It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 100 Worst Movies
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:30 pm 
Deany wrote:
Barring Date Movie and Vampires Suck (which both sucked immensely), I loved all of those movies. I don't think they should be on this list, simply because they accomplished exactly what they set out to do: appeal to the lowest common denominator and get a lot of laughs. I'm sick of all those people who think boorish, low-mentality comedy has no place in cinema; that's just pretentious and hypocritical. The critics may hate it, but most people went to see it expecting lewd jokes, ridiculous shout-outs and Big-Lipped Alligator Moments. They got both.

And, yeah, The Last Airbender needs to be top (or is it bottom?) 20. It has tarnished the name of one of the greatest animated series of the new millenium for all eternity.

That's funny because even though Date Movie sucked it's probally their best movie so far. I don't see how anyone can like any of those movies or love them. I wouldn't say this about more than half of the movies on the list because that's how horrific these movies are. These 2 directors need to go jump off a cliff. I watched all of their movies (except Disaster Movie) so that I can see for myself how bad they are and they were just painfully unfunny.

At least some of their movies SHOULD be on this list.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:56 pm 

Scary Movies 1-3 were good. 3 is actually my favorite.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:05 pm 
beaverteeth92 wrote:
Scary Movies 1-3 were good. 3 is actually my favorite.

Yeah 1 and 3 were good and 2 was decent but not as good. Luckily those weren't directed by those 2 losers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:16 pm 

C'mon! Not every film can be some kind of artful Oscar-bait opus. Some films are just there for people to watch and have a good laugh. No thinking, no deeper meaning, just over-the-top dumbass comedy. They did that, and they're losers now? Viewers are expected to turn their brains off at the door before they watch the movie, and everyone gets a big kick out of it. If it was actually trying to be serious, then sure, it's shit. But it's not. They poke fun at everything, and people love it. You will not find one casual Joe who won't laugh his ass off while watching Disaster Movie. Guaranteed.

Oh, on a related note: How could you judge Disaster Movie to be shit when you haven't even seen it? Isn't that a bit, you know, dismissive and judgmental? Not trying to be mean here, just pointing that out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:10 pm 
Deany wrote:
C'mon! Not every film can be some kind of artful Oscar-bait opus. Some films are just there for people to watch and have a good laugh. No thinking, no deeper meaning, just over-the-top dumbass comedy. They did that, and they're losers now? Viewers are expected to turn their brains off at the door before they watch the movie, and everyone gets a big kick out of it. If it was actually trying to be serious, then sure, it's shit. But it's not. They poke fun at everything, and people love it. You will not find one casual Joe who won't laugh his ass off while watching Disaster Movie. Guaranteed.

Oh, on a related note: How could you judge Disaster Movie to be shit when you haven't even seen it? Isn't that a bit, you know, dismissive and judgmental? Not trying to be mean here, just pointing that out.

I said how their movies are shit, I didn't exactly say Disaster Movie is but I have seen parts of it on youtube and every part I seen was horrible plus it got extremely negative reviews just like the rest of their movies. I have heard a lot of people that hated that movie or don't even bother to watch it so I guess not every casual Joe loves it.

Hey man I'm all for watching a stupid silly comedy but I can't laugh if they aren't funny. Those 2 directors either don't even try or they are just that bad. They just do this to make money. They just throw together a crappy 75 to 80 minute movie to make a few bucks. They have no idea how to make a parody. Instead of making fun of disaster films from the past they just make fun of random celebrities and do dance off's and whatever else. I bet none of the celebrities they have made fun of even give a damn since the movie itself is a big joke anyway.

:cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:15 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
Deany wrote:
You will not find one casual Joe who won't laugh his ass off while watching Disaster Movie. Guaranteed.

I do not know one person with any taste who found anything enojoyable about Disaster Movie. Hell, even most people without good taste don't like it. If that is not an objectively horrible movie, then nothing is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:58 pm 
Sherick wrote:
Deany wrote:
You will not find one casual Joe who won't laugh his ass off while watching Disaster Movie. Guaranteed.

I do not know one person with any taste who found anything enojoyable about Disaster Movie. Hell, even most people without good taste don't like it. If that is not an objectively horrible movie, then nothing is.

Completely agree. These movies make me want to stick needles in my eyes and set myself on fire.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:41 pm 

Eh, I guess I'm just a sucker for green jokes and catchy retard songs. Not a lot of good comedy 'round here, so I make do with what I got. I like laughing at stupidity and dumbassness, sue me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:53 pm 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
I enjoyed Not Another Teen Movie and Scary Movie 3 quite a bit, just for cheap stupid laughs. I wouldn't argue that Scary Movie 3 is a particularly good movie, but compared to the Friedberg and Seltzer stuff that followed, it was Rashomon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:40 am 
Friedberg and Seltzer;s movies are not only bad but offensive. They assume that the new generation is so stupid that they will enjoy their movies. i wish death upon both of them. May god strike them down. Pieces of shit!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:38 am 

Destroyer wrote:
Friedberg and Seltzer;s movies are not only bad but offensive. They assume that the new generation is so stupid that they will enjoy their movies. i wish death upon both of them. May god strike them down. Pieces of shit!!!!!!!!

²

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 pm 

damn you guys really think battlefield earth was that bad? maybe its because i generally love sci fi but wasnt gigli 100x worse?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:50 am 

I love SF, and I enjoy a lot of SF films that people generally don't care for, but Battlefield Earth is terrible. Easily the worst modern science-fiction film. It makes Skyline look like Blade Runner in comparison.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:43 pm 

Why isn't Manos: the Hands of Fate on here? When you take away MST3K that movie rockets up to the top 5.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:34 pm 

JRA wrote:
Why isn't Manos: the Hands of Fate on here? When you take away MST3K that movie rockets up to the top 5.

The list maker purposefully excluded B and Z movies. Someone else is already Making a list for those movies anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next