DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hannibal
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:54 am 

Hey, apparently no one made this, so here goes. Anyway, this show is probably the aesthetically most impressive show I've seen. Everything in terms of filming, colours(!), lines(!!), lighting(!!!), leveling, editing, all that jazz really, works incredibly well. Also, the performances rock. It's nice to see that Fuller has such an elaborate and ambitious plan for the show. He clearly knows where he's started and where he's going. First season was my favorite new show of last tv season and, for what I've heard, season 2's gonna be even better.

Post subject: Re: Hannibal
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:10 am 

I agree. Pretty decent show. Well worth a watch but a level below house of cards, homeland, true detective, GoT, etc in my book.
But still 100% must watch tv.

I describe it to my friends as Dexter taken to the next logical extreme.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:11 pm 

Agreed with everything Hendrix said. I would go as far as to call it the best show on television, that is until Louie comes back.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:06 pm 

Gotta admit, this show has very little to do with Dexter. Thematically, both… has… psycopaths, but this show doesn't turn them into sympathetic daddy-vigilantes, it's merciless when it comes to the viewer in terms of suspense and images. Dexter lost all sense of symbolism and aesthetical characteristics after its first season (the one season based directly on a book, if I'm not wrong), Hannibal is all about those aspects. Its a much deeper look into the psyche, also being much more aware that the science of psychology is at its center. Dexter was ultimately dumb entertainment (until it was just dumb). Hannibal is up there with the smartest TV shows right now, and in a time where people en masse watch inconsistently written, highly, and obviously, flawed shows like The Walking Dead, apparently just for the fascination of the uncanny elements, it baffles me that a show this smart is low-rated as of yet.