DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 14129
I dont get people's obssession with the parrot... :confused:

At any rate, I thought my list was better, but I'm probably alone there. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Posts: 119
Victim Of Changes wrote:
I dont get people's obssession with the parrot... :confused:

At any rate, I thought my list was better, but I'm probably alone there. :lol:


Yes you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 14129
It's a good list, but after the top 30 or so, it begins to fall apart.

And not having East-West on here AT ALL is just absurd. Just because it's not some overplayed radio hit doesnt mean it's not a hugely significant solo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 1067
Location: The Mining Ship Red Dwarf
Victim Of Changes wrote:
It's a good list, but after the top 30 or so, it begins to fall apart.

And not having East-West on here AT ALL is just absurd. Just because it's not some overplayed radio hit doesnt mean it's not a hugely significant solo.


Oh hullo Josh!! Is was wondering were you were!! If you send me a link to East-West's studio version on youtube, and I'll see were it belongs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Posts: 119
Victim Of Changes wrote:
It's a good list, but after the top 30 or so, it begins to fall apart.

And not having East-West on here AT ALL is just absurd. Just because it's not some overplayed radio hit doesnt mean it's not a hugely significant solo.


That's true, I was just thinking there should be some Bloomfield on this list.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:49 pm
Posts: 37
Victim Of Changes wrote:
And not having East-West on here AT ALL is just absurd. Just because it's not some overplayed radio hit doesnt mean it's not a hugely significant solo.


I concur! :tiphat:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:27 pm
Posts: 34
I didn't see this one on the list.....Frampton's "Do You Feel Like I do"

That was a big one in late '70s.


Santana's version of Green's Black Magic Woman should be in top 10 since it was a HUGE influence and Carlos signature solo when most lay people think of Carlos.

Ofcourse, the die hard fans like me would put 15-20 of his solo jams on the list.

Of course Europa & Samba Pa ti,and Woodstock's epic Soul Sacrifice.. but even Blues For Salvador from 1987. I believe that cut won a best guitar instrumental in 1987.

Peter Green's 2 cuts Albatross and Slabo Day (Snowy White on lead) should be on there too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 1067
Location: The Mining Ship Red Dwarf
AfricaBamba wrote:
I didn't see this one on the list.....Frampton's "Do You Feel Like I do"

That was a big one in late '70s.


Santana's version of Green's Black Magic Woman should be in top 10 since it was a HUGE influence and Carlos signature solo when most lay people think of Carlos.

Ofcourse, the die hard fans like me would put 15-20 of his solo jams on the list.

Of course Europa & Samba Pa ti,and Woodstock's epic Soul Sacrifice.. but even Blues For Salvador from 1987. I believe that cut won a best guitar instrumental in 1987.

Peter Green's 2 cuts Albatross and Slabo Day (Snowy White on lead) should be on there too.
Do You Feel Like We Do is on the live guitar solo list. if you go to the list I made, Albatross is on there. As well as Europa and Samba Pa Ti.
Do


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:27 pm
Posts: 34
KeithMoonIsGod wrote:
AfricaBamba wrote:
I didn't see this one on the list.....Frampton's "Do You Feel Like I do"

That was a big one in late '70s.


Santana's version of Green's Black Magic Woman should be in top 10 since it was a HUGE influence and Carlos signature solo when most lay people think of Carlos.

Ofcourse, the die hard fans like me would put 15-20 of his solo jams on the list.

Of course Europa & Samba Pa ti,and Woodstock's epic Soul Sacrifice.. but even Blues For Salvador from 1987. I believe that cut won a best guitar instrumental in 1987.

Peter Green's 2 cuts Albatross and Slabo Day (Snowy White on lead) should be on there too.
Do You Feel Like We Do is on the live guitar solo list. if you go to the list I made, Albatross is on there. As well as Europa and Samba Pa Ti.
Do



Oh good. I didn;t know there was another best solo list? Your's is the 200 best list ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 1067
Location: The Mining Ship Red Dwarf
yep it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 3
Baby's on Fire by Brian Eno (guitar: Robert Fripp) should be on this list. I would say for sure in the top fifty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:57 am
Posts: 180
Location: The Helicopter Entering World At Low location (can you figure it out?)
I'm Back :shark: . As much as I love soundchaser, I don't think it should be as high as it is. Also, hey you should be on this list, that is the second greatest guitar solo on the wall. You might want to put young lust on there as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Posts: 119
Quote:
57. Southern Man - Neil Young


You've got to be kidding me. That's some goddamn shitty solo. What's up with all the Neil Young nutswinging on this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:04 pm
Posts: 144
van halen human beings!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100 Greatest Rock Guitar Solos
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 am 
Offline
moderator

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:05 am
Posts: 1922
Reeling in the years needs to be much higher, I mean, even Jimmy Page said it was his favorite solo ever, I mean, not that that has any influence on this list but still, rank 229? Seriously?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:

DigitalDreamDoor.com   

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

DigitalDreamDoor Forum is one part of a music and movie list website whose owner has given its visitors
the privilege to discuss music and movies, and has no control and cannot in any way be held liable over
how, or by whom this board is used. If you read or see anything inappropriate that has been posted,
contact webmaster@digitaldreamdoor.com. Comments in the forum are reviewed before list updates.
Topics include rock music, metal, rap, hip-hop, blues, jazz, songs, albums, guitar, drums, musicians...


DDD Home Page | DDD Music Lists Page | DDD Movie Lists Page