DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Community
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 pm 

how are you liking jersey shore this year rudy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:33 pm 

7 DAYS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:08 pm 

have you guys been watching the animated shorts on nbc.com? they're not very good but something to fill your community pallet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:55 am 

It's so good to have this show back.

P.S. it also drew a 2.2 in the 18-49 demo last night (and indeed, easily beat American Idol in the 18-34 demo, which is amazing). If the show continues doing anywhere near that, I'd put a lot of money on this show getting renewed for a fourth season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:12 pm 

yes! last night's episode was great. i love abed and troy trying to be normal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:11 pm 

That pillow fight episode was pretty beautiful. Some of the best morning cereal viewing I've ever done.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:04 pm 

If you're up on the Dan Harmon vs. Chevy Chase blood feud, I have to say I agree with Chevy on two points:

1) They've really run out of anything remotely funny or interesting to do with Pierce. Since they retreated from the ledge of making him full-on-evil (which resulted in probably the best work Chevy has ever done anywhere in the D&D and bequeathal episodes) he's basically been doddering around on the margins. (The best example is last night and I think if he stays we're going to see a lot more Pierce-Chang pairings, to the show's detriment). I won't be surprised or sorry if the show comes back in the fall without Pierce in it.

2) The post-hiatus episodes are still entertaining and hang together well as a show, in terms of storyline, character development etc. it's as good as ever. But they haven't been very funny, for the most part. For instance the only things I laughed at in the Ken Burns ep were the campus map gag and Britta's photography. Everything else was engaging, well crafted and performed, but far from hilarious. I'm not sure that's something they absolutely have to correct - if the characters and story are working the laughs will come, most of the time - but I can see why a guy like Chevy Chase who gives every indication of being as shallow and slapsticky as his character would think fewer jokes landing mean the show has turned into a "mediocre sitcom".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:19 am 

The show has been on a roll as of late. Particularly, I thought the Dreamatorium episode was one of the best the show has ever done and the L&O episode was just a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:14 pm 

that Law and Order episode was amazing, even my friends who don't normally like Community though it was really good and well done.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:27 pm 

This show does easter eggs better than any show not called Arrested Development:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:47 pm 

monga18 wrote:
If you're up on the Dan Harmon vs. Chevy Chase blood feud, I have to say I agree with Chevy on two points:

1) They've really run out of anything remotely funny or interesting to do with Pierce. Since they retreated from the ledge of making him full-on-evil (which resulted in probably the best work Chevy has ever done anywhere in the D&D and bequeathal episodes) he's basically been doddering around on the margins. (The best example is last night and I think if he stays we're going to see a lot more Pierce-Chang pairings, to the show's detriment). I won't be surprised or sorry if the show comes back in the fall without Pierce in it.

2) The post-hiatus episodes are still entertaining and hang together well as a show, in terms of storyline, character development etc. it's as good as ever. But they haven't been very funny, for the most part. For instance the only things I laughed at in the Ken Burns ep were the campus map gag and Britta's photography. Everything else was engaging, well crafted and performed, but far from hilarious. I'm not sure that's something they absolutely have to correct - if the characters and story are working the laughs will come, most of the time - but I can see why a guy like Chevy Chase who gives every indication of being as shallow and slapsticky as his character would think fewer jokes landing mean the show has turned into a "mediocre sitcom".

I think the post-hiatus episodes have been better than the pre-hiatus episodes. The Dreamatorium episode and the Law and Order episode pushed it ahead (and I recognize that they hadn't yet aired when you made this post). Of course, the first half had the classic that is Remedial Chaos Theory but this half has been more consistently great.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 am 

The two that have aired since I wrote that are the best since at least the Glee episode if not Chaos Theory.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:47 am 

monga18 wrote:
The two that have aired since I wrote that are the best since at least the Glee episode if not Chaos Theory.

Definitely prefer them to the Glee episode, personally. I prefer Docu: Redux to the Glee episode to be honest. Probably, the pillow/blanket fort two parter as well.

The Dreamatorium episode was an instant top 10 episode for me. I'm probably in the minority but I liked it more than the Law and Order episode.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:26 am 

that video game episode was one of the greatest things i've ever seen

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:45 am 

FUCK.

I honestly think I'd rather see Harmon get a fourth year than see the show get a fifth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next