It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 220  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Lambert
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:18 pm 

Queen with Adam Lambert confirmed for Sonisphere.

http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/queen-adam-lambert/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:57 pm 

Hopefully this third Queen + Adam performance will be the charm!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:06 pm 

Gregsynthbootlegs wrote:

:dance: :biggrin:
http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/a ... iew/41064/
I know you're on record as not liking the previous one at MTV/EMAs Greg, but MILLIONS of folks loved it and I hope you'll enjoy this one coming.
As I've said before....May and Taylor feel he's the right guy, as do many others.I think for hardcore Mercury fans, ANYONE singing in Freddie's place seems odd, especially if they aren't already a HUGE established star themselves. I do believe Lambert is up to the challenge though, based on his last performance and on the fact that Queen asked for him again.
I only wished now that I lived in the UK or that they were touring in North America as well.Maybe one day.......who knows :question:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:21 pm 

queenrosered wrote:
Gregsynthbootlegs wrote:

:dance: :biggrin:
http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/a ... iew/41064/
I know you're on record as not liking the previous one at MTV/EMAs Greg, but MILLIONS of folks loved it and I hope you'll enjoy this one coming.
As I've said before....May and Taylor feel he's the right guy, as do many others.I think for hardcore Mercury fans, ANYONE singing in Freddie's place seems odd, especially if they aren't already a HUGE established star themselves. I do believe Lambert is up to the challenge though, based on his last performance and on the fact that Queen asked for him again.
I only wished now that I lived in the UK or that they were touring in North America as well.Maybe one day.......who knows :question:

I hope it goes well. I'm going by the "third time is the charm" philosophy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:51 pm 

They need to be smart with the set list. There are some songs I don't think Adam should try to sing, like "Killer Queen" and other songs with lots of falsetto. They need to find the songs that play to his strengths, like "Who Wants To Live Forever".

Anyway, Adam most certainly must be flawless, because he is going to be filling the shoes of a God, and if he misses a couple of notes he will scrutinized.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:51 am 

I'm starting to wonder if the album delay is due to a last minute collaboration with Queen. It's entirely possible that Adam + Queen could have a single out before this event and perform the song. Of course, probably just wishful thinking . . .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:31 pm 

Val Salva wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if the album delay is due to a last minute collaboration with Queen. It's entirely possible that Adam + Queen could have a single out before this event and perform the song.

Please no! If the delay is because of Queen then... :durr: I do think it's down to the Bruno Mars collaboration though. One thing I don't get is, if the album's unfinished, why is he out doing a load of promo for the unfinished album now instead of finishing it? :freak:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:00 pm 

Sir wrote:
Val Salva wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if the album delay is due to a last minute collaboration with Queen. It's entirely possible that Adam + Queen could have a single out before this event and perform the song.

Please no! If the delay is because of Queen then... :durr: I do think it's down to the Bruno Mars collaboration though. One thing I don't get is, if the album's unfinished, why is he out doing a load of promo for the unfinished album now instead of finishing it? :freak:

All we can do re: the delay is speculate.But I DO believe an 11th hour collab with Mars to be more likely than a Queen one since May and Taylor ( from what I've read) have said they will not write any "new" songs since Freddie's demise.
Either way, the album must get promo so it's a good thing Adam is spending the necessary time, especially in the UK. I think this album will kick ass.I know that he will avoid, at ALL costs, the Idol curse of sophomore slump.
Finally....I've always believed that "Feeling Good" was one of his BEST Idol performances but made MY case eons ago for "Come To Me,Bend To Me" as being one of his very best live performances, even above FG.
As far as moving the list at THIS time...shouldn't we WAIT now...seeing as how Trespassing will be out soon and he will be performing more live engagements? Just a thought. What do you guys think?
(and to Greg...Yes, I do believe third time's the charm as well!) :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:18 am 

queenrosered wrote:
Finally....I've always believed that "Feeling Good" was one of his BEST Idol performances but made MY case eons ago for "Come To Me,Bend To Me" as being one of his very best live performances, even above FG.

Really? The studio performance is one of his best for sure, one of my favourite performances of all time, but live? Very very lackluster by comparison.

CTMBTM is amazing though, I'd put it in the top 5 at least.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:12 am 

Sir wrote:
queenrosered wrote:

Really? The studio performance is one of his best for sure, one of my favourite performances of all time, but live? Very very lackluster by comparison.

CTMBTM is amazing though, I'd put it in the top 5 at least.

Actually Sir....given that the song was sung for "Rat Pack Week" and comparing it to anyone else's version, I'd never describe Lambert's version as "lackluster". Compared to some of his more "manic" material...it was a lot more laid back but the song calls for that.
Even so, the notes he hits and sustains, that vocal run that he hits at "feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelin........good.." at the end is mighty powerful and seemingly effortless for him. He takes the note UP, holds it awhile, then gently floats it back on down like a feather on a light breeze.
That said...if I had to choose between Feeling Good (live) and CTMBTM, I'd choose the latter and have always said so.
Now I'm VERY excited about the upcoming Sonisphere performance with Queen. :dance:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:19 pm 

Val Salva wrote:
They need to be smart with the set list. There are some songs I don't think Adam should try to sing, like "Killer Queen" and other songs with lots of falsetto. They need to find the songs that play to his strengths, like "Who Wants To Live Forever".

Anyway, Adam most certainly must be flawless, because he is going to be filling the shoes of a God, and if he misses a couple of notes he will scrutinized.

Hi Val. I have to laugh at your concern over his ability to sing falsetto.....
http://youtu.be/6v1IsOQhEH4
Maybe you forgot his abilities? :cool: It is MY conviction that there is NO Queen song he cannot sing very well, indeed. :snacks:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:31 pm 

queenrosered wrote:
Maybe you forgot his abilities? :cool: It is MY conviction that there is NO Queen song he cannot sing very well, indeed. :snacks:

Except for the songs that require him to sing on pitch.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:54 pm 

Uh-oh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:49 pm 

To bring some satire to the Adam/Freddie thing, I'll be uploading a wrestling match between Adam and Freddie!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:42 pm 

Sippe wrote:
queenrosered wrote:

Except for the songs that require him to sing on pitch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 220  Next