DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 577  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last Film You Saw And Rate It
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:46 pm 

PBR Streetgang wrote:
Eastwood's J Edgar for worst film of 2011?

I didn't see all of them but I think it's safe to say that Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 1, Zookeeper, Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, and Jack and Jill were worst than J Edgar.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:22 am 

Haven't seen any of them. Fuck those movies though, why would anyone want to see shit like that?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:24 am 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
People who enjoy passing judgment of what the worst films of the year are.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 am 

PBR Streetgang wrote:
Haven't seen any of them. Fuck those movies though, why would anyone want to see shit like that?

calm down man. some people have kids ya know... i caught bits a pieces of Alvin when i worked at a theatre and its perfectly capable of entertaining children for a couple hours. and those teenage girls ate the shit out of Twilight.

that's not to say they aren't bad movies. just that they have a specific target demo and that particular demo seemed to enjoy them. i don't know why that would be shocking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:39 pm 

Come to think of it I'm pretty sure the ony movie that I saw in theater last year that I hated was Sucker Punch.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 pm 

Sucker Punch is well deserving of the hate.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:22 pm 

I've said it before and I will say it again: Sucker Punch is the most unfairly maligned Hollywood film of the 2010s so far. Certainly it's the only decent thing Zack Snyder has ever made.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 pm 

The Amazing Spider-Man - 7.5/10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:32 am 

magic mike was very good, probably the second best movie of the year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:28 am 

aha cool. I was hoping that would turn out to be good. The trailer looked awesome and Soderbergh ftw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:01 am 

It's a kind of bridging movie between his indie feel and his more big budget lavish feel. On the former he always had a very mumblecore feel to just how naturalistic he goes with handling his actors and his dialog, in fact it's rather funny knowing that the whole masses of women out for girl's night out to see this movie were all subjected to something glacial at times. I'm not surprised that a lot of women I hear thought the movie was slow in the middle portion and dragged. I thought damn near every choice Soderbergh did was interesting tho, and his lack of cutting and wider shots helped to make this strange yellow-tinted stripper world where everything does indeed feel real and of this time, yet the characters are on some kind of fringe from the rest of the outside world (off the stage). Those were probably the parts that were the toughest sell, but casting Tatum helped to keep the mundane moments alive, that dude's a charming motherfucker and he keeps getting better at acting. McConaughey brings a kind of jolt to when the narrative slows down and he's basically Frank TJ Mackey incarnate. I wouldn't be surprised if his name is thrown around for supporting actor during awards season. But really, everything on stage is pretty masterful, and I had a feeling that the male stripping would be the best parts, kind of gay to say that, but damn, they are fantastic.

On a sidenote, I like how Soderbergh works. He reminds me of those Golden Age Hollywood directors who were more focused on just making a good movie from whatever script they were handed. Totally not interested in making "masterpieces", don't matter what genre, how big or small the talent is, how much money he's working with, etc, he just wants to make a good movie to the best of his abilities as a director. It is very rare to have a kind of director like him today in Hollywood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:27 am 

my friend told me matthew mcchonaugey stole the show. the new york times just did an interview/article about how he decided to do a 180 with his career and the kinds of movies he chose a few years ago, while taking a couple years off from acting. he sounds like a really down to earth guy. anyways, i'm really excited to see it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:28 pm 

William Friedkin said the same thing about McConaughey recently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:30 pm 

For some reason the TCM Presentation of Singin in the Rain at my local theater included a bunch of fucked up errors which made all the movements--of the stars and of the camera--seem choppy. Basically the worst movie for this to happen with. Too bad, because it could have been a fantastic evening.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:19 am 

Dammit, it was playing here too. I never know about these things when they happen.

I saw Le Quattro Volte on netflix and I somewhat regret seeing it like that since yeah it's one of those kinds of movies. But that's okay, I still had an experience and the next time I see it on hopefully its blu format, it will be extraordinary. Certainly another great film to add to the already stellar year for movies last year. Shows that the Italians still got it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 577  Next