It is currently Mon May 25, 2015 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Shield
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:06 pm 

Man, I've been impressed with this show. On season 4 now and the ending of "Cutthroat" was almost too intense to handle. Walton Goggins is an incredibly good actor. It's not on the same level as The Wire, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones but this show deserves love.

Post subject: Re: The Shield
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:41 pm 

It's perhaps not on the same level as a series, but it's got fantastic episodes and stories that are easily comparable with those on any of the aforementioned shows.

The Shield is a show I wanna sit down with a friend or girlfriend and go through entire seasons with, like I do with Breaking Bad, The Wire, and many others. Because of the way it's structured, it's easier to watch single episodes of The Shield without feeling lost, but it still demands that you watch the show from the beginning to truly appreciate its brilliance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:35 pm 

The series finale of the Shield is the best single hour of television I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm 

What an unbelievable finale.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:52 am 

I just finished the pilot episode. Looks like good cop, bad cop to me. Still pretty good though. I'm gonna watch a few more episodes and see what I think after that.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:50 am 

How are you watching it?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:31 am 

with ill judgment it seems

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:14 am 

lol no, I wasn't being entirely serious about the good cop, bad cop thing. It's good. I like the pacing of it, the characters seem pretty interesting, and I already like where the plot is going. Just want to watch a few more episodes to see what I think after that. I've watched many shows where I liked the pilot but didn't like anything else after that.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:20 pm 

i need to get back into the shield, but i'm big into oz right now and will be done with that by the time hannibal comes back so i don't know when that is going to happen. basically bones, you're full of shit.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:04 pm 

Bones wrote:
lol no, I wasn't being entirely serious about the good cop, bad cop thing. It's good. I like the pacing of it, the characters seem pretty interesting, and I already like where the plot is going. Just want to watch a few more episodes to see what I think after that. I've watched many shows where I liked the pilot but didn't like anything else after that.

How are you watching it?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:08 am 

Like where I got it from? Pirate Bay of course. The files are huge though so I can only fit about half a season on my flash drive.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:11 am 

Sodacake wrote:
i need to get back into the shield, but i'm big into oz right now and will be done with that by the time hannibal comes back so i don't know when that is going to happen. basically bones, you're full of shit.

How am I full of shit? What the fuck do you want me to say? That I hated it? Jesus, I said it was good and that I just need a few more episodes to make an overall assessment about how I feel about it. You don't have to be a complete asshole when there's no reason to be one.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:15 am 

Okay, I watched a few more episodes and I'm hooked. It's definitely not good cop, bad cop at all. Now I could see why you guys thought my joke was so bad. But yeah, this is definitely the kind of show I've been looking for.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:44 am 

Bones wrote:
Sodacake wrote:

How am I full of shit? What the fuck do you want me to say? That I hated it? Jesus, I said it was good and that I just need a few more episodes to make an overall assessment about how I feel about it. You don't have to be a complete asshole when there's no reason to be one.

I said you're full of shit because you said it was good cop bad cop.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:51 am 

There are no good cops in the show.