It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Favorite Parks and Rec Character
Leslie Knope 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Ron Swanson 40%  40%  [ 21 ]
Tom Haverford 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Ann Perkins 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
April Ludgate 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Andy Dwyer 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Ben Wyatt 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Chris Traeger 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Jerry Gergich 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Donna Meagle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mark Brendanawicz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 53
 Post subject: Re: Parks and Recreation
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:29 pm 

monga18 wrote:
Oh I totally agree that Ann is a great foil/straight woman for Leslie. I just don't think she works particularly well with anybody else given how tenuously she's connected to most of them. The last 2-3 episodes she's been paired up with Ron and those stories have been superfluous. Leslie is already Ron's mentee/surrogate sister and April is already Future Girl Ron. There's no room at the inn. I really think they need to keep Ann in storage for when they need her in Leslie stories (and occasionally to have April shit on her) and just not use her besides that. Have her be more of a Donna and not the second female lead she's been the last 2 years.

Ok, yeah I definitely agree with that (using her like Donna). The stories with her and Ron have not been very entertaining. But I think we need to accept that TV just gives more time to the bigger stars, and Rashida Jones is going to be onscreen as much as possible because she so prettayyyy.

Quote:
Chris/Rob Lowe (don't know what to call him since the whole reason he's on the show is because he's Rob Lowe, star actor/ratings bait, and not Chris Traeger, integral character.) is just an odd case because there was never much expectation that he'd be on the show long, until he was. He would have played a big part as an antagonist had Leslie and Ben not broken up, until they did. Now he's just there banging Jerry's slutty daughter and taking up space.

Yeah but still...it's funny that he's doing Jerry's daughter. I still like having him on the show as long as they don't build the main subplot around him, like they did in the episode where Ann films him for the health PSA.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:08 pm 

batman wrote:
Rashida Jones is going to be onscreen as much as possible because she so prettayyyy.

Speaking of this, I love how often Leslie refers to her as "beautiful Ann" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 pm 

Ron Swanson
Tom Haverford
Andy Dwyer
Ben Wyatt
Leslie Knope
Jean-Ralphio
Ann Perkins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 pm 

jumpman8828 wrote:
batman wrote:
Rashida Jones is going to be onscreen as much as possible because she so prettayyyy.

Speaking of this, I love how often Leslie refers to her as "beautiful Ann" :lol:

my favorite one:
"Anne, you beautiful, naive, sophisticated, newborn baby"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:28 pm 

Ron and Tom are the best.

So what are everyone's favorite episodes? Mine are Practice Date, Ron and Tammys, and Christmas Scandal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:58 pm 

I've mentioned a couple times that the thing that makes "Parks & Rec" better than the contemporaneous seasons of "The Office" was by that time, all of the thing that made Michael Scott a human being (he was an idiot but he was a savant at sales, he had a good heart, he really cared about his employees) were either downplayed or removed to make him into an idiot cartoon character who no one in their right mind should have ever promoted into the regional management position. Meanwhile, Leslie Knope has always seemed like a mildly eccentric woman who was wasn't an idiot and was amazing at her job.

The only reason I watched the last two seasons of "The Office" was because I cared about the characters, but by the first episode of the current season, the show became an irredeemable piece of shit and a shell of what it once was, and it needs to fucking die now so the show's legacy can remain (mostly) intact.

Anyway, I picked Andy (his character development is probably one of the greatest achievements Parks & Rec has, he's become a different character from when he was first introduced to how he is now) and Ron (likely one of the most sympathetic portrayals of Libertarian character in recent memory [not turning his political beliefs into a series of Ron Paul jokes], aside from him being, y'know, awesome). I'd pick Leslie if there were three spots here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:37 pm 

Rob wrote:

So what are everyone's favorite episodes? Mine are Practice Date, Ron and Tammys, and Christmas Scandal.

Ron and Tammy (singular)
Christmas Scandal
Telethon
Flu Season
Media Blitz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:54 pm 

my favorite episode that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Snake Juice episode.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:09 pm 

That episode probably has the most LOL moments of any P&R episode

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:39 pm 

This show's fantastic. Watched up to the current episode over the past 3 days. I went with Ron and Tom, although I love the majority of the characters.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:22 pm 

Thats really a rare thing. Most shows tend to have numerous characters whom I don't like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:09 am 

Since when is Entourage most shows

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:56 pm 

Location: God doesn't love us because we're good, He makes us good because He loves us.
Went back and watched the Director's Cut of The Fight (the Snake Juice episode). The director's cut actually shows Leslie and Ann fighting, which makes the rest of the episode after that make a bit more sense. Also, it reminded me that this is the greatest thing ever:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:02 am 

monga18 wrote:
Rob wrote:

Ron and Tammy (singular)
Christmas Scandal
Telethon
Flu Season
Media Blitz

Going back through season 3 right now and you fucking people are 100% right, the Snake Juice episode is probably the second best episode of the show. (I'm partial to Flu Season myself.) Also Ron and Tammy II > Ron and Tammy > Ron and Tammys.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:24 am 

i watched the first two episodes today and thought it was alright. it's the office pretty much, except in a government building and michael scott is an under-appreciated woman. does it change or pick up and should i keep watching?

i love the bob knight poster in the guy's office though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next