DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Most Skilled Metal Guitarists
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Actually he's not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXCi3H3NzM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:44 pm 

Taro wrote:
boo boo wrote:
Sodacake wanted me to tell Taro that he's an idiot and that Batio isn't the most skilled metal guitarist. All in my trademark style.

Taro, were you born retarded? BATIO ISN'T THE MOST SKILLED METAL GUITARIST!!! There's more to skill than just playing fast you slimy pile of shit maggots.

Yes HE IS. The fastest guitarist EVER

As boo boo said, there is more to skill than just playing fast.
I'll bet that Batio couldnt handle most of the licks from...say...John McLaughlin.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:38 pm 

Taro wrote:
boo boo wrote:
Sodacake wanted me to tell Taro that he's an idiot and that Batio isn't the most skilled metal guitarist. All in my trademark style.

Taro, were you born retarded? BATIO ISN'T THE MOST SKILLED METAL GUITARIST!!! There's more to skill than just playing fast you slimy pile of shit maggots.

Yes HE IS. The fastest guitarist EVER

Terrible trolling bruv.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:32 am 

Sherick wrote:

Pretty sure someone slowed that down which revealed sloppyness in abundance. I don't know if he updates it anymore or not, but if I were to say who the fastest guitarists were, I'd just quote Wiljay's list, which you can easily google. And Taro, Batio isn't on top there either.

If you're here to improve your English, you should try to make posts with some analytical depth rather than what you seem to be doing so far. Do some sort of breakdown according to the criteria or whatnot. It would probably help you structuralize aswell as making less people cry in real life when they read your posts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:01 am 

Sodacake linked me to MAB's forum where somebody actually counted the picking speed of different rock guitarists and ranked them, and decided that the fastest was Shawn Lane.

All I could think about is how much of a loser people like that are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:31 am 

That would be Wiljay. Reason why it's been done, I think, is because using math to calculate the NPS was faulty (random example with no root in reality: triplets at 200BPM should in theory result in 18NPS, but when slowed down, you'd find out it's only 14 or something). So basically, it's the most reliable way to determine someone's speed. Should also be noted that it's alternate picking they're talking about, seeing as you can go a lot higher with legato, tapping and sweeping etc.

All I can think about is how awesome Wiljay actually seems to be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:18 pm 

boo boo wrote:
All I could think about is how much of a loser people like that are.

His calculations were printed in Guitar World, and he is also the man who's spent many years gathering the biggest collection of Shawn Lane's music in existence. He's spent countless amounts of time and money burning CDs and DVDs to other fans, always declining when people want to thank him by paying him or sending him gifts. Will and I have kept in touch for nearly 7 years and counting, and I consider him a very good friend.

But sure, he's a loser, whatever you say.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:49 pm 

Yngtchie !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:46 am 

Sherick wrote:

I remember reading something about this being sped up or something.

About Batio, the man has COLOSSAL amount of talent but not much taste.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:15 am 

Timitzii wrote:
Sherick wrote:

I remember reading something about this being sped up or something.

Yes, whatever he did with the audio before uploading it, it's not what was actually played that night. Willjay slowed down the video, and you can see that his picking hand is doing less pick strokes than the audio will have you to believe. I believe in one second you can hear 20 picked notes, but he's only picking 15 times in that one second.

So yeah, major fraud, and a tremendous liar. I've been keeping an eye on this guy ever since his videos first started to appear online, and the amount of bullshit this guy spews... Most people aren't aware of this, which is why that video keeps being reposted by people who are convinced he's the real deal. Here's the real deal:

I have TONS of respect for Michael Angelo Batio, because whatever one thinks about his playing and music, the guy does not bullshit anyone. He's built a solid career out of being a really, really technically skilled guitarist, and has worked his butt off to get where he is today. He's also the nicest guy you'll meet, which even people who hate his playing have to admit after having met him. Treats his fans well, even let me play on one of his albums.

I have zero respect for Thiago Della Vega and his ilk.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:36 am 

Yngtchie Blacksteen wrote:
I have TONS of respect for Michael Angelo Batio, because whatever one thinks about his playing and music, the guy does not bullshit anyone. He's built a solid career out of being a really, really technically skilled guitarist, and has worked his butt off to get where he is today. He's also the nicest guy you'll meet, which even people who hate his playing have to admit after having met him.

I agree, he seems extremely respectful and nice guy to chat with. His playing is also extremely skilled and I love some of his licks really much: "No Boundaries" still blows my mind, no matter how "wanky" one would call it.

Yngtchie Blacksteen wrote:
Treats his fans well, even let me play on one of his albums.

Really? Sounds great.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:11 am 

Actually, it sounds pretty crap, because I didn't know it was gonna end up on his album, so I just gave a really blah solo that I'm not proud of at all. But the gesture was just wonderful.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:15 am 

What album is it on?

Yes, really nice move by Batio there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 am 

Hands Without Shadows 2: Voices

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:26 am 

Batio, what a man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next