It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UP THE PUNX
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:42 am 

This thread is for any punk/hardcore recommendations.

Fucked Up - Hidden World (2006)

I'd be willing to say this is some of the best hardcore punk of the decade. It's that rarest of rare punk albums that manages to go so far beyond the usual confines of punk but you won't find any punk fans disowning this. It is so inspired by Refused and like so many songs from the Shape of Punk it moves from the spoken word breaks to the screams of "I WANNA HEAR YOU FUCKING CRACK" in such a natural and graceful manner. Very rarely does something that can be described as graceful make you pump your fist and fit in with the angry "FUCK YEAH!" manner of classic hardcore punk. Very rarely is a badass hardcore punk album this ambitious in its sound and themes without sounding full of shit.

Best tracks: Baiting the Public, David Comes to Life, Invisible Leader.

-http://www.mediafire.com/?owhdowj2mzm

Post subject: Re: UP THE PUNX
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:24 pm 

Really getting into the Misfits and the Minutemen. PLZ upload more to this thread!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:05 pm 

Matz do you like Nomeansno?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:40 am 

I actually just found their album "Wrong" a few days ago. Haven't gotten around listening to it yet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:51 pm 

It's good shit. Actually not too far off Minutemen, just heavier and weirder. Rags and Bones and The End of All Things are real epics.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:54 pm 

I just listened to that album tonight. Swear to God, Dave Ellefson is on bass. Good album, though. Pretty experimental post-hardcore from '89.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 pm 

Listened to the album from the first post. As the review points out, really interesting album. The scary vocals almost turned me away from the get-go, but I really didn't end up minding it by the end. Reading the review before I listened to it I was wary, because it sounded like it could have been a complete disaster, I was surprised tho. Good upload Rudy, I hope to see more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:37 pm 

Everyone absolutely needs this album, now:

Drive Like Jehu
Yank Crime (1994)

-http://www.mediafire.com/?0bdutduf9vjfznj

It's possibly due to my general ignorance of the Hardcore/Post-Hardcore genre, but Yank Crime is truly unlike any album I have ever heard. Drive Like Jehu really just pull it all together on this one. Almost every parameter by which I judge alternative rock is executed with such precision and perfection. It's like they just took the best aspects of every band before them and wove it seamlessly together in one album: the pop riffs of Husker Du, the angular guitar interplay of Sonic Youth, the dark, uncanny atmosphere of Slint. Yank Crime is so filled with hooks that it's an incredible first listen, but it's such a complex piece of work that you'll be hooked trying to unravel it. This is a hardcore punk meets post-rock meets pop rock album that must be heard to believe.