DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 220  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Lambert
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:32 pm 

In "Runnin" the melody line, at one point, is echoed one octave below. Down to a D2. My question: Is that done electronically? Or is someone (Adam???) naturally singing it?

http://picosong.com/wPTg/ to hear phrase with the melody filtered.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 pm 

To listen to the Trespassing album streamed go to: http://bit.ly/IIkKWS

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:59 pm 

Holy Shit. I just heard Runnin.

This is my new favorite Adam song.

Speechless.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:18 pm 

Runnin and Underneath . . . vocal masterpieces. Both should be considered for top 5 studio.

I can't see anyone other than Adam singing these 2 songs.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:33 pm 

I could never see Adam pulling off Runnin' live. I just can't believe his lower register is reliable enough for that.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:32 am 

all songs are open for interesting live interpretations and versions, but as tracks most are pretty tame. I really dug Nirvana.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:00 am 

beyonddeities wrote:
all songs are open for interesting live interpretations and versions, but as tracks most are pretty tame. I really dug Nirvana.

Yeah a lot of it was quite tame. I think Runnin', Cuckoo and Shady are amazing though. And Underneath is one of his best vocals for sure.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:06 pm 

Mumei wrote:
I could never see Adam pulling off Runnin' live. I just can't believe his lower register is reliable enough for that.

I know it's mind-blowing to imagine his full range but Adam HIMSELF has said that, in deciding which songs to include on this album (he had apx. 50 tracks finished to choose from) he definitely kept in mind the LIVE performances and whether he could do them on a nightly basis, etc. I've heard him say that in at least two interviews so I'd not be surprised to hear him actually perform "Runnin" live.Plus, you can hear some of his lower register in the next track as well ("Take Back")
It's my guess that several factors are in play here. 1) His full vocal range may have been underrated to this point 2) HE may not even be able to tell you what his "limitations" are himself (he has been asked re: octaves & range and shrugs it off saying he's not sure) and 3) As the opera expert has said about male tenors..their voices fully mature (especially the lower registers) at around age 36. Lambert is just 30 now.
I am actually liking this album the more I listen. "Shady" is too funky NOT to be my personal fave! :cool: That said, I also dig "Cuckoo", "Kickin' In","Trespassing","Runnin" and "Underneath" (I like all of them but these are my faves)
Remember the songs he did for the Take One demo CD? Here is just one from that album:

http://youtu.be/By39_debAw8

Of course, the record co. wanted him to sing the demos in a voice that more male singers could relate to/emulate, so he did.And this was several years ago so I bet he CAN sing a lot lower LIVE when he wants to.We'll see. :snacks:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 pm 

Queen, he only got to Bb2 in Light Falls Away. In Runnin', he (maybe) got down to a D2. That's a huge, huge difference, and there's nothing to indicate that Adam is capable of singing almost a full octave lower than he's ever sung live.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:02 am 

Mumei wrote:
Queen, he only got to Bb2 in Light Falls Away. In Runnin', he (maybe) got down to a D2. That's a huge, huge difference, and there's nothing to indicate that Adam is capable of singing almost a full octave lower than he's ever sung live.

Thanks for the vocal expertise Mumei. Now my question is....is there anything to indicate that he CAN'T hit the D2 live :question: Again.....I point to the opinion and treatise of his vocal techniques and future possibilities by Angelina Kalahari, the opera singer/music instructor from the UK who has stated unequivocally that "we ain't heard nothin' YET" when it comes to what he can do and will do.
Since he has stated for the record that he kept live performance ability (for touring purposes) foremost in mind when choosing which songs made the cut...is it POSSIBLE that he IS capable of such a range? Just sayin... :snacks:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:15 am 

queenrosered wrote:
Mumei wrote:

Thanks for the vocal expertise Mumei. Now my question is....is there anything to indicate that he CAN'T hit the D2 live :question: Again.....I point to the opinion and treatise of his vocal techniques and future possibilities by Angelina Kalahari, the opera singer/music instructor from the UK who has stated unequivocally that "we ain't heard nothin' YET" when it comes to what he can do and will do.
Since he has stated for the record that he kept live performance ability (for touring purposes) foremost in mind when choosing which songs made the cut...is it POSSIBLE that he IS capable of such a range? Just sayin... :snacks:

But Runnin didn't make the cut.

I don't think we'll ever hear this one live. It's not that I don't have faith in his lower register, but the arrangement is more like a duet. Maybe he could do it if someone else sang the low parts?

Otherwise, this song needs a new arrangement to be sung live.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:35 am 

The D2 isn't legit or Lambert anyway so who cares.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:32 pm 

Sippe wrote:
The D2 isn't legit or Lambert anyway so who cares.

Deluded fangirls.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:03 pm 

a new unplugged session - several songs with his usual creative variations, both from his previous and new albums including Tresspassing

- Adam Lambert i Mix Megapol Unplugged -(this is fantastic quality recording):

http://youtu.be/s_ziJEN6rxc

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:26 pm 

What's the lowest legitimate note on Runnin'? A2?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 220  Next