfield dominance. Barca scream for a presence up front - not a big guy like Ibra, but just someone who occupy the defenders rather have everything cramped in the middle. Rob won't like me for this, but someone like RVP would be perfect for Messi to play behind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 pm 

The certainly are missing Villa up front for sure. Even if nothing else but he takes defenders to mark him because he plays as much more of a proper CF, opening up space for others, due to the defenders being pinned, or at least more aware of him.

Will be interesting to see how Cesc does next season, but I'd definitely say the jury's still out as it stands.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 pm 

Me wrote:
Chelsea seem to be fantastic at organising a plan over 2 legs. Still going to be a giant feat to win the thing with Terry, Ramires and Miereles out, but it's still more players than Barca have in the final. :dance:

I still haven't seen an angle of him before the ball was delivered. I thought it was just another clearance to no one and the camera seemed to take an age to show that Torres had the ball at his feet. Even when he waltzed past Valdez I was having flashbacks of Old Trafford and was sure he'd be better off walking it in. Really happy for him, actually.

The commentator on my end was raving on about Barca have no way through, the players that Chelsea are going to be missing in the final and how poor Barca looked in front of goal. I only really believed it wasn't their night when the goal was disallowed.

Chelsea seem to be fantastic at organising a plan over 2 legs. Still going to be a giant feat to win the thing with Terry, Ramires and Miereles out, but it's still more players than Barca have in the final. :dance:

Last edited by Hang on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 576  Next