DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 220  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Lambert
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:28 am 

That was simply amazing, thank you for posting this. I'm downloading it tonight. Wow...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:39 am 

Uh, I was referring to the Salvation song, guess I should have mentioned that :-) Is the rest of the album similar to that song?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:47 am 

Sir wrote:

Weird song. I like it but I can see it dividing Glamberts. I think it's a really good and simple vocal performance, no crazy high notes or whatever but the vocal is upfront and sounds really good.

It sounds like he's now added some island music or Reggae to his repertoire. I can imagine steel drums in the background. Not so weird, just different for Lambert; I like it the more I listen to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:36 am 

eSCKWID wrote:
Sir wrote:

Weird song. I like it but I can see it dividing Glamberts. I think it's a really good and simple vocal performance, no crazy high notes or whatever but the vocal is upfront and sounds really good.

It sounds like he's now added some island music or Reggae to his repertoire. I can imagine steel drums in the background. Not so weird, just different for Lambert; I like it the more I listen to it.

I agree eWID....This song had to grow on me as well. Though we know he has excellent diction, in the chorus of this it sounds like he's singing "Body rules I play" or "By De Roos I play" which gives it a very Jamaican/urban flair. Very different for him indeed. I can imagine this one live. I think the younger, hip crowd would get behind it.Nice to "meet" you. :tiphat:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:55 pm 

I know I'm not a regualr here but thought some of you might want to see these videos of Adam's Gig at G.A.Y. Heaven Club London this weekend 09 June. I'm kicking myself I couldn't get tickets quick enough or just get on a train and risk it.

Kickin' In http://youtu.be/xavJ6v2xKI4
Shady http://youtu.be/abOGYwOjp6Y
Trespassing http://youtu.be/EoLDhTOyAp0
Naked Love http://youtu.be/Kk72_nWc32g
Cuckoohttp://youtu.be/MF0MkwF-Mjo
Never Close Our Eyes http://youtu.be/Dl7v_iInOpk (Loads of out of tune loud singers near the video camera so might not want to listen to this one!)

PS; By The Rules - I really enjoy the reggae feel to this - I agree it is a little different to what we have heard from him style wise. Such a chill song

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:13 pm 

This is a new one for me from his new album:

Runnin, with lyrics http://youtu.be/KoJW3ob0Xt8 I LOVE THIS

His voice is so deep in places - surprisingly so, and I don't think I've ever heard this from him before? And there is a purposeful manic sound to the chorus word "runnin".

In my opinion this really shows that he has more range than we thought? Deserves to be a hit song - maybe he's saving it for singles release down the line. Would appreciate opinions on this one or point me to the posts if you have already?

By the way how do I embed a Youtube video in the post? I've tried 4/5 times

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:27 am 

stargazer121 wrote:
In my opinion this really shows that he has more range than we thought?

Range? more like

my favourite opinion. :dance:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 pm 

Sippe wrote:
stargazer121 wrote:

Range? more like

my favourite opinion. :dance:

:eh: :question: Where you coming from with that statement Sippe? Hard to tell.....Stargazer had a question/statement....Possibly requires some sort of "expert" response I'm guessing...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm 

he's like a young marc bolan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:52 am 

stargazer121 wrote:

He's touched on lower notes but the last "down down DOWN" in the second verse is his lowest solid note.

Looking forward to Map oh boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:34 pm 

queenrosered wrote:
:eh: :question: Where you coming from with that statement Sippe? Hard to tell.....Stargazer had a question/statement....Possibly requires some sort of "expert" response I'm guessing...
lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:15 pm 

Sippe wrote:
queenrosered wrote:
lol

O I C :lol: Just doin' some ball bustin'? :snacks:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:11 pm 

Just got off the phone with a friend who was at the Gay Pride Parade in San Fran today and it was a free concert in the park with several acts using the same sound tech and speakers so while Adam sounded better (in her opinion) than the other acts (and was the headliner so went last) the bass was too fucking loud thru the whole thing and the drummer was a stand-in for his usual one, etc...So NOT worth a listen. :durr:
Hubby and I are attending the Costa Mesa and Fantasy Springs concerts which I'm sure will be much better, as they are not festivals or radio events. :tiphat:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 am 

Hope he lets loose at Fantasy Springs a bit. I've been liking all the radio performances but compared to GNT they're kind of lacking in cojones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 am 

A few videos with decent sound have shown up from the San Francisco gig on Sunday. This one includes part of NCOE and the cover of Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff." I think his voice sounds great in that. Obviously he was having trouble with the sound system, since his ear monitors were out. (And maybe I'll figure out how to embed a video...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JdpSrREGOU

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BJdpSrREGOU[/youtube]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 220  Next