DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: True Detective
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 8046
I think this show has garnered enough interest to merit its own thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:32 pm
Posts: 6611
Location: AKL
I haven't watched any yet, but heard good things


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:38 am
Posts: 9229
Location: Blackwater Park
Get on it. I can't get the final image from last week's episode out of my head.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:19 pm 
Online
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 23356
Sodacake wrote:
Get on it. I can't get the final image from last week's episode out of my head.


Yeah that was pretty legitimately frightening in combination with the music


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:50 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 4975
Location: http://thesportingview-kes.blogspot.com/
What's this show all about?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 8046
Nick wrote:
What's this show all about?




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:38 am
Posts: 798
If the rest of this season is as good as the first three episodes I think this might be the proper heir to the throne of best show on television now that the reign of Breaking Bad has ended.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 8046
I already like it more than Breaking Bad. If it can keep this up who knows..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:11 pm
Posts: 5455
Location: Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick.
Absolutely loving this so far. God, the quality of acting on TV's superb these days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:58 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:52 am
Posts: 2745
Location: pale blue dot
http://truedetectiveconversations.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:00 pm 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:52 am
Posts: 2745
Location: pale blue dot
Also, great show. Curious to see where it goes.


When (which ep) do you all think they'll show the "solving" of the 1995 ('97?) My guess is the 5th and then the last 3 eps will take us somewhere unexpected, showing what happened between the two timelines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:56 am 
Online
moderator

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 23356
awesome wrote:
Also, great show. Curious to see where it goes.


When (which ep) do you all think they'll show the "solving" of the 1995 ('97?) My guess is the 5th and then the last 3 eps will take us somewhere unexpected, showing what happened between the two timelines.


I'm unsure. Remember it's an open question whether they solved the 1995 murder


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:11 pm
Posts: 5455
Location: Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick.
Well, the interviewing police seem to think, or are at least investigating the possibility, that Rust deliberately misled the investigation in order to cover his own tracks. And I don't think the new kill was by a copycat killer, so I'm pretty interested in seeing the hows and whys leading up to the arrest.

One other thing, did anyone else notice Lester Freamon (yeah, it's his real name) as the pastor of the chiefly African-American church in the first ep? Seems strange to have a somewhat known actor play such a minor role, especially when the camera fixates on the ropes binding the cross in his church after discussing the devil's traps. Not a reason to be overly suspicious, but interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:50 am 
Offline
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:52 am
Posts: 2745
Location: pale blue dot
corrections wrote:
awesome wrote:
Also, great show. Curious to see where it goes.


When (which ep) do you all think they'll show the "solving" of the 1995 ('97?) My guess is the 5th and then the last 3 eps will take us somewhere unexpected, showing what happened between the two timelines.


I'm unsure. Remember it's an open question whether they solved the 1995 murder

Hence the scare quotes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:18 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Boston
Quinnsy Lohan wrote:
One other thing, did anyone else notice Lester Freamon (yeah, it's his real name) as the pastor of the chiefly African-American church in the first ep? Seems strange to have a somewhat known actor play such a minor role, especially when the camera fixates on the ropes binding the cross in his church after discussing the devil's traps. Not a reason to be overly suspicious, but interesting.


Same w/ Shea Whigham in the last episode


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron

DigitalDreamDoor.com   

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

DigitalDreamDoor Forum is one part of a music and movie list website whose owner has given its visitors
the privilege to discuss music and movies, and has no control and cannot in any way be held liable over
how, or by whom this board is used. If you read or see anything inappropriate that has been posted,
contact webmaster@digitaldreamdoor.com. Comments in the forum are reviewed before list updates.
Topics include rock music, metal, rap, hip-hop, blues, jazz, songs, albums, guitar, drums, musicians...


DDD Home Page | DDD Music Lists Page | DDD Movie Lists Page