DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All of Yngwie's singers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:37 pm 

Except Bonnet, since he has his own thread already. Soto, Boals, Turner, Edman, Vescera, Levén, White, Owens. (Turner and Owens have more illustrious careers outside of their few albums with Yngwie, as do most of the others, but they can still be discussed here).

I was thinking just now, that while the common consensus amongst the average Joseph Sixpacks is that Yngwie's singers are a necessary evil, there really are some spectacular vocal performances on the many different YJM records. If we disregard the occasional ridiculous Mark Boals Bb5 you find on some live recordings, are there any vocalists around who can pull off songs from any era of his career? I'm talking "Dreaming," "The Seventh Sign," "Leonardo," "Playing With Fire," that kinda stuff. This isn't run-of-the-mill high notes, you gotta have crazy range to pull either one off and not sound like you're dying. Throw in "Hiroshima Mon Amour," and you've got a dilly of a pickle.

I've heard Doogie White nail "Dreaming" even better than Turner did in the Leningrad video, and I know Boals had problems with "The Seventh Sign" in some of the bootlegs I've heard, so I don't know if there's one guy who could do it all justice. Thoughts? Far as I know, these days Yngwie doesn't even have a singer, he just hires some sad 3rd rate screamer live, or does it himself in the studio. I'm guessing he doesn't really give a shit about vocals anymore, but what if he did? What if he wanted to head out on the road and get all those classic tunes done right? Are there any quality singers who could?

Post subject: Re: All of Yngwie's singers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:31 pm 

Fuck Doogie, JLT for life.

And there's plenty of singers who could hit every note necessary for an Yngwie's career type show. Just none he's already played with, except maybe Graham.