DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 219  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Lambert
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 pm 

Mumei wrote:
JRB wrote:
Wow... Outlaws Of Love totally blows. As does BTIKM. :confused:
Hoping the rest of the album is better.

(and please, no need for the Lambert fangirls to reassure me that it will be.)

My only question is why you're confused after the experience of the last album.

(Can't Let You Go and Voodoo are still pretty awesome, though)

I quite liked the last album, actually. Not jumping on the "CLYG was the only good track" bandwagon, because it wasn't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:53 pm 

Not the only good track; it was the only awesome track.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:57 am 

Plugged in Trespassing from NNN Awards last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJNMm92L ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 pm 

Can't Let You Go is incredibly dull.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:06 am 

So is your face, but I'm usually polite and don't mention it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:02 am 

Sippe wrote:
Can't Let You Go is incredibly dull.

Yeah. Amazing vocal but a dull song.

FYE grew on me though. I can listen to it all and enjoy it if I skip Strut and Master Plan. I hope someone got fired for not including Voodoo the first time around.

That Trespassing performance was brilliant btw.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:32 am 

Mumei wrote:
So is your face, but I'm usually polite and don't mention it.

Shame that my face is amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:10 pm 

Hi, I've been away for quite a while and just had a chance to catch up on this thread. I'm a big Adam Lambert fan who has been lucky enough to see him live 3 times in the UK and every time he took my breath away. It's been like a love affair this last 3 years. I don't think there's a performance I haven't got in my YouTube account. I agree neither listening to YouTube nor Studio performances can come anywhere close to actually being there.

I wondered if anyone here had heard this playful track of Adam singing in the musical Hair,not sure if it was 2003 or 2004/5 European Tour - No 15: "My Conviction". Nothing to do with Rock but on the other hand you could imagine Freddie enjoying it! Anyway it was a new one for me:

http://youtu.be/Upw_IUoUe8I

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:53 pm 

Good news...picked up from Adam Lambert fan club page, via another site...;-)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9 ... 2558399090

Queen + Adam Lambert Will Rock Us Several Times This Summer! It looks like Queen will be busy with new frontman Adam Lambert this summer. Drummer Roger Taylor tells The Insider that he and guitarist Brian May are planning to play four shows with the former "American Idol" finalist -- a June 30 concert in Moscow, another with ELTON JOHN in Kiev and two early July shows at the Hammersmith Apollo in England. The latter is to provide "some alternative...for some of the people who had bought tickets" to a July 7 Sonishpere festival date in England that was canceled. "We're really excited about it," Taylor says. "Adam...of course he has this unbelievable range, like Freddie (Mercury) had range. Adam can really cover it. He's an extraordinary singer and a real talent. I feel he fits into our sort of theatricality." As for doing more with Lambert, Taylor says that "we're just going to see what happens, how well it goes, how we get on." Taylor and May first performed with Lambert during the 2009 "Idol" finals and then at the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards. Taylor says he and May have also been approached to be part of the Summer Olympics closing ceremonies in London but adds that "I don't think we're meant to say too much about it yet."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:24 pm 

:dance: Thank you COUG! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 pm 

Officially his next single. After a couple listens....I can definitely get behind it. :thumb:
http://youtu.be/fp26_3VnUh8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:53 pm 

Just heard the studio version. It's okay I suppose, but Lambo went on and on about how happy he is to have co-written most of the album and how it's the kind of music he most wants to make... so why lead the album with a Bruno Mars cover?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 pm 

Sir wrote:
Just heard the studio version. It's okay I suppose, but Lambo went on and on about how happy he is to have co-written most of the album and how it's the kind of music he most wants to make... so why lead the album with a Bruno Mars cover?

#1. The label picks the singles not Adam.
#2. This is the song Radio PD's wanted
#3. This is NOT a cover. Bruno wrote the song but it has not been released before now. The Bruno version online was a songwriting demo made to shop the song around.

When it comes to radio at this point in time Adam needs to give them what they want so they will actually play the fucking song. In a perfect world I'm sure Adam would have loved to release Trespassing or Cuckoo but radio is all about politics and NCOE is the song that radio chose out of the tracks they were polled with. As for the songs Adam didn't write he clearly said they had to be songs that he felt he connected with in order to make the album. The sentiment of this song is very much in keeping with Adam's personality and history. The pop music world is not nearly as snooty as the rock world about who writes stuff and Adam never said he was going to write ALL of the songs only MOST which is in fact true, he has co-written MOST of the songs on the album.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 pm 

[eyerolls]

Ya know, it might help if someone posted the ACTUAL track for people to listen to.

Here's the soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/adamofficial/neve ... our-eyes-1

I'll admit I hate it far less than I thought I would. Wanted Trespassing. However, I can actually get behind this final mix.

ETA: Ignore that acoustic YouTube crap queen posted upstream. The soundcloud is the radio single.

Last edited by Hoppers on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:12 pm 

Oh yeah.

Its best when played LOUD. :cheers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 219  Next