DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 459  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football (Soccer).
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:20 pm 

The lesson in all of this is never to rely on Spurs for anything.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:11 pm 

Georgi wrote:

You didn't read my post very closely.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:11 pm 

Mark85 wrote:
Nick-ola wrote:
Wheels coming off for Spurs. Standard.

True the wheels are coming off at Spurs, i think the uncertainty surrounding Harry Redknapp position is not helping Spurs at the moment. All the media seem to be interested in at the moment, is When will Redknapp be named the New England Manager, i think because of this Redknapp may have taken his eye off the ball at Tottenham. At the beginning of the season i had a bet with an Arsenal fan saying Spurs would finish above the Gunners in the Premier League, a few weeks ago i thought i was onto a winner, now i think Arsenal might snatch third place as they will only be a point behind Spurs if they win on Monday. Just my luck.

we'll be lucky to get fourth. away to chelsea coming up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:33 pm 

Everton
have a pattern here

anyone else notice it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:28 am 

Location: "He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."
http://www.thenational.ae/sport/footbal ... van-persie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:39 am 

Nick-ola wrote:
Georgi wrote:

Heh, I know that you know full well not to trust Spurs - my post was more directed at Mark for sticking a bet on them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:17 am 

I should have read his post more closely.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:02 am 

Oh dear.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:05 pm 

Georgi wrote:
Nick-ola wrote:
Georgi wrote:

Heh, I know that you know full well not to trust Spurs - my post was more directed at Mark for sticking a bet on them.

I've learned my lesson regarding Spurs, i just hope they some how manage to finish above Arsenal although i'd be surprised. I will never hear the end of it from my Mate if Arsenal finish above Spurs.

Just got back from Old Trafford today and the roar around the stadium when Swansea scored was immense, although United must not get complacent now, they need to win away at Wolves next week to go four points clear of City before they play Chelsea. I still think City are slight favourites for the league at the moment as they have to play United at the Ethiad stadium, although if City drop 3 or 4 points before the two play each other, United can afford to lose to City and still win the league. On Paper United should win all of there games up to the City game, whilst City have some hard games but it's going to be close and football isn't played on paper. I just hope United win the League and Huddersfield Town get promoted and i will be happy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:00 pm 

Mark85 wrote:
I still think City are slight favourites for the league at the moment as they have to play United at the Ethiad stadium,

No chance. United's run in is brilliant. Not only do they have a proven track record at this time in the season but really they only have one tough game on paper. City have a handful.
Fergie is a genius. Winning back to back titles with this shower might be his greatest achievement. "Man United - best of a bad bunch".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:08 pm 

Hey Mark, what was the reasoning behind Lee Clark getting sacked? Didn't he only lose 3 games in about 50 odd games? Must have been something behind the scenes, surely.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:45 pm 

Georgi wrote:
Hey Mark, what was the reasoning behind Lee Clark getting sacked? Didn't he only lose 3 games in about 50 odd games? Must have been something behind the scenes, surely.

I have heard all sorts of rumours about why Lee Clark was sacked from my Huddersfield Town mates, from possible Money laundering, (although i think that is unlikely) to having punch up with players but i think the real reason was that Clark and Chairman Dean Hoyle didn't get on and when Lee Clark tried to get the Leeds job without letting Hoyle know, Hoyle used it as an excuse to get rid of Clark. It was an awful decision in my opinion as only at Huddersfield Town can you go a record 43 league games undefeated with only 3 defeats in 55 and be sacked for 'poor results', whilst still having a good chance of promotion. Lee Clark is one of the best young managers in the game and i think his sacking could have a negative impact on Town's promotion hopes this season. Some of the decision made at Town over the years are baffling like selling Marcus Stewart when they had a chance to get into the premier League about 10 years ago, now Town really is a Club to never place a bet on, as i would be a lot better off if even a quarter of my bets on Town came true.

Nick-ola wrote:
Mark85 wrote:
I still think City are slight favourites for the league at the moment as they have to play United at the Ethiad stadium,

No chance. United's run in is brilliant. Not only do they have a proven track record at this time in the season but really they only have one tough game on paper. City have a handful.
Fergie is a genius. Winning back to back titles with this shower might be his greatest achievement. "Man United - best of a bad bunch".

I'm a born pessimist when it comes to Man. Utd, but United are always capable of having a freak results against the so called smaller clubs like the Blackburn game at Old Trafford earlier this season and Burnley Away two or three seasons ago. I agree though if United manage to win the League it will be Fergie's greatest achievement with the standard of the United squad and the money City have spent.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:34 pm 

I really do hope that Man United lose. Merely the thought of Ferguson smirking or the infantile grin on the face of that slack-jawed troglodyte Rooney is making me want to smash my keyboard to pieces right now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:45 pm 

You just mad cos they stylin' on you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:01 pm 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17288648

Noel Gallagher interviews Mario Balotelli. Sometimes I think the media exaggerates his antics and "bad" behavior.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 459  Next