It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm 

I don't think I've ever watched Ellie Kemper in anything before, but I'm loving her in this show. Great, great stuff.

Post subject: Re: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:36 pm 

I freaking loved this show, mostly because of Ellie Kemper and Titus. Binged through the whole season in a day; need to re-watch. Not sure if it's a negative, but I really can't seem to get that theme song out of my head.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:35 pm 

Ima need to check this, since 30 rock is one of my favs, and D'fwan is my nigga.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:42 pm 

Location: the Oedipal situation in The Zone these days is terrible
I thought the first two episodes were very watchable, though I doubt this will become a favorite for me (but who knows). I stopped watching The Office maybe a season after Ellie Kemper became main cast and it's good to see her with a character which she seems both at home with and also gives her more possibilities. She has such an expressive face.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:52 am 

Almost everything that doesn't directly involve Kimmy is actually kind of bad (the lone exception being the Dean Norris episode) but almost every scene that does include her is gloriously good. It's got the same rapid-fire joke delivery and twisted voice as Tina Fey's last show. (Its main character is also just as vaguely/benignly racist as Liz Lemon was. Hmmm) And it could be even better in season 2 when it's being written directly for Netflix and they don't have to be quite as delicate/sparing with the darkness of the show's backstory as they were when they thought it was going to be on NBC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:09 am 

I thought that the surprisingly casual treatment of the bunker backstory was pretty fitting for Kimmy's deliriously optimistic approach to life ("yes there was weird sex stuff in the bunker")

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:47 pm 

I was surprised by this show. The trailer made it look bad, but the first season was actually pretty good and it has a classic feel to it already. I'm sold.