It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sons of Anarchy w/ spoilers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:14 pm 

I have just watched the 1st four seasons of Sons of Anarchy. I got through about four or five shows and said "This is Shakespeare on Harleys." It was strange enuff with they were dealing with their rival gangs, MCs, the IRA, and the Ruskie mob. Now they're in bed with the CIA?!

Post subject: Re: Sons of Anarchy w/ spoilers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:46 am 

That's exactly the point where I gave up on the show. Season 2 was lightning in a bottle (mainly down to Sagal and Hurst's performances, in retrospect) but that twist is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a cable drama and proof positive that Kurt Sutter doesn't really know what he's doing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:57 pm 

It's gotten ridiculous. I want them to go back to beating up ass holes and having fun on motorcycles. I'll still watch it, but it isn't what it used to be.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:50 pm 

season 1 was a lot of fun, season 2 made me think that maybe it wasn't so low brow, season 3 they blew a great opportunity, and it's been misguided, tiring, and cheesy ever since. one thing that bothers me the most is that i don't laugh anymore when i watch.