DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rap/Hip-Hop discussion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 pm 

Very much so. I love Atmosphere, Sole, and (some of) Doseone's other stuff, and all three of them together is just fantastic. One of the most aggressive hip hop albums.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:13 am 

Finally got around to Cancer 4 Cure, good stuff. El-P for producer of the year.

Can't wait to see him on Monday along with the king of 2012, KILLER "POWMUHFUGGAPOW" MIKE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:31 am 

Lol I remember Mike Bigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:05 am 

joe c wrote:
Very much so. I love Atmosphere, Sole, and (some of) Doseone's other stuff, and all three of them together is just fantastic. One of the most aggressive hip hop albums.

Is there any particular solo album from one of them you like? I'm pretty much a n00b as far as most underground hip hop goes. I've heard some Aesop and thats about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:10 am 

Gray wrote:
joe c wrote:

Is there any particular solo album from one of them you like? I'm pretty much a n00b as far as most underground hip hop goes. I've heard some Aesop and thats about it.

Well for Atmosphere I'm a fan of their albums Strictly Leakage and When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold which are both, from what I hear from various fan sources, both anomalies in their discography (might be why I like them so much).

The only other Sole release you really need is Selling Live Water.

Doseone is involved in a lot of stuff, but two of his projects stand out to me-Themselves and Subtle. Themselves is super-anticon rap, so if you like other anticon releases you'll like Themselves. Check out their album The No Music, or at least listen to the song "Live Trap" which contains some of the fastest rapping I've heard from anyone. Subtle is kind of like Doseone's Gnarls Barkley, it isn't so much hip hop anymore but the beats are definitely hip hop influenced. Check out their album A New White.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:35 am 

http://www.thewordisbond.com/64105/cunn ... st-spotify

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:45 pm 

That doesn't surprise me too much. When I went to go see them last spring Kno told an audience member that hadn't heard his solo album to go to Google and search "rapidshare.com Death is Silent".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 pm 

remember when you didn't listen to Death Grips?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 pm 

nope o.O

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:14 am 

well I can safely say that El-P is some kind of rap auteur, just saw him live along with killer mike, mr. motherfuckin exquire and despot, all with their own shows each, and he pretty much controls every aspect of their sound. Great great show. El-p really has his own sound, it's like this heavy, pulsating, futuristic, rock heavy, upfront sound in all his beats, fitting somewhere between the best of latter Nine Inch Nails and a groovier, more concise Chem Bros. The crowd was mixed with opposites, ranging from uber hipsters sportin button down dress shirts tucked in with suspenders to the wiggerest wiggers your mind can imagine with unbent cap bills to holyshit actual black people. And it's a trip to see this melting pot of music fans come together and get down to this absolutely dank shit that sounds like it's coming from Mars 20 years down the line, with bold colors flashing and performers on stage being lit like shadowy silouhettes during bone chilling songs like "The Jig is Up" and "Reagan". The back to back attack of Killer Mike and El-p pretty much treated this opportunity as an album retrospective of their releases this year, since both have already easily been ingrained within the DNA of 2012's elite.

I don't know how down these guys usually get but El-p pretty much drank a bottle of rum throughout and everyone had their moments of power of familiarity, with Killer Mike dipping back to Outkast's Whole World and Bonecrusher's "Never Scared" (appearing in both) and El-P spittin over an unexpected implementation of House of Pain's Jump Around. Nothing like a party in the 90 degree at night, downtown AZ life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:43 pm 

Funcrusher Plus alone was enough to give El-P God status.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:47 pm 

not really music related but how can you not be excited for this

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:49 pm 

i will see that for sure

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:31 am 

:ugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:55 am 

<3 ganksta nip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 108  Next