It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Venture Bros.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:24 am 

Just caught up with the show so far. Rumour has it, it will return some time due close from now. Anyway, I love the show's geek-tribute-estique, and deliberately flawing every character to pieces makes for great attachment (only other show i can think of that does something similar is Futurama). Every season seems to get better, if only for the fact that the character building gets deeper all the time (season 4 had a LOT going on within nearly every character). A bit weird to think the show has been running for 9 years and only produced 4 seasons so far, but at least it gives something to look forward to...

Post subject: Re: The Venture Bros.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:07 pm 

2 episodes in and absolutely loving it so far. Brock is an amazing character.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:27 pm 

I usually find Patrick Warburton's shtick annoying in a lot of stuff he's in but he's perfect for Brock.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:21 am 

Yeah, definitely. The voice acting by him here isn't over the top and is pretty reserved, which results in greater effect.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:23 pm 

How do you feel about Col. Hunter Gathers, Brian?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:10 pm 

What do you mean? Do I find the character offensive? No not at all, I think he's a hilarious character and I don't think there's anything meanspirited about the way he's written. He's funny precisely because it's so obvious he only had a sex change so Brock wouldn't kill him.

South Park giving birth to the retarded "Dolphin" analogy that has attracted transphobes like flies to shit on the other hand.....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:14 pm 

Nah, didn't mean it like that, but he is hilarious. I just find the mix of his outright masculinity as well as the longing to be a woman something new and well done that I haven't really seen before. Shore Leave's another great character. Incredibly flamboyant, but just as masculine as Brock in his own way.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:06 pm 

New episodes have been great. Rare that a show can flesh out its characters and the depth of its world while still being incredibly funny.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:58 pm 

i promise i will watch it all eventually quinnsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:12 pm 

I still need to watch the last season of this. I started it like a year ago, but realized a few minutes in that I had forgotten so much from the fourth season. So then I started the fourth season but realized a few minutes in that I had forgotten so much from the third season. So then I started the third season and had trouble finding links, so I just bought it all on DVD and am planning a big rewatch from the beginning to keep me occupied after the next season of GOT ends.

I love how Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick are so OCD about creating an entire history for every single character, but it makes it so difficult to keep track of everything when the gulf between seasons is so massive.