DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: Casual Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:58 pm 

Yngtchie Blacksteen wrote:
I offered it to my sister! She didn't have any space left on her walls, they were already covered with boy band posters...
excuses, excuses.... you could easily have made fire out of it... to warm your cold norsk soul during those brutally long vardo winters...

Quote:
I highly doubt anyone would consider noodling over backing tracks to be a great idea for an album, but I will use the positive feedback I'm getting to fuel more playing and recording,
true, and i meant an album featuring you + human musicians... or just pull an inveigh and do your own drum 'n bass overdubs...

Quote:
perhaps with other players around the world to trade licks with, we'll see.
now you're getting dirty... take it to the bleeding hearts thread...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:03 pm 

:wink:

I haven't played with another non-guitarist in 5+ years, and I've yet to learn how to accompany another musician with my playing. I reckon that ship has sailed, but I still wanna play and be heard, so online jams and whatnot are positive opportunities for yours truly. What should I record next?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:06 pm 

this here!! a little ditty i came up with just now.... sounds a bit like a broad showtune, which is very uncharacteristic of me...

--1--2------------2----3----------2------------------2-----3----5-----5----9----7----9-----5-------2-----3------5-----9----9----7----9-----5---
--------3--------------------4-----------5---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------2----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------4-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i could slap a harmony to it in a minute... now all i need is a lyricist... and it would be a huge hit...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:30 am 

We dont have a thread for Greatest Riff Makers anymore?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:24 pm 

R.I.P. George Marino

We were very sad today to hear that mastering engineer extraordinaire George Marino passed away following a year long battle with lung cancer. While some of you may not instantly recognize George’s name, he was the unsung hero behind the scenes on hundreds of classic albums working in all genres of music

......including Stevie Wonder’s Innervisions, AC/DC‘s Back In Black, Guns N’ Roses‘ Appetite for Destruction, Bon Jovi’s Slippery When Wet, Journey‘s Frontiers, Metallica's The Black Album and Cyndi Lauper’s She's So Unusual, just to name a few... he has worked with Ozzy Osboune, the Allman Brothers, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Kiss, the Offspring, the Cars, Coldplay and countless others. In his nearly 40 years at Sterling Sound, he won three Grammy awards, most recently in 2011 for Arcade Fire‘s The Suburbs, which won Album of the Year.

His talent, professionalism, attention to detail and above all true dedication to music, along with the mere fact that George was simply one of the nicest people we have ever met anywhere in the music business, makes today a very sad one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 am 

Tx for the heads up Rick. Knew the name , but had no idea of the breadth of his work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:55 am 

Can someone recommend me more guitar-based music like this? I love the tone and the technique. I need more.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:20 am 

I have a throbbing urge to one day trade licks with either of these fine gentlemen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:23 am 

Can someone tell me how low his guitar is tuned here? This is some heavy shit....doom at it's best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:51 pm 

I love this:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:47 pm 

cuatro wrote:
I love this:

Very Interesting - sort of prog fusion - really enjoyed it. Some top notch playing !!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 pm 

So, I'm reading this guitar tab for "Magic Bus" and it's telling me to tune my guitar down one whole step (D G C Bb A D) and then put a capo on the fifth fret. Can't I just leave my guitar in standard tuning, put the capo on the fourth fret and just transpose everything down one fret? Wouldn't that be the exact same thing? :confused:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:39 pm 

Yeah, that makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:22 pm 

Well, that's what I've been doing for the last forty minutes and it sounds perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:30 am 

Yeah, just keep doing that. Tuning it down a whole step and putting it on the 5th fret is just pointless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 62  Next