DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Neil Young
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:24 pm 

Neil Young
(b. 12 November 1945)
Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995

Last edited by Avery_Island on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Neil Young
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:00 am 

Ragged Glory should not only be bold, but red. also Freedom bold. no love for the late 80s/early 90s resurgence?

Rust Never Sleeps is in my opinion his masterpiece. Rust > Tonights > Beach > Glory > Everybody Knows > Zuma > Gold Rush > Harvest > Freedom > Angels... imo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:54 am 

I don't think Ragged Glory should be red. Red is for the ultra-elite, I think Tonight's the Night would belong there before RG. I'm not sure Ragged Glory is that well loved or acclaimed. I did miss both for bolding though, you're right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:05 pm 

The last 3 songs off On the Beach are just devestating.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:06 pm 

Thrasher has got to be one of my favorite lyrical pieces of any artist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:20 pm 

Oh, I totally agree. I don't know how anyone can listen to that song and not get lost in memories of people and places they've left behind in their life. Such an incredible song.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:07 pm 

Rust Never Sleeps ought to be red. And Sleeps With Angels could be bold. And Zuma could be downgraded to regular.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:14 pm 

i think tell me why is my favorite neil young song

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:42 pm 

ClashWho wrote:
Rust Never Sleeps ought to be red. And Sleeps With Angels could be bold. And Zuma could be downgraded to regular.

I had Rust Never Sleeps in red before, but Piper said we should limit it and I think 5 reds for studio albums is basically kept for Dylan and the Beatles.

Zuma should definitely be bold imo it's one of his most acclaimed albums. Not sure about Sleeps with Angels.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:47 pm 

Avery_Island wrote:
ClashWho wrote:

I had Rust Never Sleeps in red before, but Piper said we should limit it and I think 5 reds for studio albums is basically kept for Dylan and the Beatles.

Zuma should definitely be bold imo it's one of his most acclaimed albums. Not sure about Sleeps with Angels.

"Should" is the keyword. If its a huge discography, like Miles Davis' it can be more. Other Releases shouldn't count towards to red count.

Basically how can you know what albums to pick up first if half the artists' discography is in red?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:53 pm 

Avery_Island wrote:
ClashWho wrote:

Rust Never Sleeps simply must be red. It might even be his greatest album.

Avery_Island wrote:

Sleeps With Angels was given five stars by Rolling Stone upon release. Not many albums can say that. Although, It's Hard can, so... But, still, it's an amazing album and has certainly held up over time much better than It's Hard. I dunno about Zuma. Other than "Cortez the Killer", I don't think it has that much going for it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 pm 

Location: "do you see the perpetrator?" "yeah I'm right here."
I agree that Rust Never Sleeps has to be red. Unred something else if we have to have this rule. Maybe Harvest.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:02 pm 

Zuma is one of his highest acclaimed records according to acclaimedmusic.net and one of his highest rated on RYM. I definitely thinks it should be bold.

Angels is borderline I guess, I'll bold it anyway though.

Harvest definitely should be red, I'll unred EKTIN, I think RNS is more acclaimed than it on second thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:05 pm 

I think "On the Beach" is my favorite Young song, just for how chilled out and smooth like a bong rip of hash that song is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:06 pm 

420 Bro wrote:
I think "On the Beach" is my favorite Young song, just for how chilled out and smooth like a bong rip of hash that song is.

The line "and though my problems are meaningless, it don't make them go away" always gives me chills. It's one of my favourites too, as I said earlier, the last 3 songs on On the Beach are just incredible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next