DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Rob Halford - The Metal god
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 pm 

It's about time Metal returns to the forum

Halford had been very discussed on the other forum, but one thing that i find fascinating is his shape on the first Halford tour on 2000-2001. For a 50 year old back then to pull off the entire Live Insurrection dude, that is something that i never seen in any other singer

I highly recommend everyone to download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1R7EBC4X

Cornell and Lambert :durr: can be the shit, but he would die singing Painkiller, Hell Last Survivor or Sad Wings

Post subject: Re: Rob Halford - The Metal God
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm 

and Wanted thinks he cant make it for Longevity.....higher up that is....pfft......1970 the dude started singing......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 pm 

Ok, I'll consider longevity again! :tongue: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5NuMEprXI
This is the best song out of Halford's new album, and one of the best songs this year...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:58 pm 

victorwater wrote:
Cornell and Lambert :durr: can be the shit, but he would die singing Painkiller, Hell Last Survivor or Sad Wings

:question:

Nevertheless, Halford's awesome, besides Cornell, probably my favorite metal singer along with Dio. My favorite Halford performance has gotta be Saints in Hell, one of his more soaring vocals imo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:20 pm 

This :durr: was for Lambert not for Cornell :biggrin:

But seriously man, the man was 50 and had gone through some serious shit on the PK tour almost forever blowing his voice and drugs on the 90's. Funny thing is that i remember seeing a interview with Glenn Tipton and Ripper in 98 saying that Halford was done :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:25 pm 

Oh I see. :cheers:

And yeah, I'd say he is a pretty damn consistent live vocalist when one observes him throughout his live career.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:27 pm 

Wanted Dead Or Alive wrote:
Ok, I'll consider longevity again! :tongue: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5NuMEprXI
This is the best song out of Halford's new album, and one of the best songs this year...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:12 pm 

he sounds very good there....and nice mellow feel to the song...I dig.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:15 pm 

I didn't liked his new album much, for me it's inferior to Crucible or Resurrection, but there's some good songs in there like Heartless and We Own the Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bE8aDrFNQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSnl0ot1ado

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:41 pm 

For me 25 Years was the best song... I liked the new album, but still haven't heard his earlier albums...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 am 

The new album is pretty average. The remixed and remastered version of Crucible is awesome though. I do agree that Live Insurrection is amazing, imo one of the best live metal vocal albums.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:23 am 

Lefty wrote:
victorwater wrote:

:question:

Nevertheless, Halford's awesome, besides Cornell, probably my favorite metal singer along with Dio. My favorite Halford performance has gotta be Saints in Hell, one of his more soaring vocals imo.

Yah great full voice high D's there. But his tone in that song sounds a little thinner than usual, imo...
Stained Class has gotta be my favorite still. So dramatic....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:08 am 

his tone sounds thinner cause he's hardly applying much pressure, that's a soft head voice he's using and some brilliant volume control displayed. I honestly think it's his toughest song to sing....

also, Im gonna go ahead and say technically, beside the falsetto section - dreamer deceiver has NOTHING else ...... sure good singing throughout , but nothing oh so demanding....VoC with the switches, the dynamics, the change to the soft passage and the screaming at the end , IMO , is a far more complete vocal performance.....as is Blood Red Skies

waits for people to kill him.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:34 am 

You do have a point, I used to praise that performance, but it only has about three impressive moments: the soft falsetto intro, the wailing section, and I think there's some more high notes at the end but other than that I definitley see how BRS and VoC are more complete and impressive throughout.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:29 am 

VoC has nothing on Dreamer Deceiver, vocally. The phrasing is very straight-forward, not really creative at all. There are some cool screams, but I hear nothing impressive in the way of dynamics and switching. You're also forgetting that there are TWO falsetto sections in DD, there's one at the end too. Those 'AWWWW' screams always remind me of Gillan in Child In Time, only better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next