Alright I'm fuckin drunk, but I've been bothered to make end of the year lists of 2011 since I didn't do them. So if this is incoherent as shit, then fuck you man. This is probably pretentious as shit since they're mostly foreign, but then if that's the case, then fuck you again man. In fact I'm gonna insert mini reviews too nigga
1. The Turin Horse (Tarr): Man you may think the long takes here are too much, but this is shit that will be ingrained in your mind forever man. I fell asleep to this movie like falling asleep in Thanksgiving while watching the game from eating too much, but then you wake back the fuck up and you just get back into it. Main thing is you still remember that shit like it was a dream where you pass through memories and images in n out.
2. I Wish (Koreeda): Man I love Asian films. Asians are so humble and shit, the white man can learn from them. This is from Japan. It may not seem like much when you see it as it is not really a spectacle, but this is the kind of endearing shit that like to see since everyone else are cocky motherfuckers. I fuckin love sushi man.
3. Melancholia (Von Trier): Man fuck this cocky ass dude, but he makes some memorable ass films. What's funny is this is probably his most easily digestible film but it's still not an easy watch. People say it encaptures depression better than any other movie, but in agreeing with that statement to a point, I find it a really uplifting movie and shit. Plus man, you get to see Kirsten Dunst's tits in all its glory. FUCK
4. Drive (Refn): Man Ryan Gosling needs more fuckin MASS IMO. But if he's the sex symbol of this generation while still being lauded as a good actor (James Dean, Marlon Brando, et set), then so be it. This motherfuckin movie was the most wholly complete work of art I ever seen come out of Hollywood last year. It aped a lotta shit from a lot of past shit, but it all felt like its own universe with its own pacing, with its own faggot canal scenes against 80's music. Anyway I argue about this movie with my friend David, but fuck him, even though he makes good ass quesadillas.
5. A Separation (Some Perisan Dude): Alright this movie, fuck, some emotional shit right here. If I had to give a screenplay award to any movie this year, even more than descendants and even Moneyball (which i don't have on this list FUCK), then I'd give it to this. Seriously man, this movie will wreck you no matter how happy you are.
6. Shame (Fassbender): FUCKIN MICHAEL FASSBENDER'S DICK. Lol nah man, this movie was more than that. Talk about a movie that was concentrated on a theme that I normally don't care for that much. But this movie man, sometimes you watch a movie that puts you in a frame of mind that sticks with you forever and not just from content, but in its entire way of presenting itself, this is one of those movies. I can still FEEL Shame.
7. The Descendants (Payne): Man I miss my homeland of Hawaii. This movie had a sickass screenplay that never really rose above its subdued environment to interrupt it. It was a drama that was filtered through the lax lens of the islands and becuase of that it birthed this fuckin aesthetically pleasing, consistently toned, streamlined dramedy that makes me all kinds of nostalgia.
8. Hugo (Scorsese): Man when Martin Scorsese dies, it's gonna be fuckin sad man. That dude inspires me to continually be a fan of film and I continue to be one my nigga. This movie I love cuz I know it's personal to him cuz he's into that film preservation shit and Louis Malle man, I fuckin love that guy since I study Film History n shit. But man, I fuckin cried like the lil bitch I am at this movie with another DUDE. LOL Fuck man, nah I did, it was totally queer.
9. Martha Marcy May Marlene (Dirkin): Man this movie, FUCK. This was some disturbing shit, but in a good way, cuz I'm not disturbed by SHIT. I've seen it all man. But yeah, this movie's edits were great as shit. It jumped during different times and I always knew when it was gonna. Plus man, you get to see more tits here and that's always a plus.
10. Tree of Life (Malick): Man when I first saw this movie, FUCK. Shit, they fund these kinda artistically astute kinda movies? Man those edits you could feel, cinematography that makes you wonder, fuckin Brad Pitt's jaw. But yeah after awhile, in fact to be honest, after Melancholia, which has a simliar subject matter, and which is way more cohesive IMO (FUCK DON'T ARGUE WITH ME MAN, I LIKE THIS MOVIE). But damn that third section of it, fuck that random as shit man. What was this, edited by Michael J Fox? FUCK.